HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MDZ - The Little Engine That Could.

Old
07-18-2011, 08:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
MDZ is pretty talented and highly regarded to be considered a "Little Engine."

I think he has a nice rebound year.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 08:43 PM
NYR Viper

I think he has a great year, in the AHL. I think both Erixon and Valentenko will be given the 5-6 spots. MDZ needs playing time. Valentenko can not be sent down without going through waivers, and he will be picked up by someone.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 08:57 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think he has a great year, in the AHL. I think both Erixon and Valentenko will be given the 5-6 spots. MDZ needs playing time. Valentenko can not be sent down without going through waivers, and he will be picked up by someone.
I definitely would not be disappointed in a V-Tank - Erixon third pairing (which would be rock solid on D and great compliment to our already dominant Staal - Giradi pairing, and budding McSauer combo) but I would hope it wouldn't shatter MDZ's confidence...it would be nice for him to play top minutes to hone his game...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:16 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
MDZ is pretty talented and highly regarded to be considered a "Little Engine."

I think he has a nice rebound year.
It wasn't ment as a slight. I was going with small guy on the ice who hustles comparison.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
No one is going to be given anything--especially not a spot on the NHL roster. That's not how Tortorella works. And, very honestly, I'm not sure Valentenko is subject to waivers, if he is sent down before the start of the season. But, even if he is and it turns out he's not in the Rangers plans, there's always the possibility that he could be traded--if he's played well during training camp/pre-season. And if he hasn't played well, then chances are another team won't bother to take him off of waivers. Either way, Valentenko will have to earn his spot.

As for Del Zotto: it's very likely he won't be ready to come back to the NHL yet--he played only a couple of games in the AHL before getting hurt and had surgery for the sports hernia no so long ago. He needs to play, so he can get his game back into NHL shape.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:48 PM
beastly115

MDZ will succeed for one reason alone - he wants it.

He has the talent and skill and the drive and determination.

Last season he worked with Gary Roberts. This season he's working with Barb Underhill.

The kid is dedicated. He has all the tools. It's just a matter of putting it all together, and with his display of commitment to offseason training and willingness to put forth the effort, I think he will.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
It wasn't ment as a slight. I was going with small guy on the ice who hustles comparison.
He's not a small guy though? Are you confusing nicknames and getting MDZ and MZA mixed up or something?

I also don't think Del Zotto's skating is as bad as some people made it out to be...it's just not standout good. It's not like he's slow and clumsy or anything, he just doesn't have that speed and smoothness that people drool over when they see it on a defenseman.

Doesn't mean he couldn't get better but I don't think it's a huge issue either.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 08:33 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
He's 6 feet, 195! He's hardly a small guy. Does he hustle? Sure, but I don't think it's something that jumps out at you.

"Little Engine" brings to mind an underdog. Can't really see Del Zotto fitting that bill.

Whatever, it's a silly discussion anyway. Let's just hope he rebounds.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote