HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

John Jaeckel: Blackhawks Chemistry

Old
07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 500
It'd be so fun to be an NHL star. I'd treat the media like s**t and see how long it would take them to turn me into the anti-christ locker room destroyer of all time.

Character is often retroactively assigned based on teams performing better than the so-called experts thought they would, with no other tangible criteria. If you win, you had "character". If not, you must have been missing "character". So never make "character" a major part of the basis of your opinion on a player or team.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Al Secord Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
It'd be so fun to be an NHL star. I'd treat the media like s**t and see how long it would take them to turn me into the anti-christ locker room destroyer of all time.

Character is often retroactively assigned based on teams performing better than the so-called experts thought they would, with no other tangible criteria. If you win, you had "character". If not, you must have been missing "character". So never make "character" a major part of the basis of your opinion on a player or team.
I think that this is an intentionally provocative view although I agree that culturally we are prone to attaching moral value in inappropriate places. I do believe that character does matter though as the will to do the right thing (at personal cost) is far more valuable than the ability to distinguish the right thing to do.

Al Secord Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
HawksTillDeath

there is a difference between going to the bar and buying everyone shots

and effin around in practice and trying to start ****

Kane maybe the former, but i dont think he's the latter

and thats the issue at hand (or was?)

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:09 PM
HawksTillDeath

And for anyone that wonders -- can one ****** fourth liner really break up and stir **** in a locker room

well...

anyone every had a buddy with a horrible/**** disturbing girlfriend -- and she what that does to a group of friends

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:13 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
And for anyone that wonders -- can one ****** fourth liner really break up and stir **** in a locker room

well...

anyone every had a buddy with a horrible/**** disturbing girlfriend -- and she what that does to a group of friends
I don't think it matters what your role on the team is if you just dick around and act like a ****** its going to cause problems. SEE: Vanderjagt when he was on the colts. He was just the kicker and caused problems with the team for a while.

In fact, in some cases, a lesser player dicking around could cause more problems since due to their lesser skill, they NEED to work more to show they belong on the team.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:16 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Pretty sure Vanderjadt got booted off the Colts because he's a worse choke artist than Luongo. Dude missed game winning FG's in three consecutive playoffs.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:19 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Pretty sure Vanderjadt got booted off the Colts because he's a worse choke artist than Luongo. Dude missed game winning FG's in three consecutive playoffs.
He caused several problems on the colts including talking **** about dungy and manning. The missed FG against the Steelers and subsequent helmet throw penalty was just the last straw.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
It cant be Turco for those bashing him he has never been an issue anywhere and even when he had the #1 job taken away with Stars was said to have been good toward Lehtonen and helpful to him

And Crawford has said Turco was good influence (Mike Smith has spoken well of him as well from his time as young goalie with him)

I dont see Turco being an issue given his reputation around league and in media as being a good guy

Skille , Boynton and Dowell are names that come to my head

Quote:
A change was soon made that improved things dramatically, though it didn't solve everything then.
To me this jumps out as the trading of Skille and placing of Boynton on waivers within a short span

Dowell was demoted in lineup for Ryan Johnson who was a FA signing mid season and then Dowell from not qualified by Hawks (Nor was there any talk at all of Hawks trying to sign him)

Just speculation but those 3 would seem to be good canidates + all 3 were not a regular on the Hawks cup team

Boynton had his issues in Florida , Skille seemed frustrated to be 4th liner on Hawks (Remember he was once a highly drafted/praised prospect).... Dowell I dont know just seemed odd the way Hawks didn't even attempt to retain him with our cap room + our lack of C depth

It will all come out eventually ,, These things always do

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 07-18-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post

So you would go the Jay Cutler route?

We have seen how the media enjoys ripping him for every little thing from his facial expressions to his GF to his hair to his concussion history

Old
07-18-2011, 11:28 PM
EbonyRaptor

JJ is a tabloid journalist. He mixes in a few facts with some speculation and a little inuendo, quotes anonymous sources and attempts to slide a little personnal bias into the stew. He's demonstrated he has a hardon for Kane in the past and this is his typical style to float a little nasty out there without being specific.

The fact he writes for Eklund should tell you all you need to know.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:34 PM
LandofLincoln

Kopecky wanted a bigger role with Hossa. Kopecky leaked out stuff that he was tired of Q's experiments on a d-bag like Stalberg. He tried to be the guy that was the experiment on the top line and when Stalberg was chosen...He start questioning Q's strategy and leadership..and he got a few under achievers to side with him.

Then he started blaming Seabrooks and Keiths bad first half on coaching

In the end Hossa parted ways with him... And it had to do with Kopecky wanting a bigger role. Kopecky was tired of being a itch to Hossa and not being rewarded.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Kopecky wanted a bigger role with Hossa. Kopecky leaked out stuff that he was tired of Q's experiments on a d-bag like Stalberg. He tried to be the guy that was the experiment on the top line and when Stalberg was chosen...He start questioning Q's strategy and leadership..and he got a few under achievers to side with him.

Then he started blaming Seabrooks and Keiths bad first half on coaching

Well played

Old
07-18-2011, 11:43 PM
LandofLincoln

thanks I made it all up...

Kopecky and Hossa couldn't hold hands forever....

And he needed a bigger role and more cash. But I believe guys need to grow and Kopecky could not grow here. No opportunities to be a 2nd line guy.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I think it was Skille and/or Boynton

1 lockerroom cancer is enough to bring all others down. Now I wonder if Bowman was the guy that said Dale, you want Skille back? I always thought it was Tallon that called Bowman and said he wants Skille

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:51 AM
DirkGraham

He didn't mention Kane's name once in that article; good or bad. I think that's the first article I've ever read about the present day Hawks where his name wasn't even mentioned once.

Take it as you will, but my feelings are that he is refering to Kane based on this small fact. Just an observation and my opinion. He won't mention him in the bad stuff (obviously) so I feel there's no way he'd mention his name in the good stuff either.

Am I reading too much into this?????

DirkGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Sarava

I think you guys are giving too much attention to this article. JJ is full of himself and these types of threads are exactly why he wrote that trash - to generate some attention for himself.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

I don't see Dowell being a problem. If you're aware of his medical condition or possible soon to be, you'd know he's a straight up honest dude who probably cherishes every breath. Guy was'nt re-upped or offered anything cuz he's not that great of a player.

I'm sure Kopecky grumbled a few times, but not enough to cause that much of a stir. Regardless of this article, I'm sure Skille was shipped mainly cuz he's also not that good, he's a bad Tallon pick and I'm sure he expected more ice time in top 6 or even a steady gig in the top 9. Too bad when he got a few chances he could'nt do anything. He was supposed to be a guy who finally got his chance this year and he blew it, the attitude issues probably took off when the work ethic stopped and he realized he was never going to be more than a 4th line guy in Chicago. Quite simply he most likely gave up.

He was fast, built pretty decent and if he played his role like he should have he could have been a pretty decent 4th liner. I guess when you're drafted 7th overall to a team that at the time had absolutely nothing going for it, you think that the organization owes you more......other way around Jack.

Last edited by Bring Back GLR: 07-19-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

because of all the trouble Kane makes I deceided to order a #88 jersey

now I have to wait 6-30 weeks for it

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:48 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
It was Pisani. He was going out a lot with Kane in the first half of the season. He stopped dressing for a month straight from Feb. 11 to Mar. 9 and that was the end of it.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
It was Pisani. He was going out a lot with Kane in the first half of the season. He stopped dressing for a month straight from Feb. 11 to Mar. 9 and that was the end of it.
And you know this for a fact? Not saying it couldn't have been him, but he does have UC that could sideline him for longer periods.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Blackhawk Pride

I have no respect for any "journalist" or blogger for that fact that invokes "anonymous" sources. It's just an excuse to filter in the persons own biases and prejudices into the article.

Blackhawk Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 08:15 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
And you know this for a fact? Not saying it couldn't have been him, but he does have UC that could sideline him for longer periods.
I know he was going out with Kane a lot during the first half from people who saw them together at the bars. That's all I know. From there, it's just connecting the dots between Kane's sub-par start and Pisani going out of the lineup for a month later on. And I know he was just a 4th liner, but nobody really talked about Pisani at all during the second half. Turco never played but you always heard from him and the work he was putting in. Pisani was a ghost.

Old
07-19-2011, 08:18 AM
KyleJRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk Pride View Post
I have no respect for any "journalist" or blogger for that fact that invokes "anonymous" sources. It's just an excuse to filter in the persons own biases and prejudices into the article.
The old rule was that anonymous sources would be used for two reasons: 1) When the source's identity would put someone's life in danger. 2) When the issue was of extreme public importance and could not be gotten any other way.

Lazy writers have undermined the public's faith in them and they frequently don't even understand why.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 08:22 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
The old rule was that anonymous sources would be used for two reasons: 1) When the source's identity would put someone's life in danger. 2) When the issue was of extreme public importance and could not be gotten any other way.

Lazy writers have undermined the public's faith in them and they frequently don't even understand why.
I don't blame him at all. If someone had a source in the Blackhawks organization or knew someone who did, they would never want people to know who that was because they want to keep that source. People are smart enough to read between the lines anyway.

Old
07-19-2011, 08:40 AM
KyleJRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I don't blame him at all. If someone had a source in the Blackhawks organization or knew someone who did, they would never want people to know who that was because they want to keep that source. People are smart enough to read between the lines anyway.
It's taking the easy way out. If you are a good journalist, you should be able to get sources to go on the record. Getting them to go on the record is just part of your job.

But, of course, you get stuck in the 'everybody else is doing it' trap. Back when journalists took ethics seriously, nobody would expect to be anonymous for everyday situations. But if I tell some Blackhawks exec that I have to have his name, he's not going to understand because every other outlet in town lets him be anonymous.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote