He basically says Nashville is a better atmosphere than MTL, That the habs devloped him poorly and that they are doing the same to his brother
Heres a poor translation from Google. If someone can do a better job please! post it!
Sergei Kostitsyn: "Come see what's what, what the coaches," Montreal "wish from my brother"
Forward, "Nashville" Sergei Kostitsyn told about a new contract with the "predators" and expressed surprise decision by the coaching staff, "Montreal" to put his brother Andrew Kostitsyna 3-4 link.
- It is believed that almost flared up scandal untimely qualifying offer to play a role in the amount of your contract?
- Hardly. Do not know if this is true, but the manager of the club then claimed that "Nashville" in any case would have concluded a contract with me on such terms. And my agent was negotiating about it one day. And the fact that "predators" pulled, so this is understandable: they have installed on thrift, the price of trying to bring down to the last.
- A one-year term of the agreement here, I confess, surprised me. And you upset?
- Not really, although the two-year agreement would, of course, preferable. Although everything is clear: all the waiting, as I myself is manifested in the new season, there will continue to progress. But this is a plus, if all goes well, the one-year contract for something even more profitable.
- At one time in "Montreal" you can not hide his disappointment with some aspects. Yes, and brother Andrew is now no secret.
- What is correct: What joy, then, if I wanted out of that really does not make the fourth link checker, and some of my checker?
And then the coaches, "Canadiens" want from my brother - go and see what's what, too: in the third link to shove, in the fourth. And he with a shortage of playing time in these shifts gives statistics as good as or even better than the players first fives.
In "Nashville" as I have all the fun. And the atmosphere in the team much better than Montreal. The people there kuchkovalsya in groups, but here it and does not smell - all friendly with everyone - quotes Kostitsyna "Pressball".
Sergei was very talented, it's a shame that all the incidents had to happen, but look at White last pre-season, didn't he have like, 5 goals in the pre-season? The Habs still sent him down for a bit more development, then he played a big role with us in the 2nd half of the season, Sergei scores 1, they send him to the Dogs, and he bolts off to Russia. The kid's a brat, a talented brat, good riddance.
He should at least shut his mouth until he develops into a game-changer, he put up some decent numbers but had zero goals in 12 playoff games and didn't look that impressive to me, it almost feels like he thinks being released from the Habs turned him into a superstar. He's still young enough to get even better, but at this point, he's a 3rd tier top sixer.
He's a talented player, and on his way to a successful NHL career. I just wish the Habs could have either tapped into that with him still here, or at least been able to get something in return to show for it. He did show enough skill to have deserved more ice and opportunity as a Hab. But the thing I guess he never understood is that lots of young players on lots of teams could say the same. They have to bide their time until an opening appears. And bide their time quietly. Once you open your mouth, you're branded. Fortunately, he only had to bide for half a season or so in Nashville.
Too bad it ended up the way it did. He really could have helped us. I'd love to have him on the team right now.