HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salary Arbitration (Callahan on July 28, Dubinsky signs before hearing)

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Please get something done!
awwww crap is the hearing tommorow?

hoped it would not come to this cause they have to freaking bash him in Arbitration.

I believe a deal can be reached today though.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why is that? Because he is trying to get as much money for himself as the system allows? The reality is what for us is a sport/passion/enjoyment is a business, and as such the players need to fight for their rights, just as you would at an annual review at your job.
The other element of it is, if they can't come to an agreement on a new contract at this juncture of his career, what is the likelihood that they'll be able to agree to a contract 1 year from now after his point production is boosted from playing with/alongside Richards? I will not be happy if this arbitration hearing happens... The two sides can't be that far apart.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
awwww crap is the hearing tommorow?

hoped it would not come to this cause they have to freaking bash him in Arbitration.

I believe a deal can be reached today though.
Thursday.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yeah, ok. You were bashed because you overreacted. You didn't say that arbitration would be the end of Dubinsky. You criticized Dubinsky for electing arbitration. Him electing arbitration was a good thing, whether you understand that or not. I get that you're still pissed at him over the holdout, but at some point you need to get over it.
Yup and in 2 years when hes an UFA im sure you will be happy. Thank god he went to arbitration so the Rangers can bash him and he can get that nice 4M salary, thank god we didnt just give him 400K more a year to sign a long term team with us.

Arbitration is great!

Old
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
free0717

Have patience. It will get done prior to the hearing.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
The other element of it is, if they can't come to an agreement on a new contract at this juncture of his career, what is the likelihood that they'll be able to agree to a contract 1 year from now after his point production is boosted from playing with/alongside Richards? I will not be happy if this arbitration hearing happens... The two sides can't be that far apart.
Quote:
Dubinsky, whose hearing is scheduled for next Thursday, is two years away from unrestricted free agency under terms of the current collective bargaining agreement. The Rangers would be expected to elect a two-year arbitration award should the parties be unable to agree on a long-term contract prior to the hearing.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1SZ8exaG3

It was reported earlier that Dubinsky was looking for 4.5 mil per year. That's not much over what we are all expecting, so I have to imagine they are close on the dollars and it's probably the years that are in question. Or maybe it's stuff like NTCs and signing bonuses.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:37 AM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Officially concerned about losing Dubi. We still have two days to get a deal done, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:39 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Yup and in 2 years when hes an UFA im sure you will be happy. Thank god he went to arbitration so the Rangers can bash him and he can get that nice 4M salary, thank god we didnt just give him 400K more a year to sign a long term team with us.

Arbitration is great!
Callahan elected arbitration 2 years ago. He elected arbitration again this year. Boyle and Sauer both elected arbitration. Where are all your posts bashing them?

Old
07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Officially concerned about losing Dubi. We still have two days to get a deal done, hopefully sooner rather than later.
If it goes indeed to arbitration, I'd think the Rangers elected for a one-year deal only, despite what Brooks is saying. So he will still be an RFA next year. We won't lose him.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:46 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Really hope this gets done today or tomorrow.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Love how the reaction to a contentious negotiation between the team and the player is that the team should just cave and give the player what he wants. We're JUST exiting cap hell and people are taking this attitude because they're afraid their favorite player will get his feelings hurt in an arbitration hearing.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Levitate

People just hate Dubinsky because he held out through a couple days of training camp (in which nothing but skating took place and Dubinsky still did the skating after he signed iirc)

Still don't get why some people have what seems to be an underlying dislike of Dubinsky when all he's done is get better and be a true homegrown Ranger

Old
07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
CM PUNK

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Unless theres dramatic shift, Dubinsky headed to arb on Thur, sides not close enough yet on longterm. Talks continue with Callahan, arb 7/28
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
07-19-2011, 11:09 AM
mullichicken25

i think people make WAY too big a deal out of the "hurt feelings" that stem from arbitration hearings

to my recollection, avery and zherdev were the only ones who really got butt hurt about it, and guess what? looks like sather was right in the end

Old
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
RT @NYP_Brooksie Unless theres dramatic shift, Dubinsky headed to arb, sides not close enough yet on longterm.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Unless theres dramatic shift, Dubinsky headed to arb on Thur, sides not close enough yet on longterm. Talks continue with Callahan, arb 7/28
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Yeah... I expected this. It would be pretty cool if we had an idea of where the two sides are in terms of money and years (and other details).

I am expecting Cally's to get done, not only because he will be the captain, but because he only has 1 year left.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

**** **** **** Duby cmon, just sign long term, don't do this to us

Old
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Yeah... I expected this. It would be pretty cool if we had an idea of where the two sides are in terms of money and years (and other details).

I am expecting Cally's to get done, not only because he will be the captain, but because he only has 1 year left.
I expect Cally's to get done, because he isn't Dubinsky.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:21 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
If it goes indeed to arbitration, I'd think the Rangers elected for a one-year deal only, despite what Brooks is saying. So he will still be an RFA next year. We won't lose him.
I agree. Why the hell would the Rangers do that? It makes way more sense to do a one year deal and take another shot at a long term deal next summer.

RANGERS =
Old
07-19-2011, 11:30 AM
NYR Viper

I am of the opinion that Dubinsky is not untouchable like Staal and Callahan. I just get that feeling....

Old
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am of the opinion that Dubinsky is not untouchable like Staal and Callahan. I just get that feeling....
He is completely touchable and if he were to get traded, fans would be calling for Sather's head, because they are too idiotic to see that Duby just asks for it.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:33 AM
TreeSapLlama

I would imagine the Rangers offered something similar to Staal's contract. If they are balking over less then 500k, it will get done in a timely fashion.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I agree. Why the hell would the Rangers do that? It makes way more sense to do a one year deal and take another shot at a long term deal next summer.
I may be wrong, but I believe a player automatically becomes a UFA after his arbitration-awarded contract expires.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
He is completely touchable and if he were to get traded, fans would be calling for Sather's head, because they are too idiotic to see that Duby just asks for it.
For me its not that, its the way that they handle him and the way he plays. I just don't see him as being untouchable.

It would not surprise me at all to see him dealt at some point. He is a good player, no doubt, but untouchable?

Old
07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe a player automatically becomes a UFA after his arbitration-awarded contract expires.
You are wrong. It is just treated as a one/two year contract. You don't get magical UFA status. Otherwise, every player ever would file for arb.

Closed Thread