HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salary Arbitration (Callahan on July 28, Dubinsky signs before hearing)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
  #301
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Please get something done!
awwww crap is the hearing tommorow?

hoped it would not come to this cause they have to freaking bash him in Arbitration.

I believe a deal can be reached today though.

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  #302
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why is that? Because he is trying to get as much money for himself as the system allows? The reality is what for us is a sport/passion/enjoyment is a business, and as such the players need to fight for their rights, just as you would at an annual review at your job.
The other element of it is, if they can't come to an agreement on a new contract at this juncture of his career, what is the likelihood that they'll be able to agree to a contract 1 year from now after his point production is boosted from playing with/alongside Richards? I will not be happy if this arbitration hearing happens... The two sides can't be that far apart.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  #303
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
awwww crap is the hearing tommorow?

hoped it would not come to this cause they have to freaking bash him in Arbitration.

I believe a deal can be reached today though.
Thursday.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:31 AM
  #304
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yeah, ok. You were bashed because you overreacted. You didn't say that arbitration would be the end of Dubinsky. You criticized Dubinsky for electing arbitration. Him electing arbitration was a good thing, whether you understand that or not. I get that you're still pissed at him over the holdout, but at some point you need to get over it.
Yup and in 2 years when hes an UFA im sure you will be happy. Thank god he went to arbitration so the Rangers can bash him and he can get that nice 4M salary, thank god we didnt just give him 400K more a year to sign a long term team with us.

Arbitration is great!

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
  #305
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Have patience. It will get done prior to the hearing.

free0717 is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
  #306
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
The other element of it is, if they can't come to an agreement on a new contract at this juncture of his career, what is the likelihood that they'll be able to agree to a contract 1 year from now after his point production is boosted from playing with/alongside Richards? I will not be happy if this arbitration hearing happens... The two sides can't be that far apart.
Quote:
Dubinsky, whose hearing is scheduled for next Thursday, is two years away from unrestricted free agency under terms of the current collective bargaining agreement. The Rangers would be expected to elect a two-year arbitration award should the parties be unable to agree on a long-term contract prior to the hearing.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1SZ8exaG3

It was reported earlier that Dubinsky was looking for 4.5 mil per year. That's not much over what we are all expecting, so I have to imagine they are close on the dollars and it's probably the years that are in question. Or maybe it's stuff like NTCs and signing bonuses.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:37 AM
  #307
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,515
vCash: 50
Officially concerned about losing Dubi. We still have two days to get a deal done, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:39 AM
  #308
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Yup and in 2 years when hes an UFA im sure you will be happy. Thank god he went to arbitration so the Rangers can bash him and he can get that nice 4M salary, thank god we didnt just give him 400K more a year to sign a long term team with us.

Arbitration is great!
Callahan elected arbitration 2 years ago. He elected arbitration again this year. Boyle and Sauer both elected arbitration. Where are all your posts bashing them?

GAGLine is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
  #309
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Officially concerned about losing Dubi. We still have two days to get a deal done, hopefully sooner rather than later.
If it goes indeed to arbitration, I'd think the Rangers elected for a one-year deal only, despite what Brooks is saying. So he will still be an RFA next year. We won't lose him.

jniklast is online now  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:46 AM
  #310
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Really hope this gets done today or tomorrow.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
  #311
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 500
Love how the reaction to a contentious negotiation between the team and the player is that the team should just cave and give the player what he wants. We're JUST exiting cap hell and people are taking this attitude because they're afraid their favorite player will get his feelings hurt in an arbitration hearing.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:05 AM
  #312
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,549
vCash: 500
People just hate Dubinsky because he held out through a couple days of training camp (in which nothing but skating took place and Dubinsky still did the skating after he signed iirc)

Still don't get why some people have what seems to be an underlying dislike of Dubinsky when all he's done is get better and be a true homegrown Ranger

Levitate is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
  #313
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Unless theres dramatic shift, Dubinsky headed to arb on Thur, sides not close enough yet on longterm. Talks continue with Callahan, arb 7/28
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:09 AM
  #314
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
i think people make WAY too big a deal out of the "hurt feelings" that stem from arbitration hearings

to my recollection, avery and zherdev were the only ones who really got butt hurt about it, and guess what? looks like sather was right in the end

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
  #315
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,302
vCash: 300
RT @NYP_Brooksie Unless theres dramatic shift, Dubinsky headed to arb, sides not close enough yet on longterm.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
  #316
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Unless theres dramatic shift, Dubinsky headed to arb on Thur, sides not close enough yet on longterm. Talks continue with Callahan, arb 7/28
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Yeah... I expected this. It would be pretty cool if we had an idea of where the two sides are in terms of money and years (and other details).

I am expecting Cally's to get done, not only because he will be the captain, but because he only has 1 year left.

xxxZENxxx is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
  #317
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
**** **** **** Duby cmon, just sign long term, don't do this to us

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
  #318
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Yeah... I expected this. It would be pretty cool if we had an idea of where the two sides are in terms of money and years (and other details).

I am expecting Cally's to get done, not only because he will be the captain, but because he only has 1 year left.
I expect Cally's to get done, because he isn't Dubinsky.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:21 AM
  #319
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
If it goes indeed to arbitration, I'd think the Rangers elected for a one-year deal only, despite what Brooks is saying. So he will still be an RFA next year. We won't lose him.
I agree. Why the hell would the Rangers do that? It makes way more sense to do a one year deal and take another shot at a long term deal next summer.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:30 AM
  #320
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
I am of the opinion that Dubinsky is not untouchable like Staal and Callahan. I just get that feeling....

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM
  #321
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am of the opinion that Dubinsky is not untouchable like Staal and Callahan. I just get that feeling....
He is completely touchable and if he were to get traded, fans would be calling for Sather's head, because they are too idiotic to see that Duby just asks for it.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:33 AM
  #322
TreeSapLlama
Registered User
 
TreeSapLlama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
I would imagine the Rangers offered something similar to Staal's contract. If they are balking over less then 500k, it will get done in a timely fashion.

TreeSapLlama is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:35 AM
  #323
Shadowrunner
Registered User
 
Shadowrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I agree. Why the hell would the Rangers do that? It makes way more sense to do a one year deal and take another shot at a long term deal next summer.
I may be wrong, but I believe a player automatically becomes a UFA after his arbitration-awarded contract expires.

Shadowrunner is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
  #324
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
He is completely touchable and if he were to get traded, fans would be calling for Sather's head, because they are too idiotic to see that Duby just asks for it.
For me its not that, its the way that they handle him and the way he plays. I just don't see him as being untouchable.

It would not surprise me at all to see him dealt at some point. He is a good player, no doubt, but untouchable?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
  #325
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe a player automatically becomes a UFA after his arbitration-awarded contract expires.
You are wrong. It is just treated as a one/two year contract. You don't get magical UFA status. Otherwise, every player ever would file for arb.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.