HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn on the Habs - Russian

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2011, 09:53 AM
number 11

vCash: 500
didnt work hard and pay his dues like other young players on the team. eller, white and deharnais didn't complain at all last season, they busted their ***** and earned spots on the team.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Montreal Typical

Sergei Kostitsyn being a little *****.

In other news, the sun came up this morning.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Kriss E

Don't really get the hate for Sergei. Ya, he acted like a brat, but there was mistreatment from management towards him, and it's true that they didn't develop him well, at all. He's got every right to be pissed off.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Habs

did Forrest Gump translate that?

Old
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
guest1467

Could care less Sergei. The fact that he is still running his mouth, is just another prime example of the type of personality he has.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

When will SK start a Emo-country band?

Old
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't really get the hate for Sergei. Ya, he acted like a brat, but there was mistreatment from management towards him, and it's true that they didn't develop him well, at all. He's got every right to be pissed off.
False.

He was given every oppurtunity. He had PP time, top 6 minutes and did not produce. The 08-09 season was a disaster for him and instead of working his but off in the 2009 training camp, he played like crap.

The team sent him down and instead of working hard in the AHL, he threatened to bolt to Russia if he did not stay up. He finally decided to stay in the AHL because he if he bolted he would have been ineligible to play in the 2010 Olympics.

To make matters worse, when he finally came back up with the team in 2010, his play was uninspired and lacked work.

Last edited by HH: 07-19-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yeah, because you were there to witness everything...

It's always the teacher's fault, never the student... no wonder the educational system has gone down the drain, it's the prevailing mentality everywhere.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:37 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
False.

He was given every oppurtunity. He had PP time, top 6 minutes and did not produce. The 08-09 season was a disaster for him and instead of working his but off in the 2009 training camp, he played like crap.

The team sent him down and instead of working hard in the AHL, he threatened to bolt to Russia if he did not stay up. He finally decided to stay in the AHL because he if he bolted he would have been ineligible to play in the 2010 Olympics (which he did not because of an injury).

To make matters worse, when he finally came back up with the team in 2010, his play was uninspired and lacked work.
You are thinking of Andrei, Sergei played in the Olympics.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
GoodKiwi

To clarify the last paragraph below is a better translation to avoid "smelly" references.

"In Nashville everything's great. The atmosphere is considerably better than the one in Montreal. Over there players were split into groups, and here it isn't like that at all - everyone is friends with everyone."

Old
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
MistaWa16

He's the type of player that,yes, has a lot of talent, but just worries about his stats and himself, not the team. No wonder he only got offered a 1 yr deal, the preds are not sold on him yet.

He'll probably get traded a few more times in his career eventhough he puts up decent numbers cuz he doesnt't see the big picture.

the kid just doesn't get it!

Old
07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You are thinking of Andrei, Sergei played in the Olympics.
True, for some reason I thought both were injured.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:50 AM
guest1467

Quote:
True, for some reason I thought both were injured.
I think they were both injured leading up to it, but Sergei was able to play.

I remember this because I had tickets to the Belarus-Sweden game, and was pissed off that both of them might not play.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:51 AM
KingKovy

The only part that I hate about this is I am sure it is true that Andrei feels like he is not being given his fair ice time with the team and he is absolutely right.. JM has always been more patient with the NA boys than the Russians and it really sucks because we end up with a boring non talented team.

Why AK goes to the 3rd and 4th line instantly when he does 1 tiny mistake is beyond me.. Whenever Cammy, Gomez or Gio are horrible for stretches of 10 games or more they are never sent to the 3rd or 4th line.. I hate the fact that the team we love has become the New Jersey Devils.. If we at least won something it would be alright but since we keep on sucking might as well see some talented players on our team.. Nothing I hate more than Gionta shooting from the red line!!

Old
07-19-2011, 10:54 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKovy View Post
The only part that I hate about this is I am sure it is true that Andrei feels like he is not being given his fair ice time with the team and he is absolutely right.. JM has always been more patient with the NA boys than the Russians and it really sucks because we end up with a boring non talented team.

Why AK goes to the 3rd and 4th line instantly when he does 1 tiny mistake is beyond me.. Whenever Cammy, Gomez or Gio are horrible for stretches of 10 games or more they are never sent to the 3rd or 4th line.. I hate the fact that the team we love has become the New Jersey Devils.. If we at least won something it would be alright but since we keep on sucking might as well see some talented players on our team.. Nothing I hate more than Gionta shooting from the red line!!
Probably because you're talking about guys who make $5-7m dollars compared to Andrei's $3m. GMs don't acquire those guys to watch their coaches play them on the bottom-six lines. Has absolutely nothing to do with nationality.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

He just wants to be in a city where his lack of dedication can be overlooked!

inb4 50 points last year.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:04 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

If Sergei paid his dues he would have been in a top 6 role by now but he didn't, he *****ed and thought he was better than everyone else. I always side with management in these cases, once you start making exceptions for players who threaten to bolt to another league you set a dangerous precedent. You can bend those rules if the player warrants it but Sergei never warranted it. The Habs have become a team-first mentality team, either you conform or you're out.

Don't miss him, wouldn't trade anyone in our top 9 for him today including Gomez.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Another player who feels the team let him down, and that he didn't let the team down. He was such a success in Nashville that I see he got rewarded with a one year deal like his brother.

Attitude is obviously still an issue with this prima donna.
He got a one-year deal because he led his team in scoring and hit 50 points the first time in his career. Nashville doesn't want to pay him like that and see him underachieve from that point on.

But as much as SK is hated around here, he has a fair point. He never got a chance to compete for a spot in camp once JM got here.

Late in 09-10, he was one of our more productive players, yet his ice-time remained that of a third-line player, stuck with third line players. No PP ice-time (IIRC).

In the playoffs, he was very effective, yet got benched or barely saw the ice after a penalty or a miscue on D.

I'm not big on headcases, but he brought it on the ice and never got anything back. That's just terrible. You want to talk about Fatty and Pouliot not getting free ice-time despite not playing good on lower lines? Here's a guy that played very well in all 3 zones on lower lines, yet didn't get a shot.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Andrei-Mikhail-Sergei

Habs literally drafted a legit 2nd line out of Belarus. Too bad things didn't out this way.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Stradale

Quote:
False.

The team sent him down and instead of working hard in the AHL, he threatened to bolt to Russia if he did not stay up. He finally decided to stay in the AHL because he if he bolted he would have been ineligible to play in the 2010 Olympics.

What?? Every time he got top 6 minutes, he did produced. He did produced when he played with Koivu, he did produced when he played with Plekanec, he did produced when he played with Lang.

And at camp, he was coming back from an injury, he had one bad first game.. but played much better in the next couple of games. I remember that like it was yesterday. Lappy played like crap, Latendresse played like crap, Chipchura played like crap and a bunch of other players didn't do **** aswell but for some reason, Sergei was sent to Hamilton before all of these guys despite playing better.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:30 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What?? Every time he got top 6 minutes, he did produced. He did produced when he played with Koivu, he did produced when he played with Plekanec, he did produced when he played with Lang.

And at camp, he was coming back from an injury, he had one bad first game.. but played much better in the next couple of games. I remember that like it was yesterday. Lappy played like crap, Latendresse played like crap, Chipchura played like crap and a bunch of other players didn't do **** aswell but for some reason, Sergei was sent to Hamilton before all of these guys despite playing better.
Go back to 08-09. He did not produce and he played mostly top 6. He played point on the PP as well.

Also, as you can see all the players you stated that ''played like crap'', have all been traded since.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:31 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
In the playoffs, he was very effective, yet got benched or barely saw the ice after a penalty or a miscue on D.
Myth. He was effective in his rookie season against Boston, but the next year(s) he was a joke.

I still remember him showboating in the neutral zone after his brother got a hat-trick that directly lead to a goal against, allowing Washington to get back into the game which they eventually won.

But regardless, I really don't see the point of going through this again. We have discussed these same things ad nauseam, and they never go anywhere.

Talented player, with **** for brains.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:33 AM
KingKovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
He got a one-year deal because he led his team in scoring and hit 50 points the first time in his career. Nashville doesn't want to pay him like that and see him underachieve from that point on.

But as much as SK is hated around here, he has a fair point. He never got a chance to compete for a spot in camp once JM got here.

Late in 09-10, he was one of our more productive players, yet his ice-time remained that of a third-line player, stuck with third line players. No PP ice-time (IIRC).

I'm not big on headcases, but he brought it on the ice and never got anything back. That's just terrible. You want to talk about Fatty and Pouliot not getting free ice-time despite not playing good on lower lines? Here's a guy that played very well in all 3 zones on lower lines, yet didn't get a shot.
Well said!

Part of being a good coach includes having to get the best out of guys like that.. I think that is why Boucher is so good.. He communicates well with each player according to their personalities..

Old
07-19-2011, 11:35 AM
KingKovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

You forget the fact that they are all Quebecois or NA If we would of had the same opportunities as Pouliot...

Old
07-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Myth. He was effective in his rookie season against Boston, but the next year(s) he was a joke.

I still remember him showboating in the neutral zone after his brother got a hat-trick that directly lead to a goal against, allowing Washington to get back into the game which they eventually won.

But regardless, I really don't see the point of going through this again. We have discussed these same things ad nauseam, and they never go anywhere.

Talented player, with **** for brains.
I was talking about his last year.

And we lost a 6-5 game because of one player on one play? Really? I can see the coach being down on him for that game and having a talk afterwards, but I guess benching him and making sure you never see him again on your bench is a very reasonable response.

How many players on our team outscored him this year again? One? Nah, couldn't be useful at all.

But hey, we didn't sign Pouliot. Now that's a travesty and terrible asset management.

Closed Thread