HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
07-18-2011, 02:48 PM
RidinwitdaKING

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
The main goal of the the sales reps which is different from your personal different rep is to try to convince you to buy higher priced seats at first then downgrade. They are salesman just like the car salesman whose job is to get you to buy the extras.
Thanks... I would love to hear other STH experiences.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 05:27 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
IMO corporate types prefer the weekday games because they can take their clients to a game after the workday before they hop on a train home
I prefer weeknight games because I can park on the street near MSG after 6pm. On weekends, the parking restrictions are lifted and it is very difficult to find a spot. Plus, having all the little kids at the game just kills the atmosphere.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 05:29 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Heh yeah its sad but let me just add, its so much easier to sell aisle tickets than it is middle of the row tickets. I split my tickets with my friend's law firm and clients like sitting on the aisle, regardless of the end of the ice its on.

Most of my tickets throughout the year are sold in one form or another since I go to around 20 or so games on broker tickets as a client. 8 rows from the ice with aisle seats sell a bit better (even on the defending end) go a bit better than 11 rows back with middle of the row seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
You bailed on our old section 115 eh?

I hear ya on the seats being easier to sell on the aisle. That is what I always shot for, but this year with the move they stuck me in the middle... but in the first row of 112. I could have moved back two rows and gotten the aisle, but thought it was worth it to stick with row one for now.

I REALLY wished they had not started section 112 with row 6. Why couldnt they renumber the rows for each new section? I think that is really going to hurt my resales.... people are going to see row 6 and not realize that is the first row of the section. Sucks.
Funny you say that, because I hate sitting on the aisle. Everytime I have feels like I am constantly having to stand-up to let someone in or out. Annoying. My old Giants tix were seats 3 and 4, and I must have had to get up at least 10 times per game. Now, in the middle of the row, and doesn't happen as often.

Old
07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
nyrmetros

Any word if they are keeping the mini plans this season?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 05:36 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
As someone that has been there before we all know that the money is made in the corporate lower seats but if you want to get your foot in the door you have to buy a season or 2 down low. Until 3 years ago if you wanted season tickets you always spent your first season in the 200,s then relocated up. That went on for about 10 years.In the 90,s it was the exact opposite as the lower seats were almost impossible to get and the 400,s were in much lower demand. You could get 400,s for $15 per ticket and 200,s for $37 per ticket . That was not too long ago. What it all comes down to is if there is high demand for the upper bowl and no inventory there will be some who will buy lower bowl seats with the hope of upgrading. I heard they might actually go back to a waiting list that was done away in 2008 where if you get called you have to take what is available minus club seats or lose your spot on the list. 5 years ago you actually had to leave a deposit to be placed on the waiting list.
I got my seasons in 98. Had the option of 200, 300, and 400. Since I was 22 years old and working as a cold caller at a chop shop making $300/week, I went with the 400's.

Old
07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I prefer weeknight games because I can park on the street near MSG after 6pm. On weekends, the parking restrictions are lifted and it is very difficult to find a spot. Plus, having all the little kids at the game just kills the atmosphere.
I prefer weeknight games because I can walk to the Garden from work. I go downtown 5 days a week...I hate going again on the weekend. That and little kids. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I am sure they will not be made available until they exhaust whatever list they have for full-season plans first.

Old
07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
I am sure they will not be made available until they exhaust whatever list they have for full-season plans first.
I was thinking the same thing but I have not heard back from my rep on this matter.

Old
07-19-2011, 02:52 PM
patnyrnyg

I know it is a crazy idea, but why not try calling your rep or at the very least call the season ticket office? 212-465-6073. I would think they would be able to give you a more definitive answer than my opinion.

Old
07-19-2011, 03:35 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
I know it is a crazy idea, but why not try calling your rep or at the very least call the season ticket office? 212-465-6073. I would think they would be able to give you a more definitive answer than my opinion.
I called and they said they would get back to me in a month.

Old
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
patnyrnyg

OK, so here is what you do.

If the month is up, you can call back. OR, you can think that maybe they are not ready to deal with mini-plans yet. Is it THAT hard of a concept?

Old
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
OK, so here is what you do.

If the month is up, you can call back. OR, you can think that maybe they are not ready to deal with mini-plans yet. Is it THAT hard of a concept?
No need to get angry. Was just asking of any other mini plan holders had heard anything back from msg. that is all.

Old
07-19-2011, 05:58 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
No need to get angry. Was just asking of any other mini plan holders had heard anything back from msg. that is all.
It's pretty hot out today. lol

Old
07-19-2011, 07:05 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
i would honestly be calling non stop in an effort to get some information regardless of what they've told you

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

General question: I see that individual game tickets aren't for sale on ticketmaster, but there are tickets for sale on Stubhub. Would the tickets on sale on Stubhub be the ones from season ticket holders?

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:13 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
General question: I see that individual game tickets aren't for sale on ticketmaster, but there are tickets for sale on Stubhub. Would the tickets on sale on Stubhub be the ones from season ticket holders?
Yes.

Old
07-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yes.
Ahhh okay, thanks.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:32 AM
giacomin1

Quote:
I was told by my rep yesterday that partial season plans would be available starting at the end of August.

giacomin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacomin1 View Post
I was told by my rep yesterday that partial season plans would be available starting at the end of August.
Thank you. Tis all I wanted to hear.

Old
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
westy51

Early Renewal - Foxwoods Free Hotel

Hi.....Did anyone get the free hotel promotion from Foxwoods for early renewal of Season Tickets?

I have not seen it yet and the last time I checked with her a couple of months ago she said they would be going out soon. Will try to contact her tomorrow and also ask about Winter Classic Tickets. Will post any information I get.

westy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by westy51 View Post
Hi.....Did anyone get the free hotel promotion from Foxwoods for early renewal of Season Tickets?

I have not seen it yet and the last time I checked with her a couple of months ago she said they would be going out soon. Will try to contact her tomorrow and also ask about Winter Classic Tickets. Will post any information I get.
They told me those are coming in later. I remember last year you were supposed to get a signed picture of RIchter or Leech if you payed early with American Express, and that came about midway through the season

Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
sbjnyc

I love my Richter picture.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by westy51 View Post

You'll get it with your season tickets when they ship

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
I love my Richter picture.
Wasn't it a framed mini jersey?

Old
08-04-2011, 11:31 AM
sbjnyc

I received an autographed picture of Richter saving Pavel Bure's breakaway attempt in the '94 cup finals. I'd rather have a picture of Matteau's double OT goal instead of the free night at Foxwoods if I had a choice.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote