HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Wings Fans, New and Old: [Re]Introduce Yourselves

Old
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Fowler524

vCash: 500
Name: Greg
Where ya from: Grew up downriver in Taylortucky, I currently reside in Royal Oak.
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Kronwall
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Yzerman, The Russian Five, Lidstrom, Osgood, Probert, Hasek
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Gretzky, M. Lemieux, Modano, P. Bure, Selanne, Ovy, Richter, Brodeur
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): C. Lemieux, Roy, S. Stevens, Belfour, Roenick, D. Hunter
Favorite food: Spaghetti
Favorite beer: Guiness
Other teams/sports you watch: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer

Fowler524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: IRL name is Johannes, my nickname comes from years ago when I was stuck trying to come up with a internet username, and decided to knick one from the heavy metal opera "Avantasia". Lugaid is one of the characters, played by my favorite singer. God, that's an awful reason for a username.
Where ya from: Småland in Sweden. The newly promoted SEL club Växjö Lakers arena is 30 minutes away from me, to give some hockey perspective.
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Lidström, Datsyuk, Eaves
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Lidström, Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Forsberg, Pavel Bure, Steve Sullivan, Patrick Roy ("hate" the person, love the goalie)
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Cooke, Claude Lemieux, Corey Perry, Dan Cloutier
Favorite food: Pizza, pasta, lasagna
Favorite beer: Zlatopramen or Carlsberg
Other teams/sports you watch: Football/Soccer, Liverpool FC, tennis

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:01 PM
NoIceAroundHere

Name and/or origin of screen-name: Ioannis, Greek for John. Most Greek people actually call me John. My name here just states the problem I face when it comes to playing hockey..
Where ya from: just answered that..
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Pavel Datsyuk and Nick Lidstrom, both are amazing. I like Helm too.
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): The first two I mentioned above and Fedorov - Yzerman.
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): current: Price, Weber, St. Louis, Skinner, Ovechkin, Selanne. all-time: Lemieux, Kariya, Sakic
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Luongo, Thornton
Favorite food: answer changes twice a week..
Favorite beer: Guinness
Other teams/sports you watch: Football (what you guys call soccer, but anyway), basketball..

NoIceAroundHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:49 PM
99HockeyFan

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: 99HockeyFan, big Gretzky fan, and of course, have always been crazy about hockey in general...
Where ya from: Toronto
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Zetterberg / Datsyuk / Lidstrom, what's not to like about them? and I'm supposed to pick one???
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Yzerman
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): current playing, If they're not a Wing, I'm not a fan... LOL (ok there are a few .. )
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): the list is long...
Other teams/sports you watch: Baseball:Jays, Olympics:Team Canada , Basketball:no fav team, Football (aka soccer):no fav team

99HockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: Brett Hudson AKA Huddy
Where ya from: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s)atsyuk/ Helm / Lidstrom
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Steve Yzerman / Lidstrom / Gallant / Burr
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Thorton / Pronger
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Tie- Sidney Crosby/Shane Doan
Favorite food: Club Sandwich
Favorite beer: Magic Hat #9
Other teams/sports you watch: PGA Tour / College Football

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
mattsyuk

New to the forum so thought I'd fill this out!

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: Matt - wanted a wings related nickname...thought about using yzermatt but it was taken, so went with mattsyuk
Where ya from: born in Hamilton, ON - living in Oakville, ON
How you became a Red Wings fan: my dad was a big Wings fan growing up, he has relatives in Detroit...he wrote a letter to Gordie Howe in '74 saying he would like to name his first born after him, and Gordie wrote a letter back that my brother still has to this day....I just fell in line, but happy I did lol
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Nicklas Lidstrom
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Steve Yzerman
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Ovechkin maybe? I don't really have one but I enjoy playing with Ovechkin in NHL11 lol
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Joe Thornton right now...
Favorite food: pizza, burgers, chicken wings..
Favorite beer: heinneken, canadian
Other teams/sports you watch: Lions - NFL, Tiger Cats - CFL, Blue Jays - MLB

mattsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Goalie guy

New here just saying hey
Name Bob
From Taylor MI
Hockey night in Canada in the 80's only channel the tv in my room would pick up
favorite current wing Datsyuk
favorite all time wing Steve Yzerman
favorite non wing Tim Thomas
Least favorite non wings long list
favorite food jets pizza
favorite beer miller light
other teams sports ?There are other sports ?

Goalie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Don't believe I did one of these yet

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name:Christien
Where ya from: Florida
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Pavel Datsyuk, Darren Helm, Hank, and Lidstrom.
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Sergei Federov
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s):Too many to name. Ovechkin, Semin, Stamkos and Pronger are just some.
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Joe Thornton, Alex Burrows, Lou.
Favorite food: Burritos.
Other teams/sports you watch:Capitals are my second favorite team, I also like the Flyers and the Kings. Another sport I like to watch is basketball.
I'm young, 15 years old, and I love hockey. I've been watching it all my life and DRW have always been my favorite team. It's nice to meet you all.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name:
Henri, nick is a nickname of that

Where ya from:
Tampere, the Hockeytown of Finland

Favorite Current Red Wing player(s):
Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm, Homer

Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s):
Fetisov, Konstantinov, Fedorov, Kozlov, Larionov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Murphy, Chelios, Hull, McCarty + the current above.

Favorite non-Red Wing player(s):
Tough one. I could say Semin atm. And Anssi Salmela.

Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s):
Peter Forsberg , Chris Pronger , Matt Cooke , Steve Ott , Corey Perry , Claude Lemieux , Sidney Crosby and Patrick Roy .
Basicly I hate all the goalies when being too good and our own goalie when being too bad.

Other teams/sports you watch:
NHL, Finnish Hockey (Tappara the favourite team), European Soccer (FC Arsenal the favourite team), Formula 1, WRC, NFL maybe the next new sport if I have enough time for that.

Last edited by Henkka: 07-10-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
dman026

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: RJ and my screen name comes from the position i play in hockey which is defense and my number, 26

Where ya from: born and raised in Livonia, MI all my life

How you became a Red Wings fan: my whole family loves hockey and i remember seeing yzerman raise the cup when i was 7 years old and that just solidified my love for hockey

Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Darren Helm for sure but also Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Hank

Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Yzerman, Hull, Shanny, and Jiri Fischer

Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Paul Kariya, Teemu Selanne, Bobby Ryan, Thomas Vanek, Brad Merchand, Ryan Kesler, and Steven Stamkos

Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Sidney Crosby, Chris Pronger, Claude Lemieux

Other teams/sports you watch: anything really; football, baseball, and all the hockey games on Versus and NHL Network

Favorite Food: anything Italian like pasta or pizza

Favorite Beer: Coors Light or Labatt when watching hockey

Last edited by dman026: 07-11-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: forgot my favorite food and beer!
dman026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:04 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Name: Jordan
Where ya from: Bloomfield Hills Mi, Currently in AA for UofM
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s)atsyuk obviously, Helm
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s)ino, Ciciarelli, Vladinator
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s):Ovie,Wendal Clark (trade deadline didn't count), Getzlaf
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Iginla, The Sedins, Riberio
Favorite food:Thai
Other teams/sports you watch: Was drafted by Brampton, so still follow them a lot. Habs are my second team, though I'm starting to like the Ducks since Cam Fowler is a friend of my brother and I's. Like all my maize and blue boys.

Followed the Wing's since birth, and excited to see how they weather the next few years before our prospects are ready to take over.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 07-19-2011 at 08:57 AM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
winger7020

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: Patrick
Where ya from: I'm from michigan born and raised, grew up in the grand rapids area my whole life, a month ago i moved up to Cadillac.
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): I pretty much like all of them but the one i love watching most (other than pavel) is Darren Helm, so much tenacity.
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): I think the Red Army was amazing to watch. That group was special.
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Alexander Ovechkin and Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Definitely Shan Doan. I don't know why but i hate em.
Favorite food: I would have to go with some Bratwurst straight off a charcoal grill.
Favorite beer: Labatt Blue
Other teams/sports you watch: I watch mostly hockey, but i catch a lot of U of M football and some lions, i am ashamed to be a lions fan.

winger7020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:12 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Origin of screen-name: I picked up watching hockey again in the 90s (after a short break) when the Russian Five were at their peak; RedMenace is a reference to the anti-Communist movement spearheaded by Joseph McCarthy in the late 1940s to late 1950s. I also have red hair and my favourite colour is red...

Where ya from: North Carolina. My entire family is from Detroit (west side), so I came into liking the Wings honestly.

Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Datsyuk, Helm, Hudler, Lidstrom, Eaves, Bertuzzi, Commodore (... )

Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Too many to list.

Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Steve Ott, Sean Avery, Tim Thomas

Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Chris Effing Pronger, Skinnedknee Crysby, Teemu Selanne (I used to like him until he started whining with the *ucks...), Matt Cooke, Chris Kunitz

Favorite food: Meats and starches.

Favorite beer: Snakebite/Poor Man's Black Velvet. It's actually a combination drink made by floating Guinness on top of cider.

Other teams/sports you watch: I'll watch or play pretty much any sport (except baseball), but I mainly stick to the Wings and hockey (which I haven't played in about 8 years now. Sigh...). I get Centre Ice every season, so I try to watch as many games/teams as possible.

I also, however futilely, cheer for the Lions.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Petri

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: Name is Petri, as my user name.

Where ya from: Helsinki, Finland

Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Datsyuk, Lidström, Leino

Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Fedorov, Larionov, Datsyuk, Lidström

Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Lafontaine, Mogilny, Iafrate, Selänne, Bourque, Semin, Crosby, Doughty, Wendel Clark

Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Lindros, Messier, Samuelsson

Favorite food: Haute cuisine to a great handmade burger

Favorite beer: Guinness, Anchor Steam, Brooklyn ale, Red Stripe

Other teams/sports you watch: Only hockey really

Petri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 08:02 AM
67coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Origin of screen-name:

Favorite beer: Snakebite/Poor Man's Black Velvet. It's actually a combination drink made by floating Guinness on top of cider.

Ohhhhh, I haven't had one of these in donkeys years

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 09:21 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
Ohhhhh, I haven't had one of these in donkeys years
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them. Beer usually fills me up and doesn't really do the job, but I can drink those things all night.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:25 AM
67coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them. Beer usually fills me up and doesn't really do the job, but I can drink those things all night.
I used to be a Light and Bitter guy but when we went out on the town it was Snakebites all night long.
Did you ever add the blackcurrent to it? Very Smooth and fashionable back in the 80's

Old
07-19-2011, 11:13 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
I used to be a Light and Bitter guy but when we went out on the town it was Snakebites all night long.
Did you ever add the blackcurrent to it? Very Smooth and fashionable back in the 80's
A British bartender mentioned the blackcurrant cordial to me once, but I have yet to try it... sounds like something I need to add to the list.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Stop ruining the beer!

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Zorin

Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: Sven. Screen Name.... Well, I used to play role-games like Role Master, Shadowrun and so on some years ago. And in one of the games I had a character, a Magician, named Zorin. That was by far my favourite all-time character and hence I got my first internet-access those days it promptly became my nic everywhere. Btw: It had NOTHING to do with Max Zorin in James Bond (A view to a kill). I actually didn't recoginse the name until just a few years ago
Where ya from: Krefeld, Germany
How I became a Wings-fan: Can't really say. Started growing interest in the NHL in like 93 and by chance saw a Wings game or 2. Liked the style, liked the history, followed them and from 94 and the finals run on I was a fan
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Uhhh... tough one. Used to be easy: Stevie Y. But now? I LOVE to see Dats whirl around, I love the skill, character and legacy of St. Nick and I developed a bit of a mancrush on Darren Helm recently. Just flip a coin between them.
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Hands down Stevie Y!
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): All time? Ray Bourque with Joe Sakic being runer up (despite his Avs history. He is a franchise player, great character and just a great player similar to the Captain). Today? Christian Ehrhoff, hence he is from my home-team and I like him since he was like 17 or so. Apart from the personal bondages... Well, I like Syd as a player. Simply a lot of talent and heart (call him a whiner or not, but the guy can play some serious hockey).
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): All World: Daniel Kreutzer from Düsseldorf. Love to hate that guy from our biggest rival here in germany. NHL... Used to hate C. Lemieux and Pat Roy. But today? Oh... sure... Pronger! Not as much any more cause I don't get to see him no more in the east. But man did I hate him in Anaheim! And I thought he would have deserved some serious bans he never got from the league!
Favorite food: Oh... I love a lot of different things. Like to cook, like to eat... can't decide
Favorite beer: Maybe Gleumes, a local beer from Krefeld. But also like "Weissbier" from Bavaria (Erdinger, Paulaner) and some others. We have LOTS of beer over here
Other teams/sports you watch: NHL: Like te bruins and the leafs (fan of orig. 6 teams - but don't like the other 3 ) and have to find a way to like Buffalo now (Ehrhoff).
Football: Like Colts and Pats - simply love great passing plays and they have the hands down best QBs in the game. Love to see them play.
Hockey over here: Krefeld Pinguine, obviously
Soccer: Bayern München.

So far for me

Last edited by Zorin: 07-19-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Zorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
67coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Stop ruining the beer!
You wouldn't say that if you gave it a try.

When we say Cider, we're not talking about apple cider we are talking serious "knock your block off" alcahol. The Ciders you buy in Britain are usually anywhere from 8% - 11% ABV, add that to your Guinness and that'll put hairs on your chest.

Old
07-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Zorin

Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
Quote:

When we say Cider, we're not talking about apple cider we are talking serious "knock your block off" alcahol. The Ciders you buy in Britain are usually anywhere from 8% - 11% ABV, add that to your Guinness and that'll put hairs on your chest.
Being a german I'd start with: Hey, why do you talk about Guiness all the time? I thought that was about BEER

Zorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 02:26 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:

Oh I know what cider you're talking about. I just hate to see beer get ruined by foreign substances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
Being a german I'd start with: Hey, why do you talk about Guiness all the time? I thought that was about BEER
Ha. Germany certainly knows what it's doing. I work at a microbrewery in the States and our theme is German lagers, including a Kölsch (Cologne) and an Altbier (Düsseldorf). Great stuff, thanks Germany

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 06:40 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Lets have a go at this again.

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: Had this sn since I got online.
Where ya from: Walled Lake, Mi
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): Kronwall, Helm, Gator
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): Stevie, Vladdy, Probert, Dmac, Kocur; first memories of watching the wings was seeing kocur beat the living hell outta someone, my young thought at the time: COOL!
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): any Mich. native, any MSU or UofM alumni
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): tough call, no true hatred for any player
Favorite food: italian, mexican
Favorite beer: Magic hat #9, Miller, Killians, Bells, Sam Adams, select local microbrews
Other teams/sports you watch:Tigers, Lions, Steelers, MSU hockey

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:53 AM
NumberFive
Just a Schnook

Name (if comfortable giving out) and/or origin of screen-name: NumberFive (formerly number5rocks). So chosen because Nick Lidstrom is my fave Red Wings player, has been ever since he started.
Where ya from: Metro Detroit area, all my life!
Favorite Current Red Wing player(s): You have to ask?
Favorite All-Time Red Wing player(s): You have to ask? Well, OK, Stevie Y does run a close second.
Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Dwayne Roloson. 41 years young and still starting in the net and taking his team deep in the playoffs. How can you not respect that???
Least-Favorite non-Red Wing player(s): Well, not a player, but Gary Buttman, the scourge of the NHL. If it has to be a player, Sindey Crysby.
Favorite food: My homemade spaghetti sauce!
Favorite beer: Molson Ice
Other teams/sports you watch: Golf (so WHAT! ), NASCAR (so WHAT! )

NumberFive is offline   Reply With Quote