HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The most frustrating game(s) you have seen in person?

Old
07-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

vCash: 500
2009 Game 5 against Pittsburg. To see it slowly slip away, and have the season end on that. Was really bitter pill to swallow. I remember thinking that there was no way the Flyers wouldn't go out and get a legit goalie after that.

2011 Game 3 against Boston. After game 2, I was so sure the Flyers would win that one and make it a series. They came out so flat, I was shocked. I had to watch from the Press box (Surrounded by Boston media) as the Flyers laid an egg. Then had to go into the Bruins lockerroom afterward and listen to all the Bruins talk about the game. I still remember Brad Marchand's cocky smile...

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 10:22 AM
flyershistory

Mine would be the 8-0 elimination loss to Buffalo

flyershistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Gartner had 28: http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Player...px?Player=1458

His first: Andre Dupont, 1980.

Carpenter had 34 in his career.

Never would have guessed either of those numbers.
I think the total numbers on that site could be inflated.

That link lists three Clarke-Gartner fights. My guess is the latter two were scrums/minors because I doubt they picked up fighting majors against each other in three separate games. There's a brief reference to the first fight listed within this scrap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gGU...embedded#at=54

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-19-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Grammar
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:09 AM
flyershistory

Gartner had fighting majors against Dupont, Kelly, Clarke, Bathe and Marsh (all one time each) in games against the Flyers

flyershistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

i too was there to see jay mckee score in overtime against buffalo but the worst was game 1 1997 finals. it was like a carnival. we were the favorites everything was going fine and then hextall lets in that goal from the blueline. expensive tickets. but that was 97. the worst would have been game 6 2010 cause they did it to us here. i'm glad i dodged the bullet on that one. i'm too much a flyer fan to flip over and just appreciate watching another team skate around on OUR ICE with the cup. bull ****.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

just thought id add since its in the family and incredible. my grandmom was at the 1 0 game 6 1974 stanley cup clincher. i have the ticket and it was 10 dollars. 10 DOLLARS! did i say it was 10 dollars? the greatest game in flyers history. hopefully we get a new greatest game soon. we'll just have to add a couple zeroes to that.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Normand Lacombe

Any loss from the non playoff era of 1990-1994.

Normand Lacombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
DickTony

I was at Lavi's first home game where we got clobbered by the Panthers. Started one row from the top of the 200s and by the start of the 2nd my brother and I made our way to a miraculously 8 or 9 rows behind the home bench. Watched in horror as Boucher hurt his hand and cried as Leighton skated on. Scarred.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
lancer247

Worse game was Eagles vs TB NFC conference championship game.

Worse Flyers game was Game 7 vs Devils 2000 ECF.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Never seen a flyers game in person for obvious reasons, but some over the last couple of years have really stung to watch.

Flyers against penguins, game 6. Everyone thought we were going to game 7, i guess the flyers did too.

Game 6 finals. I honestly have never felt so dejected in my entire life. I still can't watch anything from that game. Even just remembering the run we had brings more dissapointment due to how it ended. I'll never get over that one unless we win a cup within the next 3 years. Never.

Funny thing, that year when we played NY in the final game, i didn't have internet, but had my mate send me texts all night with the scores. The flyers tying it up late, the overtime chances, each text was so painful to read. Imagine all the excitment and tension and you don't know if the next text is going to end it all. My missus was pregnant around that time, and i've never jumped around so much at 1 in the morning

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 07:26 AM
kimmofan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonMTG View Post
I was at Lavi's first home game where we got clobbered by the Panthers. Started one row from the top of the 200s and by the start of the 2nd my brother and I made our way to a miraculously 8 or 9 rows behind the home bench. Watched in horror as Boucher hurt his hand and cried as Leighton skated on. Scarred.
i had the misfortune of being at the game after stevens was fired it was dec 4 and we played the caps. emery got hurt and boucher came out to try and save us some face in a horrible 8 to 2 pounding. to make matters worse my tickets ended u being smack dab in the midle of lik 50 overly passionate caps fans who really let me have it all game. worst birthday ever.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote