HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jim Slater to San Jose

Old
07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

vCash: 500
Jim Slater to San Jose

What would the Jets be looking for in return? Slater would be a good addition to the Sharks bottom six. He would bring some speed and If I am correct, he can play on the PK.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

slater is the perfect energy line player. he can pk, he's great at faceoffs, he's tough, and he can score ~10 goals.

which means like every other great energy line player, his value is much higher to his team than it is on the trade market, so the jets would probably hang onto him

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
What would the Jets be looking for in return? Slater would be a good addition to the Sharks bottom six. He would bring some speed and If I am correct, he can play on the PK.
The Sharks don't need another energy line player. They need a 2nd/3rd-line tweener who can score a decent amount to play on the 3rd line.

Also, I'm not sure why Penguins fans are making trade proposals for the Sharks???

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 01:04 AM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
The Sharks don't need another energy line player. They need a 2nd/3rd-line tweener who can score a decent amount to play on the 3rd line.

Also, I'm not sure why Penguins fans are making trade proposals for the Sharks???
The Sharks could go for two players, we have 5 million in cap space. He would go nicely on the fourth line, and could fill in 3rd line when there are injury's.

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Quote:

David Clarkson!!

SpeakingOfTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
David Clarkson!!
I wouldn't call him a 2nd/3rd tweener. He's more of a 3rd/4th tweener. And he's getting paid more than his actual cap hit the last 2 years of his contract, so that's not an attractive thing to ownership.

Pass.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Blueland89

Lets not forget Slater was a 23rd overall pick he was a very talented scored at Michigan state. Like said before he is a great face-off man, gritty, high energy, and can PK. I always love the Boulton - Slater - Thorburn line (Greek Gods line) they were 3 of my favorites.

P.S check out his hit on Tyler Meyers one of my favorites by him

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
Lets not forget Slater was a 23rd overall pick he was a very talented scored at Michigan state. Like said before he is a great face-off man, gritty, high energy, and can PK. I always love the Boulton - Slater - Thorburn line (Greek Gods line) they were 3 of my favorites.

P.S check out his hit on Tyler Meyers one of my favorites by him
Uh don't mean to be rude but he was drafted 30th overall not 23rd, and ironicly the 23rd pick was ben eager. slater imho is not the player we need though.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:

Well I can be a fan of another team can't I? And it's a "Penguins fan", not "Penguins fans". Because if you put it that way, people (Penguins fans) will get all defensive and say "he doesn't represent the fan base..." like you see so many times on here, you know. But I honestly think Slater would be a good fit for the Sharks bottom six and fit the system well. But like someone else mentioned, he is probably more valuable to the Jets than what they would get in return.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote