HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
  #51
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 670
Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 07:33 PM
  #52
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?
I've also been looking for the answer to this.... and can't find the answer, but saw that last year was August 14th. Can't imagine it would be much different than this date.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM
  #53
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
It is usually really close to when preseason games start, so that sounds right. The idea is to fill as many seats as possible with season ticket holders, work on large groups and then sell the singles when they know what's left. Honestly, if it was me I'd inquire about the flex packs or a six pack or go in on them with friends if you know you can all come to certain games. You'll save SO much money that way.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
  #54
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
It is usually really close to when preseason games start, so that sounds right. The idea is to fill as many seats as possible with season ticket holders, work on large groups and then sell the singles when they know what's left. Honestly, if it was me I'd inquire about the flex packs or a six pack or go in on them with friends if you know you can all come to certain games. You'll save SO much money that way.
Yes. you'll pay a discounted price per seat with no extra fees/charges. Its worth it if you are going to more than say 2 games. I started with a 13 game pack when I moved to Nash, now I've upgraded to 23 games (half-season). I pay a decent amount up front and pay monthly from there. It is really convenient and much cheaper.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 05:43 PM
  #55
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,899
vCash: 500
Do you know what the minimum amount of games they do for flex pack? I'm really only interested in the two Saturday night Blackhawk games, as well as the Jets game. Not to mention for the two Hawks games, I plan on trying to get some good tickets (15 or so rows up, on the corner of the side the Hawks will attack twice at), and then meh tickets for the Jets game.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:32 PM
  #56
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Do you know what the minimum amount of games they do for flex pack? I'm really only interested in the two Saturday night Blackhawk games, as well as the Jets game. Not to mention for the two Hawks games, I plan on trying to get some good tickets (15 or so rows up, on the corner of the side the Hawks will attack twice at), and then meh tickets for the Jets game.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=67956

Looks like 12. HOWEVER, if you could get a number of people to come as a group (I believe it's 15) you could get in on group pricing. http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=62912

For the corner where the Hawks attack twice, 102-103 is in the corner, and 118 -119 on the other side.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:20 PM
  #57
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=67956

Looks like 12. HOWEVER, if you could get a number of people to come as a group (I believe it's 15) you could get in on group pricing. http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=62912

For the corner where the Hawks attack twice, 102-103 is in the corner, and 118 -119 on the other side.
Get info, and thanks!

I'm hoping to get beyond 30 for the Thrashers, I mean Jets game. If anyone has a good ticket rep they'd like to suggest, let me know.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
  #58
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
I'm looking into getting tickets for this season and I was sent the ex-Thrashers fan ticket package thing. I'm probably going to be making suggestions to my friends who I'll be bringing up from Atlanta. I'm looking at the seating chart and was wondering what you guys think is the best "bang for you buck" seat? I had opinions on this in Phillips Arena because I had sat in almost every different section over the course of 10 or so years. For instance, I thought the best deals were on the attack once side top of the lower bowl and sitting at the bottom of the upper balcony were best. I really thought the biggest ripoff was sitting in the 200 section which was between the two because there was an odd over hang that left you feeling out of the game and you seemed just as close at the bottom of the balcony seats.

What is your favorite place to sit and what do you think you get the best value?

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
  #59
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
I'm looking into getting tickets for this season and I was sent the ex-Thrashers fan ticket package thing. I'm probably going to be making suggestions to my friends who I'll be bringing up from Atlanta. I'm looking at the seating chart and was wondering what you guys think is the best "bang for you buck" seat? I had opinions on this in Phillips Arena because I had sat in almost every different section over the course of 10 or so years. For instance, I thought the best deals were on the attack once side top of the lower bowl and sitting at the bottom of the upper balcony were best. I really thought the biggest ripoff was sitting in the 200 section which was between the two because there was an odd over hang that left you feeling out of the game and you seemed just as close at the bottom of the balcony seats.

What is your favorite place to sit and what do you think you get the best value?
I think the best bang for the buck is the 316-319 area, which is the attack twice area and closer to the ice than the cheaper 300 seats

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:37 AM
  #60
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I think the best bang for the buck is the 316-319 area, which is the attack twice area and closer to the ice than the cheaper 300 seats
314 and 315 are in this category, too. I love my seats in 315. Sight lines are great and the people in the section are into the game. We've got one guy whose catch phrase is "hit somebody"...he's like the Norm of the Cheers bar, everyone yells "Hit somebody" to him whenever he walks in. It was a bit rough getting used to but now it's just part of the atmosphere of the section.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:56 AM
  #61
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
This sounds like good suggestions but are these all you can eat seats? That's what it looks like they are labeled.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
  #62
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
This sounds like good suggestions but are these all you can eat seats? That's what it looks like they are labeled.
Yes. I don't think you HAVE to participate in that though. I was given a choice with my season ticket package. For me it was a $5 extra charge.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:10 PM
  #63
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Yes. I don't think you HAVE to participate in that though. I was given a choice with my season ticket package. For me it was a $5 extra charge.
Hmmm...the options for those seats put the cost 57.50 for family and adult for 72.50. What is adult? For all you can drink beer? Seems a little pricey. That has got to be all you can eat prices because I can get middle to top of the lower bowl attack twice side for 79.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:51 PM
  #64
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Hmmm...the options for those seats put the cost 57.50 for family and adult for 72.50. What is adult? For all you can drink beer? Seems a little pricey. That has got to be all you can eat prices because I can get middle to top of the lower bowl attack twice side for 79.
That is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than what I pay as a season ticket holder. My tickets without the add-on ended up being right at $36 each. So adding $5 to that makes them $41 tickets. (That's just figuring for 42 home games, but if you count preseason games that works out to a bit lower.)

Adult is all you can drink draft beer. If you drink more than 2 per game it's a good deal. Draft beer prices run around $9, I think.


Last edited by Adz: 07-08-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:17 AM
  #65
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
That is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than what I pay as a season ticket holder. My tickets without the add-on ended up being right at $36 each. So adding $5 to that makes them $41 tickets. (That's just figuring for 42 home games, but if you count preseason games that works out to a bit lower.)

Adult is all you can drink draft beer. If you drink more than 2 per game it's a good deal. Draft beer prices run around $9, I think.
Wow! It seems like something if off here. Even though you prices are for season tickets it seems like there is too much a difference in price. I'm gonna call and ask some questions. Thanks for the help!

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:44 AM
  #66
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Wow! It seems like something if off here. Even though you prices are for season tickets it seems like there is too much a difference in price. I'm gonna call and ask some questions. Thanks for the help!
Doubt it. They give a huge discount to Full STH's. I calculated it out using my invoice and your numbers and after 30 games I'm going for free. I was also able to lock in current prices for 2 years by using the 2/20 plan.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
  #67
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,899
vCash: 500
Wait, are you serious that beer is included in the All You Can Eat seats? That's a scary proposition. Me and 5 of my buddies seriously might sink your entire franchise via beer costs in one night!

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
  #68
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Wait, are you serious that beer is included in the All You Can Eat seats? That's a scary proposition. Me and 5 of my buddies seriously might sink your entire franchise via beer costs in one night!
It's included in the "All-Inclusive Zone" lower bowl seats and is available for $15 in the "All You Can Eat" upper bowl attack twice seats.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:47 AM
  #69
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
I'll be heading to Nashville Dec 9th - 12th for the Ducks - Preds game (my first ever NHL game) then to watch the Saints - Titans the next day.

I'd like to stay downtown close to both the arena and the football stadium. It looks like there is a walk bridge across the river to the stadium? Any advice on the hotels, I am on a budget so I don't want to spend to much- but I'd rather be close to everything than have to walk a long ways to get to the good bars / restaurants.

Any advice on where to sit at both places?

Also- how is the weather normally that time of year? I'm not a fan of cold weather

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:00 PM
  #70
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I'll be heading to Nashville Dec 9th - 12th for the Ducks - Preds game (my first ever NHL game) then to watch the Saints - Titans the next day.

I'd like to stay downtown close to both the arena and the football stadium. It looks like there is a walk bridge across the river to the stadium? Any advice on the hotels, I am on a budget so I don't want to spend to much- but I'd rather be close to everything than have to walk a long ways to get to the good bars / restaurants.

Any advice on where to sit at both places?

Also- how is the weather normally that time of year? I'm not a fan of cold weather

not sure exactly what your budget is but Id recommend the Hampton on 4th for a hotel. easy walking distance to both places.

there are multiple good bars with good food on broadway between the Bridgestone arena and the river. (also easy walking from the Hampton)

cant tell you where to sit for the titans game but for the preds game the 3-teens are actually as close to the ice as the club level but at upper bowl prices and if you want you can pay extra and add all you can eat arena food and beer.

are you still coming if the NFL is on lockout and there is no football game?

weather is truly variable. would typically expect hi 40's to low 50's during that time but truthfully could be anywhere from 30 degrees and snowing/freezing rain to 65 and sunny.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:02 PM
  #71
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I'll be heading to Nashville Dec 9th - 12th for the Ducks - Preds game (my first ever NHL game) then to watch the Saints - Titans the next day.

I'd like to stay downtown close to both the arena and the football stadium. It looks like there is a walk bridge across the river to the stadium? Any advice on the hotels, I am on a budget so I don't want to spend to much- but I'd rather be close to everything than have to walk a long ways to get to the good bars / restaurants.

Any advice on where to sit at both places?

Also- how is the weather normally that time of year? I'm not a fan of cold weather
Hope this helps

Pretty moderate last year at the time you're looking at 52 for a high & 42 for a low

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
  #72
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not sure exactly what your budget is but Id recommend the Hampton on 4th for a hotel. easy walking distance to both places.

there are multiple good bars with good food on broadway between the Bridgestone arena and the river. (also easy walking from the Hampton)

cant tell you where to sit for the titans game but for the preds game the 3-teens are actually as close to the ice as the club level but at upper bowl prices and if you want you can pay extra and add all you can eat arena food and beer.

are you still coming if the NFL is on lockout and there is no football game?

weather is truly variable. would typically expect hi 40's to low 50's during that time but truthfully could be anywhere from 30 degrees and snowing/freezing rain to 65 and sunny.
I'm pretty sure there will be football, but without the Saints going I don't know if that'd be my NHL game to go to. Me and my dad started a tradition where each year we want to go to 1 away Saints game (last year was Dallas) so being able to double up the trip is really the main appeal for me. I'd probably still try to make it to Nashville as the flights there are pretty cheap and quick- but it'd be not so near the holidays.

I tried to pull up the Hampton online- but I'm not seeing one on 4th st, this is the closest I see: 1919 West End Avenue

It's around $119 / night, which is the cheapest around- others are from 160-280 so I guess my budget is really around 160 and lower per night. Thanks for all the help already

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:09 AM
  #73
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Hampton Nashville downtown

For the dates you posted (Dec 9 - 12) it looks like the lowest best available rate is $169 or a paid in full advanced rate of $143/night.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:47 PM
  #74
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,607
vCash: 500
As for places to stay, one idea is http://www.vrbo.com/ . You can find vacation rentals and some times it might be cheaper than a hotel. For example in Nashville: http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...ddle/nashville

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 02:06 PM
  #75
Horse
Go Canucks!
 
Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cariboo, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
How much is customary to throw those tip jars for the bands along the strip? I've seen people throwing in anything from $1 (or nothing) to $20

Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.