HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nylander

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
In the context of adding Rucchin, Straka and Rucinsky he doesn't.

Rucchin, Straka and Nylander I have no problem whatsoever with.

Old
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I agree. And to take it further from my POV, I'm not talking about throwing guys like Graham, Jessiman, Montoya, Dubinsky, Korpikoski or Staal (maybe not even Immonen) out there. I mean giving guys who have played professionally already and its time to really what, if anything they are.
Dawes?

Old
09-21-2005, 03:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Dawes?
I think Dawes and will surprise. And I think he is further along than the guys I mentioned.

Old
09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
This argument is retarded... play Lundmark on the first line... has he earned it? No, let him earn it the same way Jeff Toms did in '02

Nylander is an excellent rental, and Straka was far and away the best player in camp... What's the problem? Here's an idea!:

Dawes-Lundmark-Balej
Prucha-Moore-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Wiseman-Hollweg
Weller-Betts-Ward

Tjutin-Kondratiev
Lampman-Pock
Staal-Grenier

Great team, right? I think we'd be banned from the NHL.

Old
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
This argument is retarded... play Lundmark on the first line... has he earned it? No, let him earn it the same way Jeff Toms did in '02

Nylander is an excellent rental, and Straka was far and away the best player in camp... What's the problem? Here's an idea!:

Dawes-Lundmark-Balej
Prucha-Moore-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Wiseman-Hollweg
Weller-Betts-Ward

Tjutin-Kondratiev
Lampman-Pock
Staal-Grenier

Lundmark has proven too many times that he is not, and will not be a top 6 forward ever.

Old
09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
AVE MAN

What line is Rucchin going to play on and with whom?

Old
09-21-2005, 03:36 PM
bathgate

T.B: Am I a sucker,your argument may be deserve merit since I've had tickets for many years, or just a true blue fan that wishes the best for his team? BTW, do you like my play on the words? However, I meant what I said. I'm disgusted with the mercenary theme or the over the hill theme. Give me the kids theme!

Old
09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Lundmark has proven too many times that he is not, and will not be a top 6 forward ever.
Geesh, Lundmark played well last night and looked stronger and tougher, even adding a goal. Lundmark is going to have to prove himself and although I think he will, I wonder if fans will ever give him a break, with that being said, I do understand your thinking that it was just one pre-season game, but he will step up this year IMO.

As SBOB said, I too think Dawes will surprise people. This team needs more scoring with the big club and he has a nose for the net and grit/toughness. I think Prucha will challenge, but at least one of those two will start in NY to give this team more offensive punch. I cannot wait to see Immonen and Dawes play Sunday and hope Prucha plays too because he only got 10:00 of ice time last night.

Old
09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
T.B: Am I a sucker,your argument may be deserve merit since I've had tickets for many years, or just a true blue fan that wishes the best for his team? BTW, do you like my play on the words? However, I meant what I said. I'm disgusted with the mercenary theme or the over the hill theme. Give me the kids theme!
My comment was a little tongue-n-cheek. No insult was intended. I would say that you (much like most of us here) are a true blue fan. However, maybe the issue is with someone like myself. Maybe I let Melnyk (you'll meet him soon enough) rub off on me and have become ever the pessimist. Or maybe I am just like you, a true blue fan, but one who has been turned into a cynic following what has been a decade of destruction. Personally, my feelings are like this. Every year I have lived and breathed Ranger hockey. Through all the bad times and heartbreak prior to 1994. And through the last 8 incredibly, hard to stomach atrocity that has been called the New York Rangers. It is more of "Fool me once......." type of thing. I allowed myself to be taken in by Sather. I listened to his "Bigger, younger, faster" shtick and was taken in, even though I was against his hiring. Every year I was told things were going to be different. And every year they weren't. IT really began hitting rock bottom for me when suddenly sloppy play was acceptable. When the goal became to finish 8th, despite the league's highest payroll. And every year I allowed the organization to hang spaghetti on my ears and extol their own virtues. And every year I saw no change to anything.
So maybe I am just a cynic who is waiting ever so patiently to be proven wrong. Believe me, I can only hope to be.

Old
09-21-2005, 05:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR

Dawes-Lundmark-Balej
Prucha-Moore-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Wiseman-Hollweg
Weller-Betts-Ward

Tjutin-Kondratiev
Lampman-Pock
Staal-Grenier

Bob, I think you need to use the sarcasm icon when you put up a post like that - there are posters who want to see a lineup not that different from that one.

Old
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
My comment was a little tongue-n-cheek. No insult was intended. I would say that you (much like most of us here) are a true blue fan. However, maybe the issue is with someone like myself. Maybe I let Melnyk (you'll meet him soon enough) rub off on me and have become ever the pessimist. Or maybe I am just like you, a true blue fan, but one who has been turned into a cynic following what has been a decade of destruction. Personally, my feelings are like this. Every year I have lived and breathed Ranger hockey. Through all the bad times and heartbreak prior to 1994. And through the last 8 incredibly, hard to stomach atrocity that has been called the New York Rangers. It is more of "Fool me once......." type of thing. I allowed myself to be taken in by Sather. I listened to his "Bigger, younger, faster" shtick and was taken in, even though I was against his hiring. Every year I was told things were going to be different. And every year they weren't. IT really began hitting rock bottom for me when suddenly sloppy play was acceptable. When the goal became to finish 8th, despite the league's highest payroll. And every year I allowed the organization to hang spaghetti on my ears and extol their own virtues. And every year I saw no change to anything.
So maybe I am just a cynic who is waiting ever so patiently to be proven wrong. Believe me, I can only hope to be.
No insult was taken! We want the same! Time will tell if we have truly turned the corner and really rebuilding. If not,I am finished watching

Closed Thread