HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nylander

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
  #26
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
In the context of adding Rucchin, Straka and Rucinsky he doesn't.


Rucchin, Straka and Nylander I have no problem whatsoever with.

Davisian is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
  #27
Large_Farva*
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I agree. And to take it further from my POV, I'm not talking about throwing guys like Graham, Jessiman, Montoya, Dubinsky, Korpikoski or Staal (maybe not even Immonen) out there. I mean giving guys who have played professionally already and its time to really what, if anything they are.
Dawes?

Large_Farva* is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:06 PM
  #28
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,799
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Dawes?
I think Dawes and will surprise. And I think he is further along than the guys I mentioned.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
  #29
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
This argument is retarded... play Lundmark on the first line... has he earned it? No, let him earn it the same way Jeff Toms did in '02

Nylander is an excellent rental, and Straka was far and away the best player in camp... What's the problem? Here's an idea!:

Dawes-Lundmark-Balej
Prucha-Moore-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Wiseman-Hollweg
Weller-Betts-Ward

Tjutin-Kondratiev
Lampman-Pock
Staal-Grenier

Great team, right? I think we'd be banned from the NHL.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
  #30
Large_Farva*
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
This argument is retarded... play Lundmark on the first line... has he earned it? No, let him earn it the same way Jeff Toms did in '02

Nylander is an excellent rental, and Straka was far and away the best player in camp... What's the problem? Here's an idea!:

Dawes-Lundmark-Balej
Prucha-Moore-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Wiseman-Hollweg
Weller-Betts-Ward

Tjutin-Kondratiev
Lampman-Pock
Staal-Grenier

Great team, right? I think we'd be banned from the NHL.
Lundmark has proven too many times that he is not, and will not be a top 6 forward ever.

Large_Farva* is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
  #31
AVE MAN
Registered User
 
AVE MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
What line is Rucchin going to play on and with whom?

AVE MAN is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:36 PM
  #32
bathgate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
T.B: Am I a sucker,your argument may be deserve merit since I've had tickets for many years, or just a true blue fan that wishes the best for his team? BTW, do you like my play on the words? However, I meant what I said. I'm disgusted with the mercenary theme or the over the hill theme. Give me the kids theme!

bathgate is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
  #33
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Lundmark has proven too many times that he is not, and will not be a top 6 forward ever.
Geesh, Lundmark played well last night and looked stronger and tougher, even adding a goal. Lundmark is going to have to prove himself and although I think he will, I wonder if fans will ever give him a break, with that being said, I do understand your thinking that it was just one pre-season game, but he will step up this year IMO.

As SBOB said, I too think Dawes will surprise people. This team needs more scoring with the big club and he has a nose for the net and grit/toughness. I think Prucha will challenge, but at least one of those two will start in NY to give this team more offensive punch. I cannot wait to see Immonen and Dawes play Sunday and hope Prucha plays too because he only got 10:00 of ice time last night.

nyranger61494 is online now  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
  #34
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
T.B: Am I a sucker,your argument may be deserve merit since I've had tickets for many years, or just a true blue fan that wishes the best for his team? BTW, do you like my play on the words? However, I meant what I said. I'm disgusted with the mercenary theme or the over the hill theme. Give me the kids theme!
My comment was a little tongue-n-cheek. No insult was intended. I would say that you (much like most of us here) are a true blue fan. However, maybe the issue is with someone like myself. Maybe I let Melnyk (you'll meet him soon enough) rub off on me and have become ever the pessimist. Or maybe I am just like you, a true blue fan, but one who has been turned into a cynic following what has been a decade of destruction. Personally, my feelings are like this. Every year I have lived and breathed Ranger hockey. Through all the bad times and heartbreak prior to 1994. And through the last 8 incredibly, hard to stomach atrocity that has been called the New York Rangers. It is more of "Fool me once......." type of thing. I allowed myself to be taken in by Sather. I listened to his "Bigger, younger, faster" shtick and was taken in, even though I was against his hiring. Every year I was told things were going to be different. And every year they weren't. IT really began hitting rock bottom for me when suddenly sloppy play was acceptable. When the goal became to finish 8th, despite the league's highest payroll. And every year I allowed the organization to hang spaghetti on my ears and extol their own virtues. And every year I saw no change to anything.
So maybe I am just a cynic who is waiting ever so patiently to be proven wrong. Believe me, I can only hope to be.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 05:02 PM
  #35
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
This argument is retarded... play Lundmark on the first line... has he earned it? No, let him earn it the same way Jeff Toms did in '02

Nylander is an excellent rental, and Straka was far and away the best player in camp... What's the problem? Here's an idea!:

Dawes-Lundmark-Balej
Prucha-Moore-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Wiseman-Hollweg
Weller-Betts-Ward

Tjutin-Kondratiev
Lampman-Pock
Staal-Grenier

Great team, right? I think we'd be banned from the NHL.
Bob, I think you need to use the sarcasm icon when you put up a post like that - there are posters who want to see a lineup not that different from that one.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
  #36
bathgate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
My comment was a little tongue-n-cheek. No insult was intended. I would say that you (much like most of us here) are a true blue fan. However, maybe the issue is with someone like myself. Maybe I let Melnyk (you'll meet him soon enough) rub off on me and have become ever the pessimist. Or maybe I am just like you, a true blue fan, but one who has been turned into a cynic following what has been a decade of destruction. Personally, my feelings are like this. Every year I have lived and breathed Ranger hockey. Through all the bad times and heartbreak prior to 1994. And through the last 8 incredibly, hard to stomach atrocity that has been called the New York Rangers. It is more of "Fool me once......." type of thing. I allowed myself to be taken in by Sather. I listened to his "Bigger, younger, faster" shtick and was taken in, even though I was against his hiring. Every year I was told things were going to be different. And every year they weren't. IT really began hitting rock bottom for me when suddenly sloppy play was acceptable. When the goal became to finish 8th, despite the league's highest payroll. And every year I allowed the organization to hang spaghetti on my ears and extol their own virtues. And every year I saw no change to anything.
So maybe I am just a cynic who is waiting ever so patiently to be proven wrong. Believe me, I can only hope to be.
No insult was taken! We want the same! Time will tell if we have truly turned the corner and really rebuilding. If not,I am finished watching

bathgate is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.