HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Could Sergei lure Andrei here?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2011, 05:33 AM
  #1
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Could Sergei lure Andrei here?

Either Sergei is just talking up the russian media or Andrei might not like Montreal very much. According to twitter from a news reporter from russia name Slava Malamud:

Sk commenting on the Habs: S.Kostitsyn rips the #Habs in his Pressball interview: “They wanted to make me a 4th line checker. Me a checker??” #Preds

Sk commenting on Preds: “Have no idea what they (#Habs) are doing to my brother, playing him on 3rd and 4th lines… #Preds have much better atmosphere” S.Kostitsyn

Sk commenting on his contract: Sergei Kostitsyn tells Pressball (leading Belarusian sports edition) that he would’ve preferred a 2-year deal with the #Preds.


My source: http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/7...ators#comments

I would love a Kostitsyn combo!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 05:53 AM
  #2
Fo Shea Shea
Registered User
 
Fo Shea Shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
If AK dislikes Montreal so much, why did he resign? I don't see the brothers uniting here.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 06:38 AM
  #3
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
It'd be nice for Nashville to get a good scorer like Andrei. I can see it happening, I don't think Montreal is very fond of Andrei anymore. He may have re-signed there just as a sign of respect to Montreal and is expecting a trade? Maybe the Franson trade was to unload some money for this to happen?

I'm obviously speculating, but I could definately see Nashville wanting Andrei considering how much Sergei's game has improved since heading down south.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:41 AM
  #4
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,318
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
If AK dislikes Montreal so much, why did he resign? I don't see the brothers uniting here.
AK was an RFA wasnt he? so he really didnt have much choice.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 08:11 AM
  #5
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
in a vacuum I would of course like to add a player of AK's talent. But in reality you have to wonder how it would affect SK. He seemed to turn a new leaf when he got away from the distractions in Montreal, one of those distractions may have been playing in his brother's shadow. It could work, this time it would be Andrei coming into a system where Sergei is already an established talent, maybe they are both more mature now having spent time apart and both getting out of the Montreal pressure cooker could launch them to the next level of their NHL careers. That's a lot of what if's to deal with, and with Sergei we had the chance to bring him in on a cheap, no risk deal. We would have to make a real commitment to Andrei, so we're boned if the situation blows up.

I guess the short answer is, why take a risk on messing up a good thing?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:08 AM
  #6
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
in a vacuum I would of course like to add a player of AK's talent. But in reality you have to wonder how it would affect SK. He seemed to turn a new leaf when he got away from the distractions in Montreal, one of those distractions may have been playing in his brother's shadow. It could work, this time it would be Andrei coming into a system where Sergei is already an established talent, maybe they are both more mature now having spent time apart and both getting out of the Montreal pressure cooker could launch them to the next level of their NHL careers. That's a lot of what if's to deal with, and with Sergei we had the chance to bring him in on a cheap, no risk deal. We would have to make a real commitment to Andrei, so we're boned if the situation blows up.

I guess the short answer is, why take a risk on messing up a good thing?
Cuz we need some more scoring help? Not a superstar, but definitely a big physical guy who can score 20 plus a year. The question should be: Why not take a risk on this guy?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
  #7
jderick81
Registered User
 
jderick81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
I like this thought, I really hope it happens but don't know if it will. Come on Sergei, get your bro down here to light the lamp with you!

jderick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
  #8
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,318
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jderick81 View Post
I like this thought, I really hope it happens but don't know if it will. Come on Sergei, get your bro down here to light the lamp with you!
AK signed for one year with the habs so it wont happen any time soon.

If SK has another great season with us, then I wonder if part of contract negotiations with SK would involve "if you sign my brother I will sign for less money/more years"

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:40 AM
  #9
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
AK signed for one year with the habs so it wont happen any time soon.

If SK has another great season with us, then I wonder if part of contract negotiations with SK would involve "if you sign my brother I will sign for less money/more years"
That's sorta what I mentioned on this thread on the Trade discussions forum. Maybe sign em both at the same time.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:45 AM
  #10
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
AK signed for one year with the habs so it wont happen any time soon.

If SK has another great season with us, then I wonder if part of contract negotiations with SK would involve "if you sign my brother I will sign for less money/more years"
Then they could be two wild and crazy guys from Belarus on the town in Nashville!! http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...brothers/2886/

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:16 PM
  #11
codeyh
HFB Partner
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
did you ever consider that the distraction was playing in MONTREAL!?

I couldn't imagine playing there or Toronto... absolute madness.

But as far as the original topic, nope, don't see AK47 coming to Nashville.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:38 PM
  #12
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,448
vCash: 500
Bad trading partners for a deal like this. Both teams need offense. Montreal had fewer goals than us last year.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 01:10 PM
  #13
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
I saw that the brothers' surname actually translates to Kascicyn . Wonder why they went with "Kostitsyn" instead? Ease of pronunciation? Ability to shorten to "****"? (my guess) I'll bet it's really pronounced Kuh skek sin but **** is much easier for line names than Skeeks.


I'd love to have both of them on the team and am glad that Sergei seems to have bought into the Nashville system and Nashville in general.

Edit: Wow, that's ***'d out.


Last edited by Adz: 07-20-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Amazement
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
  #14
BourqueBourqueBork
Registered User
 
BourqueBourqueBork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I saw that the brothers' surname actually translates to Kascicyn . Wonder why they went with "Kostitsyn" instead? Ease of pronunciation? Ability to shorten to "****"? (my guess) I'll bet it's really pronounced Kuh skek sin but **** is much easier for line names than Skeeks.


I'd love to have both of them on the team and am glad that Sergei seems to have bought into the Nashville system and Nashville in general.

Edit: Wow, that's ***'d out.
Looks like somebody needs to wash their mouth out.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:15 PM
  #15
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Looks like somebody needs to wash their mouth out.
Won't be the first time. Where the **** is the Boraxo?

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:00 PM
  #16
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Won't be the first time. Where the **** is the Boraxo?
Wash your mouth out then put on a pink bunny costume

Man I ****ing hate that movie


kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
  #17
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Won't be the first time. Where the **** is the Boraxo?
Nuh-uh. You're using Life Boy. That'll teach you.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 10:56 PM
  #18
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Wash your mouth out then put on a pink bunny costume

Man I ****ing hate that movie

You hate the movie but you can quote from it...you're an Oldsmobile man, aren't you?

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:30 PM
  #19
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Either Sergei is just talking up the russian media or Andrei might not like Montreal very much. According to twitter from a news reporter from russia name Slava Malamud:

Sk commenting on the Habs: S.Kostitsyn rips the #Habs in his Pressball interview: “They wanted to make me a 4th line checker. Me a checker??” #Preds

Sk commenting on Preds: “Have no idea what they (#Habs) are doing to my brother, playing him on 3rd and 4th lines… #Preds have much better atmosphere” S.Kostitsyn

Sk commenting on his contract: Sergei Kostitsyn tells Pressball (leading Belarusian sports edition) that he would’ve preferred a 2-year deal with the #Preds.


My source: http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/7...ators#comments

I would love a Kostitsyn combo!
Yes, AK really don't like it under Martin there. He said it himself. In video interview during WC this year to the same Belarus sport newspaper ( www.pressball.by )
He resigned cause he was RFA. UFA after this. Most likely will be traded at deadline. Maybe to Nashvile

As for signing here: they want to play together. They want it very bad, as they said it before. So we will see.

As for SK interview. I was going to translate it all and post it here but to much work at the moment. Didnt get around. Sorry.
What I liked much from his interview: " In Montreal players were getting in groups, in Nashville we are all together, we are the TEAM, and thats why other teams don't like as, because we don't have super stars, but we all even and we all work together for the success."

Yes, he said he would like 2 year deal, but 1 is good in that way that he needs to improve and get better contract next year.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
  #20
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Yes, AK really don't like it under Martin there. He said it himself. In video interview during WC this year to the same Belarus sport newspaper ( www.pressball.by )
He resigned cause he was RFA. UFA after this. Most likely will be traded at deadline. Maybe to Nashvile

As for signing here: they want to play together. They want it very bad, as they said it before. So we will see.

As for SK interview. I was going to translate it all and post it here but to much work at the moment. Didnt get around. Sorry.
What I liked much from his interview: " In Montreal players were getting in groups, in Nashville we are all together, we are the TEAM, and thats why other teams don't like as, because we don't have super stars, but we all even and we all work together for the success."

Yes, he said he would like 2 year deal, but 1 is good in that way that he needs to improve and get better contract next year.
Thank you very much. I would love to read the interview translated.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:52 PM
  #21
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I saw that the brothers' surname actually translates to Kascicyn . Wonder why they went with "Kostitsyn" instead? Ease of pronunciation? Ability to shorten to "****"? (my guess) I'll bet it's really pronounced Kuh skek sin but **** is much easier for line names than Skeeks.



I'd love to have both of them on the team and am glad that Sergei seems to have bought into the Nashville system and Nashville in general.

Edit: Wow, that's ***'d out.
Translation from Russian and Belarusian are different. For example his first name on Russian: "Сергей" - "Sergei"; on Belarusian: "Сяргей", not much different, but because of the letters sounds it turns into - "Siarhej"

Belarus is bilingual country( two official languages) so we have it in two languages in our passports.


Last edited by tserberis*: 07-20-2011 at 11:59 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:24 AM
  #22
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Nevermind, I tried to translate automatically. Hard to read, but I did indeed read the whole thing. Some nice things about Nashville.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ressball.by%2F

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
  #23
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
AK is the perfect fit for Nashville. Big body true sniper

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:50 AM
  #24
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
AK is the perfect fit for Nashville. Big body true sniper
Exactly

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:51 AM
  #25
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
AK is the perfect fit for Nashville. Big body true sniper
And he led Habs in hits last season and was second season before.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.