Notices

Jets ink 7 to AHL contracts

Old
07-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Canadienjet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
-Aliu will most likely play a 3rd or 4th line roll (before being sent down again ). I'd think Spencer will play top-line right wing.
-I may be wrong, but I think Klingberg has one more year in Finland due to a contract with Frölunda.
-I also think the D pairings are pretty much set, so Kulda/Postma will start in St. Johns.
-O'Dell is coming off major heart issues, though I believe he's rebounded well. Is he confirmed for St. Johns?
Our beat writer says O'Dell is ready to go but won't play much anyways.

Never heard that about Klingberg.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 08:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Nevermind about Klingberg. Looks like he did sign a contract, but can make the team with a strong camp.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Glad to see us stealing players from the Moose!

No word yet on what they are going to call the team but Moose 2.0 seems to fit.

Morrisson came from the Salmon Kings with very impressive record. The coach of Moose 2.0 is the former assistant coach of Moose 1.0 and Zinger is in there to oversee things.

I realize this 1.0 and 2.0 stuff may be annoying but it is only to clarify which Moose we are talking about.

I don't think they stole anybody from the Moose. These guys signed because they like the organization and management. I'm not knocking Nfld but these 7 players are following the leaders and if it means going to Nfld, so be it. If the Moose can attract players to Nfld, they should have no problem attracting players to Wpg.

It supports what we have been saying about TNSE being a class organization. Wpg has a bond with Moose 2.0 that I would say is unique. It is going to be an exciting year to watch the Jets and follow the Moose. Some of the Moose games will most likely be televised so we'll get to watch them as well.

-37-

White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
No word yet on what they are going to call the team but Moose 2.0 seems to fit.

Morrisson came from the Salmon Kings with very impressive record. The coach of Moose 2.0 is the former assistant coach of Moose 1.0 and Zinger is in there to oversee things.

I realize this 1.0 and 2.0 stuff may be annoying but it is only to clarify which Moose we are talking about.

I don't think they stole anybody from the Moose. These guys signed because they like the organization and management. I'm not knocking Nfld but these 7 players are following the leaders and if it means going to Nfld, so be it. If the Moose can attract players to Nfld, they should have no problem attracting players to Wpg.

It supports what we have been saying about TNSE being a class organization. Wpg has a bond with Moose 2.0 that I would say is unique. It is going to be an exciting year to watch the Jets and follow Moose. Some of the Moose games will most likely be televised so we'll get to watch them as well.

-37-
I think it's been established that the team will NOT be called the Moose. With the carnage on Newfoundland's Highways that collisions with Moose cause, it just has a negative connotation. The rumors around here suggest they are stuck on Ice Caps. Either way, that announcement has to be coming very very soon.

07-21-2011, 10:56 AM
thelos
Bunk

Yeah St. John's old senior teams were called the St. John's Caps, but Ice Caps just sounds like a tim hortons commercial.

I would wager that they will definitely have a promotion for free Ice Cap when the ice Caps score 5 goals or something

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:08 AM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
I think it's been established that the team will NOT be called the Moose. With the carnage on Newfoundland's Highways that collisions with Moose cause, it just has a negative connotation. The rumors around here suggest they are stuck on Ice Caps. Either way, that announcement has to be coming very very soon.
Ya, I realize that but was too lazy to type the Newfoundland No-Name Yet team.

-37-

Old
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
NFLDPower
Shi Shi Shawww

Glenn Stanford said no later than the end of next week for a team name. He said Reebok has alot of pressure on him from a merchandise standpoint.

NFLDPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNuCk#88 View Post
Glenn Stanford said no later than the end of next week for a team name. He said Reebok has alot of pressure on him from a merchandise standpoint.
I would think so. Reebok and other merchandice manufactures are getting a double whammy here. Jets and St John's.

There is another issue as well. This stuff is going to most likely be made off-shore and getting it through Customs can take time. It's not so much that there were would be anything wrong. It's just Customs does what Customs does at times.

-37-

Old
07-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
Jason Jaffray,Marco Rosa,Aaron Gangnon,McCardle will be the go to guys.
this is what i see as the issue. jaffray can be counted on for 50-60 points if he's healthy. he's getting older and probably won't get back to the point per game guy he was 3 or 4 years ago.

rosa is 28 and has never been close to being a point per game guy in the ahl. same deal with gagnon. 37 points in 58 games last year doesn't exactly scream excitement. mcardle has never been a big scorer at any level.

the team looks deep, i think the competition for roster spots will be fierce, but i don't see any ahl stars here at all.

maybe that's just how the ahl has changed since st. john's was last part of it. there's just not very many exciting players in the league anymore. the really good kids go straight to the nhl, and the older minor league vets go to europe.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote