HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL Part XVI

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2011, 11:41 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
I've got my fingers crossed for Daneyko on play-by-play.

EDIT: WAIT WAIT, CAN WE GIVE THEM GIANNONE?!?

RANGERS =
Old
07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I've got my fingers crossed for Daneyko on play-by-play.
That drunk?

Cangialosi/Chico may be literally the worst duo in the league, if for no other reason than they have some of the worst voices in the history of anything, ever

Old
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Maybe devils fan director Kevin Smith will get the job lmao
Maybe they can try his schtick and go with "Kevin and Silent Chico" as the TV team.

Old
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Stubhub. Ebay. Ticket exchange.

You'll be able to find tickets. Just a matter of how much you want to spend.

I think you're vastly underrating all of them.

They scored the lowest total in the league because they were absolutely awful for the first few months of the season. Brutally bad. It only makes sense they didn't score goals during that stretch. They also played without Parise who is basically a 35-40 goal guy forever.

Kovalchuk did quit on MacLean, but once Lemaire took over he was elite. It's not like he put up piss poor numbers last year. The last half of last season he was typical Kovalchuk.

I'm not concerned if Elias is actually scoring the goal. He put up 60 points last year. It's not relevant to me whether or not he was the guy who actually put the puck in the net.

Zajac had a bad year last year without Parise, but the two years before that he had 62 and 67. I'd expect similar numbers with Zach back full time.

Josefson already is a good player IMO. I think he'll be a solid role player on that team. And I'd trade MZA for Tedenby in a milisecond and run away laughing.

If your only comment about Zubrus is he's getting old and best suited on the third line you didn't watch him enough last year. He was an absolute monster at times last year and can play with basically anyone. Very underrated player.

Rolston was waived last year because of his cap hit and the cap hell the Devils were going through because of the Kovy signing. Was he any good when they were terrible during the beginning of the year? No he was awful. But everyone on that team was awful. That's why they were so bad. Like everyone else, he really turned it on the end of the year. Is he a player I'd want on my team? Not really, but if he plays the way he did towards the end of last year he can still be a very effective player. Especially with that shot on the power play.

Steckel and the others are fourth liners. Not really important.
Parise went down and the whole team went disfunctional. **** happens. The Rangers had numerous injuries to forwards--Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan, Prospal and still functioned. The Devils were an old team up front--they're less old now--and really never established a forecheck for the entire year. Didn't have the speed or energy and not enough forwards to battle along the walls and in the corners. Lemaire returned and implemented their old trap style which played away from their forecheck weakness and to a more counterattacking neutral zone game--turning games into not very exciting chess game defensive battles. Is this what the Devils need to do to stay competitive?

Parise being back should give Kovalchuk more room but he needs to start working with his linemates. Will they score more goals than last year? Undoubtedly. How could things get any worse? But I expect their offense to be a bit anemic--and their defense not any better.

We've heard about DeBoer be a good strategy and tactics guy however one constant complaint from Panthers fans is his pwp always sucked. He has a bit more to work with here with Kovalchuk and Parise. We shall see I guess.

Old
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
mullichicken25

i can not stand listening to doc

i dont get why everyone has such a boner for him

Old
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
That drunk?

Cangialosi/Chico may be literally the worst duo in the league, if for no other reason than they have some of the worst voices in the history of anything, ever
I just realized you wrote SOME of the worst, but I just have to say that no one will have a worse voice than Rick Jeanneret, ever.

Old
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I just realized you wrote SOME of the worst, but I just have to say that no one will have a worse voice than Rick Jeanneret, ever.
You'll get no argument from me.

When I hear him it's like when someone types alternating caps/lowercase:

"DeReK RoY wInS iT iN OoOoOoOoOoOvErTiIiIiIiIiIiImE!"

God he's terrible.

Old
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
nyrfan1026

cangialosi is brutal i feel bad for the devils fans if he gets the job... just listening to him go HE SCOAARES! makes me want to throw a rock at the tv

like so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHyIIm2QdT8

Old
07-21-2011, 02:10 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post

I don't get it either. I knew something was up when one of my friends who doesn't really like hockey watched a game with Emrick and he was like "this guy is amazing!". Emrick aggravates me b/c I don't like the incessant yelling. Please just call a game and spare me the theatrics. That said, the possible replacements are far, far worse (assuming they will promote from within).

Old
07-21-2011, 02:17 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I remember Doc from his days with Bill Clement in Philly.

Some of you young ones may not remember Doc doing spot play-by-play for the Rangers on the radio on nights Marv Albert had Knicks games. I always liked him and he's one of the few announcers who are as nice and humble in person as they seem on the air.

If Gary Thorne comes back, I just might have to become a closet Devils fan like I was in the late 80s.
Ahhhh, the infamous Broten-Muller-Verbeek line. Something about the way Thorne used to say their names made it hard to root against them

Old
07-21-2011, 02:21 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post

Amen. The list of why he sucks is so long I can't believe it's even a discussion. "He knifes it forward. The puck careens out of the zone" On. Every. Single. Play. Nails on a chalkboard annoying.

Old
07-21-2011, 02:27 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
You'll get no argument from me.

When I hear him it's like when someone types alternating caps/lowercase:

"DeReK RoY wInS iT iN OoOoOoOoOoOvErTiIiIiIiIiIiImE!"

God he's terrible.
nnnnnnDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Stafford!

Old
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Amen. The list of why he sucks is so long I can't believe it's even a discussion. "He knifes it forward. The puck careens out of the zone" On. Every. Single. Play. Nails on a chalkboard annoying.
exactly

i dont care how many different synonyms he knows for the word "bounce"

just call the damn game nut job

Old
07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
OverTheCap

I'm not the biggest Doc fan, but it's going to be really weird to tune into Devils games and not hear his high-pitched squeals.

Cangialosi and Chico are a nightmarish combination. Sucks for Devils fans. If Sam Rosen retired today and Giannone took over, I would be pissed as well ("score from the side!").

Old
07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I remember Doc from his days with Bill Clement in Philly.

Some of you young ones may not remember Doc doing spot play-by-play for the Rangers on the radio on nights Marv Albert had Knicks games. I always liked him and he's one of the few announcers who are as nice and humble in person as they seem on the air.
Yep. I met him during a preseason game (Devils/Rangers; Gilroy goal game), and when I said it was an honor to meet him, he was pretty shocked.

I also had a legitimate conversation with Joe Mich that day -- much smarter than he seems on air.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
07-21-2011, 02:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Doc is a nice guy but I don't like the way he does PBP. HE DRIVES, SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Also Joe Mich is not nearly as bad as some of you make him out to be. That's right, I said it. He's completely tolerable when it comes to the other annoying color guys around the league, and more tolerable than some PBP guys (Jack Edwards, RJ, etc.)

Old
07-21-2011, 03:24 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Best play by play announcers for hockey right now:

Gary Thorne
Doc

Everyone else

Old
07-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Gary Thorne
Doc

Everyone else
As mentioned above, the driving and scars that Doc mentions leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I switched from the NBC feed to listen to Jim Hughson of CBC during the Bruins-Nucks series. Gary Thorne is nice, Hughson is also good, same with Bob Cole, even if he is a bit old.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

Gary Thorne
Doc

Everyone else
Gary Thorne has the best announcing voice, but when it comes to hockey knowledge, i think half the ppl on this board know WAY more than he does....just listen to the way he mispronounces names in NHL09, etc. his voice is best bar none...nobody can get you amped like he can...but he doesnt know his stuff.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
eco's bones

Marv Albert and Sal Messina were the best ever. Sam Rosen is fine. I don't care for Emrick or Thorne. Peter McNab as a color guy was the best the Devils ever had. Worst ever--Rick Jeanrette.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
best PBP team ever is Sam and JD

/thread

Old
07-21-2011, 04:44 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Gary Thorne has the best announcing voice, but when it comes to hockey knowledge, i think half the ppl on this board know WAY more than he does....just listen to the way he mispronounces names in NHL09, etc. his voice is best bar none...nobody can get you amped like he can...but he doesnt know his stuff.

Brandon Proost and Michael Del Zoe-Toe.

Love the way he announces the game but the mispronunciation annoys me to no end.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Brandon Proost and Michael Del Zoe-Toe.

Love the way he announces the game but the mispronunciation annoys me to no end.
it makes me everytime

Old
07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

True, but his inflections are so great.

FEDOTAYNKO!

Old
07-21-2011, 05:14 PM
azrok22

This is how Tomas Kaberle spent his day with the Stanley Cup.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2104992/

Closed Thread