HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Digital Art thread (Shops, Requests, Videos)

Old
07-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Would unrestricted free agency make him play more consistently? Maybe he is one of those players who waits until UFA status looms on the horizon to play as he would be able to.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
best offensive forward, 70 points... I am die hard Habs fan, but I had to laugh at this one.

Over a 82 game schedule, Patches will have more points than AK.

He's a good bottom 9 player, not top 6.

I wish I was wrong, but all you have to do is look at his body of work...and it's not just the stats.
Well, you were wrong for a couple of years now when you said many times that he wouldn't stick on this team. When you talk about AK it seems like you haven't watched a Habs game in years. Just because the guy is big and he doesn't have the skating style of Tom Pyatt, it doesn't mean that he's not trying. Last year he did everything on the ice and was one of our most steady forwards after Pleks. It sickens me that people still talk about him like all he's got is a wicked wrist shot.

Nice tribute by the way.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Jigger77

Amazes me this guy isn't a PPG player. Speed, skills, size, amazing shot...

All up to him how good he wants to be in this league.

Last edited by Jigger77: 07-21-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Pleky Roks

I'm glad we re-signed Andrei...he's a beast!!

I think with more icetime and playing with better players, he'll blossom very soon!! He improved his overall game a lot last season by skating harder and hitting more. When he uses his size he is very effective.

He just needs to get in better shape, be able to skate hard for longer and everything will fall into place.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
All your videos need is play by play, it gets boring four minutes in.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Talks to Goalposts

I was greatly amused by AK making Chara look like a chump on the Boston goal.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
Well, you were wrong for a couple of years now when you said many times that he wouldn't stick on this team. When you talk about AK it seems like you haven't watched a Habs game in years. Just because the guy is big and he doesn't have the skating style of Tom Pyatt, it doesn't mean that he's not trying. Last year he did everything on the ice and was one of our most steady forwards after Pleks. It sickens me that people still talk about him like all he's got is a wicked wrist shot.

Nice tribute by the way.
One of our most steadiest forwards.... lmao... if showing up for one out of six games is steady, you're RIGHT!

But you keep believing what you want.

Nice Compliation Though!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Pretty clear AK and Eller have to play together.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
One of our most steadiest forwards.... lmao... if showing up for one out of six games is steady, you're RIGHT!

Nice Compliation Though!
So, if AK showed up every night, he would finish with ~250 points...?

Wow, Crosby shows up every night and has a hard time getting 125, AK is easily twice as skilled as Crosby!

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:41 PM
newtown33

I like AK...he doesn't get a lot of ice time and is pretty much never on the power play but still get his 45-55 pts each year. I wish we sign him (or Umberger but it's gonna hard to get him July 1) next year between 4,0-4,5 millions.

Those players are hard to find July 1 nowadays.
Please Gauthier don't let him walk away for free...if he doesn't fit with our new identity at least trade him for something!

newtown33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:50 PM
PK76

Quote:

Nice Compliation Though!
Instead of just repeating what I said and disagreeing, tell us who was more steady?

No skills Darche? Or maybe Cammalleri? Hopefully the playoff version, though.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:56 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post

Wow, Crosby shows up every night and has a hard time getting 125, AK is easily twice as skilled as Crosby!
Good post.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post

Don't bother, the guy is clearly a hater. Always using the same cliche. He's Kovalev v.2.0, he shows up one game out of 6, he's lazy, he wants to go back to Russia etc...

AK last year with Plek, Eller was around a 0.7PPG. He would have got around 55 pts if he played all season with these two guys. He has something like 0 pts in 15 games with Gomez. 55 pts for AK is more than expected for AK. But again, even if he gets 55 pts.. the hater, such as nhf will say that he could easily get 150 pts, cause apparently, he is just as good as Crosby, better than Datsyuk and Zett.. but because AK works only 1 game out of 6.. he's a ****ing lazy euro.

nyhabsfan said he plays one game out of 6, pretty proves that he didn't watch the games last season last season. AK with Plek and Eller was pretty consistent. Not always, but he was a legit top 6 player.

People forget that AK is on top 4 in almost every offensive category. Christ he only have one pt less than the Captain... just as many game winning goal... and apparently, he did that by playing 1 game out of 6.. which mean around 13 games a season. Righttt..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
The Video should only work after the fifth or sixth click, just like when Kostitsyn shows up every fifth or sixth game.

When he has another gear besides "gliding", shows some sense of urgency in EVERY game he plays and can actually have recieve a pass on his stick, THEN I'll become a fan.

Right now AK = Kovy 2.0

Amen. Nothing but the truth, I just don't get the love fest he's been getting around here since this year.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
hotcarle

I'm optimistic him and Eller and someone else can be a good 3rd line that will be capable of putting up points. Kostitsyn is unpredictable though...who knows what'll happen

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Amen. Nothing but the truth, I just don't get the love fest he's been getting around here since this year.
Seriously, what do you expect from AK this season. Or last season?

Just a quick reminder. If you go check the "what do you expect from Erik Cole next season", people are expecting 20-25-50pts season. 150 hits. For a guy that we paid 4.5M$. Well, that is exactly what AK gave us last season, making 3.25M$ but that still isn't enough for some people.

I don't really don't get the hate AK is getting. We were a better team with him than without him last season. He help us win last season. Something I can't say about Gomez. We were something like 17-1-1 when AK scores.

So maybe you guys show lower your expectation and realizes that he's a 45-55 pts guy that will score 20-25 goals per season.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post

Nice video by the way OP, can't wait to see what type of season Kostitsyn will have next year playing with Eller and hopefully DD.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
TheBuriedHab

Wow, that video teases you so much with his raw talent. If AK and Eller can really click on the third line we are going to be a force.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 01:59 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
Instead of just repeating what I said and disagreeing, tell us who was more steady?

No skills Darche? Or maybe Cammalleri? Hopefully the playoff version, though.
Steady

Gionta
White
Eller
Cammalleri
Everyone Else Except Gomez

Seriously you have to be JOKING if you think Kostistyn is nothing more than LAZY on mist nights and dis-interested on others. Everyone who knows hockey sees his onconsistency for the last four years.... he got talent but little heart and issues between his ears.

The guys has the same intensity in a pre-season game and a game 7!

If he was so consistent, why is Eric Cole taking his spot on the top 6?

Some of you really need to take a look at his game!

How many of the plays in the offensive zone end with him?
How many times do his hits result in a turnover or a scoring chance?
How many times does the puck hit his stick and he can't control the pass?

I've missed maybe a dozen games over the last five years, the guy has hand of STONE when it comes to receving a pass.

I won't even comment on the joke of a post that Kostitsyn is more talented than Crosby.... dear lord, talk about balantant homerism.

Hey you want to cheer for the guy, be my guest, I think he'll sulk on the third line and will be trade bait at the trading deadline.

Let's see how that plays out.

Old
07-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
Anyone saying that AK doesn't show up every night obviously hasn't been watching since he got paired up with Eller. Those two are extremely good for each other

Also, would a guy like AK who apparently "doesn't care", put himself in harm's way to block a Chara slap shot? If memory serves, that's how he got hurt in the playoffs.

Accept it, the old, lazy Andrei Kostitsyn you once knew died the day his brother got shipped off to Nashville

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Don't bother, the guy is clearly a hater. Always using the same cliche. He's Kovalev v.2.0, he shows up one game out of 6, he's lazy, he wants to go back to Russia etc...

AK last year with Plek, Eller was around a 0.7PPG. He would have got around 55 pts if he played all season with these two guys. He has something like 0 pts in 15 games with Gomez. 55 pts for AK is more than expected for AK. But again, even if he gets 55 pts.. the hater, such as nhf will say that he could easily get 150 pts, cause apparently, he is just as good as Crosby, better than Datsyuk and Zett.. but because AK works only 1 game out of 6.. he's a ****ing lazy euro.

nyhabsfan said he plays one game out of 6, pretty proves that he didn't watch the games last season last season. AK with Plek and Eller was pretty consistent. Not always, but he was a legit top 6 player.

People forget that AK is on top 4 in almost every offensive category. Christ he only have one pt less than the Captain... just as many game winning goal... and apparently, he did that by playing 1 game out of 6.. which mean around 13 games a season. Righttt..
I knew you were his brother Sergi...now I have proof.

If he is all that in a bag of chips...then why did he move from the top 6 to the bottom 6?

I've watched more games that you have in your lifetime, unless you became a Habs fan befoer 1975.
Thanks

Old
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Jigger77

It's not that he doesn't care or that he's lazy. It's that he doesn't bring his A game every night. The effort is there, just looks to me like a focus problem which results in moves that cut your icetime and inconsistency.

To me if you don't like the icetime you're getting you and only you go out there and make sure the coach doesn't have a choice but to put you on those PP and give you those big minutes. Don't worry about the icetime others are getting go out there and earn yours. It's all you can do. I think that's what we don't see from Andrei. I would never call him lazy though, just inconsistent because of a lack of preparation/focus. He just does weird things out there sometimes or like his mind is somewhere else.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:08 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Steady

Gionta
White
Eller
Cammalleri
Everyone Else Except Gomez

Seriously you have to be JOKING if you think Kostistyn is nothing more than LAZY on mist nights and dis-interested on others. Everyone who knows hockey sees his onconsistency for the last four years.... he got talent but little heart and issues between his ears.

The guys has the same intensity in a pre-season game and a game 7!

If he was so consistent, why is Eric Cole taking his spot on the top 6?

Some of you really need to take a look at his game!

How many of the plays in the offensive zone end with him?
How many times do his hits result in a turnover or a scoring chance?
How many times does the puck hit his stick and he can't control the pass?

I've missed maybe a dozen games over the last five years, the guy has hand of STONE when it comes to receving a pass.

I won't even comment on the joke of a post that Kostitsyn is more talented than Crosby.... dear lord, talk about balantant homerism.

Hey you want to cheer for the guy, be my guest, I think he'll sulk on the third line and will be trade bait at the trading deadline.

Let's see how that plays out.
Are you talking about cammalleri? If you take off his playoffs, he was easily the worst player in our top 6. Gionta wasn't any better for a good part of the season. The only guys you MAY call consistent or steady last season were Plecks and Price. The rest all had a pretty average year.

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Nashville fans apparently already have him penciled into their lineup for next year. I really hope we don't let AK walk for nothing at the end of the year. If he's going to go to Nashville get Geoffrion from them.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Are you talking about cammalleri? If you take off his playoffs, he was easily the worst player in our top 6. Gionta wasn't any better for a good part of the season. The only guys you MAY call consistent or steady last season were Plecks and Price. The rest all had a pretty average year.

Ummm... but when did he step it up...when it COUNTED!!!!!!

In the Playoffs....and tell me again what Ak has done in the playoffs for the last TWO years?

Thanks for making my point.