HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Digital Art thread (Shops, Requests, Videos)

Old
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Seriously, what do you expect from AK this season. Or last season?

Just a quick reminder. If you go check the "what do you expect from Erik Cole next season", people are expecting 20-25-50pts season. 150 hits. For a guy that we paid 4.5M$. Well, that is exactly what AK gave us last season, making 3.25M$ but that still isn't enough for some people.

I don't really don't get the hate AK is getting. We were a better team with him than without him last season. He help us win last season. Something I can't say about Gomez. We were something like 17-1-1 when AK scores.

So maybe you guys show lower your expectation and realizes that he's a 45-55 pts guy that will score 20-25 goals per season.
I expect Kostitsyn to give a constant effort, something he does when the coach puts him on the bottom lines. If he puts everything on his side, Kostitsyn can become more than a marginal 40 pts player.

It's not because Gomez had a horrendous season that Kostitsyn is allowed to be mediocre. And it's not because Cole got overpaid for being a UFA and Kostitsyn makes less money that he's not expected to be better than him. Just the fact that you bring up those irrelevant arguments show that people love him 'cause others seem to hate him. People are settling for mediocrity, just like he does.

If Kostitsyn showed passion and determination he would've had a longer contract, despite of being a very streaky scorer. But as the inconsistant player that he is, effort-wise, he does not deserve more.

Edit: Nice montage OP.

Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 07-21-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:16 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Nashville fans apparently already have him penciled into their lineup for next year. I really hope we don't let AK walk for nothing at the end of the year. If he's going to go to Nashville get Geoffrion from them.
I would love to trade AK for Carter Ashton or a Brandon Sutter type player, grit, character and lots of upside.

We're a rising team, we need to add players to compliment Eller,Patches, DD, etc....not guys who have reached their ceiling... of course I'm not mentioning names.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Hope Kostitstyn will have a good season with Eller, even if it means that Kostitsyn could be traded at the deadline.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I knew you were his brother Sergi...now I have proof.

If he is all that in a bag of chips...then why did he move from the top 6 to the bottom 6?

I've watched more games that you have in your lifetime, unless you became a Habs fan befoer 1975.
Thanks
I'm actually surprised that you are that old with the level of maturity in your post.

Now I have proof that you either didn't watch the game last season or just don't understand it. Why AK played on the bottom 6? Because Gomez was absolute Garbage. You didn't see that did you.

AK played 8 games with Gomez before Martin put him with Eller, he had 0g, 0a -8 with Gomez-. He was then put with Eller and start producing again at a ppg rate despite playing 12min a game instead of 17-18. See, that proves youre just a hater. Instead of giving him credit for playing better after being "demoted", you are wondering why he's on the bottom 6.

Again if you put aside the 15 games AK played with Gomez past season where he had like 1 assist, he had a good season on the wing of Plek and Eller.

You like to play the question game. Here's some for you.

Who has the most game winning goal last season?
Who has the most hit?
Who is in the top 4 in almost offensive category.

Look then guy is making 3M and giving us 20 goals in the last 4 seasons(he actually had 15 last year but in only 59 games)

You are a hater. Stop concentrating on when a puck bounces on his stick and enjoy when he scores or put Chara on his ass instead.

Anyways, want to believe or not, he wasma valuable player for us last season. His 6 gwg proves it. The team winning 17 games out of 19 proves hit. Being the only guy that can distribute big hit in our top 6 when MP is not there is also something that we should credit him too.

Last edited by Stradale: 07-21-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

haha looks like i started a war

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Habsland35

Quote:
Seriously, what do you expect from AK this season. Or last season?

Just a quick reminder. If you go check the "what do you expect from Erik Cole next season", people are expecting 20-25-50pts season. 150 hits. For a guy that we paid 4.5M$. Well, that is exactly what AK gave us last season, making 3.25M$ but that still isn't enough for some people.

I don't really don't get the hate AK is getting. We were a better team with him than without him last season. He help us win last season. Something I can't say about Gomez. We were something like 17-1-1 when AK scores.

So maybe you guys show lower your expectation and realizes that he's a 45-55 pts guy that will score 20-25 goals per season.
thank you for pointing this out

When Cole was Ak's age he had not one 20 goal season under his belt while AK has 3 already and this year he did it with BARLEY ANY TIME ON THE POWERPLAY

while like everyone else, i am extremely happy that the Habs signed Cole but, i don't understand how some of the same people who are happy with that signing aren't happy with AK

AK has has become more defensively responsible this year and a lot more physical...this year was by far his best year overall and hes just going to get better

i think most people are expecting from AK this year around the same numbers as cole...20-25 goals, 50-55 points

yet one is making 3.25 and is 26 years old and the other is making 4.5 and is 32 years of age

Habsland35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 04:17 PM
PATCHESx67

people seem to forget AK switches lines every 5 games,he was doing real good with cammy and pleks and then JM decides to put him with Gomez who was struggling

Andrei has a wickeeeeed shot big body and uses it,deff a player we need and i like

nice video btw

PATCHESx67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
haha looks like i started a war
You didn't. A hater started it.

Old
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Jakomyte

People who hate on Kostitsyn either expect too much for him, or just don't like him for their own weird personal reasons. The guy is just one of the offensive forwards on this team, so his job is to chip in consistently throughout the year, as well as step up from time to time to help carry a more consistent load when needed.

Its easy to forget that Kostitsyn not only had decent goal/point totals last year, but there were a few stretches of games where he really stepped up and was a major factor in winning multiple games:

10 pts in 8 games from Oct 9 to Oct 27
9 pts in 7 games from Feb 22 to Mar 8

Our team does not have a legit superstar, so we'll need all of our offensive guys to help carry the load throughout the season. Kostitsyn shouldn't be expected to be on fire all year, as that would be too much to ask of any of our players. But if he, along with the other 5 or 6 key offensive guys on the team can each be fairly consistent during the season, along with 2 or 3 hot streaks, then we should be in good shape.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Anyone saying that AK doesn't show up every night obviously hasn't been watching since he got paired up with Eller. Those two are extremely good for each other

Also, would a guy like AK who apparently "doesn't care", put himself in harm's way to block a Chara slap shot? If memory serves, that's how he got hurt in the playoffs.

Accept it, the old, lazy Andrei Kostitsyn you once knew died the day his brother got shipped off to Nashville
I agree, Andrei tried a lot harder last year

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 07:11 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
People mistake a shaky confidence with a lack of effort.

We have to live with the fact that when Andrei gets hot, he's an unstoppable talent.
When he gets cold, he's frustrating because you just witnessed 10 games where he was scoring 2 points a game..

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
The AK46 bashing has absolutely got to stop.

The man led the team in hits, added among the most goals on the team, and that was all with having Gomez at his side for most of the season.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
What many of you people always seem to forget is 40 goal men come to Montreal to be 25 goal men. Erik Cole is going to be learning this phenomena very shortly.

So as long as you guys don't go bat-you-know-what crazy when Kostitsyn pots 43 for Nashville next year, fine with me. His production as a Hab has been absolutely fine.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
habtastic

always been a steadfast AK fan. Jersey n all and yeah, people are blinded by the propaganda against him. If you'll remember, even L'Antichambre were fans of AK last year. He barely gets ice time and you could put 13 on his back and people wouldn't say a thing. Go AK46!!! Thanks for the video.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If people loved Kovalev so much, then you should really love Kostitsyn.

Highly skilled, streaky player, but has more heart and hits.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
People mistake a shaky confidence with a lack of effort.

We have to live with the fact that when Andrei gets hot, he's an unstoppable talent.
When he gets cold, he's frustrating because you just witnessed 10 games where he was scoring 2 points a game..
Well Kostitsyn is (bela)Russian, so for most ignorant people he will always be a lazy player. That's how things work. If you are Russian, you have to bring a superstar production, else you don't care.

Best example is Cammalleri this year. For the most part of the season he was worst than Kostitsyn, bringing absolutely nothing when he was off his game and having more bad nights (of course he is better offensively but he is also paid accordingly, and I like Mike, but every players except 80pts+ are inconsistent) but he's never seen as a player who ''lack heart''. He is canadian. He is either playing with an injury, coming off an injury, totally unlucky, or he has a shaky confidence.

It's really sad, and the majority of fans won't even admit it, but it's true. Just like P.K. Subban gets labelled as a cocky and disrespectul rookie.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:03 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If people loved Kovalev so much, then you should really love Kostitsyn.

Highly skilled, streaky player, but has more heart and hits.
Andrei isn't anywhere near as entertaining to watch even when he's on as Kovalev was. Kovalev just thought of doing something and it got done like it was nothing. Shame his brain wasn't big enough for more thoughts.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Kostitsyn is a pure talent that doesn't necessarily always translate into a pure hockey player.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:34 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

He's even gonna be better this year on a 3rd line with PP time.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 05:17 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

im glad you guys all enjoyed the video im currently working on another 2011-2012 season preview video with higher quality clips and with some of the new players we have added

i should have it ready soon ...

if you haven't already please go subscribe i would really appreciate it

Old
07-22-2011, 05:22 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
You didn't. A hater started it.
Someone has a different opinion of than you and he's a hater... Ya talk about maturity.
we'll see how this plays out.
Still no answer on if why he's not going to be a top 6 forward, so I'll give it to you.

total lack of effort

IF you REALLY look closely last year, it was ELLER busting his hump to make that line click.

It was Eller who passed AK TWICE on one shift on the back check..

But hey I'm talking to people who see the talent, not the complete player, so like I said let's see what happens this year.

Last edited by nyhabsfan: 07-22-2011 at 05:31 AM.
nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:41 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Andrei Kostitsyn Video Is Up

Currently Working On A 2011-2012 Season Preview Video

Old
07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Someone has a different opinion of than you and he's a hater... Ya talk about maturity.
we'll see how this plays out.
Still no answer on if why he's not going to be a top 6 forward, so I'll give it to you.

total lack of effort

IF you REALLY look closely last year, it was ELLER busting his hump to make that line click.

It was Eller who passed AK TWICE on one shift on the back check..

But hey I'm talking to people who see the talent, not the complete player, so like I said let's see what happens this year.
Come on man. I saw your post in EVERY AK thread and every time is the same busll**** cliche. Its not a different opinion. Take a look at this thread, you're almost the only that can't accept AK were a valuable player for us. You can't see AK problem is not the lack of effort but consistency. You can't even credit him for his 20goals, 45 pts 6 winning goals, 140 hits. You can't see AK is giving an effort. You can't see when AK backchecks. You can't see when he blocks a shot from the guy with the hardest shot in the NHL that put him out for the game. You can't give him credit for playing well when he's demoted on the 3rd and 4th line (because yes he did play with Halpern last season and he did well). So yeah, don't even pretend that you're simply a guy that has a different opinion. You are clearly a hater.

First, the season hasn't started yet, did you read JM's mind by saying AK is NOT gonna be on the top 6. Second, even if he doesn't start on the top 6, that doesn't mean he's getting punished or not good enough. It just mean that we finally have some good depth offensively. You can't even understand that? Like seriously? And you dare come here and talk like a guy that watched hockey for over 30 years?

Total lacks of effort? See, another proof that you are a hater or simply ignorant. Again, AK problem is not the lack of effort. If you think I'm his brother or lover or anything immature that you can come up with. Go make a thread between AK is a lazy guy or simply and inconsistent guy that loses his focus when he struggles. You willl see what Habs fans think.

Old
07-22-2011, 08:26 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Come on man. I saw your post in EVERY AK thread and every time is the same busll**** cliche. Its not a different opinion. Take a look at this thread, you're almost the only that can't accept AK were a valuable player for us. You can't see AK problem is not the lack of effort but consistency. You can't even credit him for his 20goals, 45 pts 6 winning goals, 140 hits. You can't see AK is giving an effort. You can't see when AK backchecks. You can't see when he blocks a shot from the guy with the hardest shot in the NHL that put him out for the game. You can't give him credit for playing well when he's demoted on the 3rd and 4th line (because yes he did play with Halpern last season and he did well). So yeah, don't even pretend that you're simply a guy that has a different opinion. You are clearly a hater.

First, the season hasn't started yet, did you read JM's mind by saying AK is NOT gonna be on the top 6. Second, even if he doesn't start on the top 6, that doesn't mean he's getting punished or not good enough. It just mean that we finally have some good depth offensively. You can't even understand that? Like seriously? And you dare come here and talk like a guy that watched hockey for over 30 years?

Total lacks of effort? See, another proof that you are a hater or simply ignorant. Again, AK problem is not the lack of effort. If you think I'm his brother or lover or anything immature that you can come up with. Go make a thread between AK is a lazy guy or simply and inconsistent guy that loses his focus when he struggles. You willl see what Habs fans think.

This... I Love Akost One Of My Favorites

Old
07-22-2011, 08:48 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
I would love to trade AK for Carter Ashton or a Brandon Sutter type player, grit, character and lots of upside.

We're a rising team, we need to add players to compliment Eller,Patches, DD, etc....not guys who have reached their ceiling... of course I'm not mentioning names.
Sutter sure is a player with a lot of grit.. I know, just with this comment, that you don't watch hockey.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote