HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Pronman is their prospect guy. He definitely has his own, non-mainstream opinions about players so I take him with a grain of salt but he backs up his opinions with observations and is really good about answering questions. He's gone on record a few times with not liking the Habs current prospect group although he loves Beauleiu and Yemelin. Not so much fond of Tinordi, Weber, Kristo and Leblanc.
Guess I won't be reading any of other reports on our prospects although there's not anyone else I read for Hab prospect stuff anyway other then on this board mostly for our CHL guys that I don't get to see much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
BTW, JT Miller de-commit from North Dakota and will play for Plymouth in the ohl. Great news for Mark MacMillan who's going to get more ice time
It's going to be interesting to see how things shake out, if they try and bring in someone that wasn't set to come in till 2012. Either way they will have a lot of Freshman forwards so MacMillan will get ice time if he deserves it. Wouldn't be shocked if he was used on the wing though, since they have Knight, Lamoureux, Nelson and I assume Grimaldi as the final center.

Old
07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
yessir
I LOVE all the video you make about prospect Haha

Hell of a job!

Old
07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
BTW, JT Miller de-commit from North Dakota and will play for Plymouth in the ohl. Great news for Mark MacMillan who's going to get more ice time
Makes me want JT Miller now. Plymouth is the power forward/grit factory of the CHL.

EDIT : Just noticed that James Livingston was signed by San Jose after his rights were released by St-Louis . Should've given him a shot.

Last edited by Em Ancien: 07-14-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old
07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He'll never even come close to 30 goals in the NHL, ever. The thing you are missing is that Kreider at 18 was physically pretty close to what he will be 3-4 years later, while Leblanc plays a mature game but his frame is still raw(was 170-175 lbs when drafted) and needs to fill out to allow him to have success playing his gritty style. LeBlanc at 195-200lbs will be a top 6 NHLer.
So far he hasnt shown that he will be a top 6. So far he looks like a Dougie Risebrough in the making which isnt a bad thing. Playoff warriors are important.

Old
07-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I believe I read Sullivan isn't going to Yale until next year (2012-13) so I believe he's staying at Avon Farm... Old Farm... State Farm... Whatever it's called.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:35 AM
GoHomez

Since the Development Camp thread is drifting into oblivion I'll post a short interview with Magnus Nygren in here although it's mainly on said camp.

Quote:
Magnus Nygren, 21, was somewhat surprising, not least to himself, drafted already in the fourth round by the classic NHL team Montreal Canadiens.
Over the past week he has been at the club's development camp.
- It's been a hell of a tough week, he tells VF sport.

After the success in the playoffs with ten points in 14 games, Magnus Nygren signed a new two-year contract with Farjestad. And despite Montreal's interest, he will remain in Sweden and the top division.

- I am focused on doing at least another season in Farjestad, said the talented defenceman.

- We talked a little about what would be best for me, to play in the AHL or the SEL and we agreed it's best if I remain in Farjestad. It feels good that we agree on that, he continues.

But the dream of playing in the NHL is very much alive.

- The dream has always been huge, but now I know a little more what it takes, he says after the week in Canada.

He also notes:

- It's a long way to go. You just have to work hard and be humble. I look forward to a fun season in Farjestad. Last season I came into the team without any pressure, now I've got a little more to prove

And he knows that he will bring some important lessons from the intense week in Canada (he returned to Sweden late on Sunday).

- It's been a hell of a tough week with two gym sessions, two ice sessions and theory sessions a day. But while there has been very instructive, it has definitely been a positive experience, says Nygren.

Something that you feel made ​​you a better hockey player?

- Yes, absolutely. We had a skating coach there that was filming us so we could go through what we needed to do better and what was good that we could continue. Then there was some exercises in the gym that I will continue doing.

Old
07-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
Since the Development Camp thread is drifting into oblivion I'll post a short interview with Magnus Nygren in here although it's mainly on said camp.
He had one heck of a breakout season by the numbers. In points per game for regular season and playoffs adjusted to league he had more production than Yemelin or Diaz, and outscored highly touted prospect Tim Erixon who he is only half a year older than. Its easy to see from that why he was worth a 4th rounder. Now I guess the question is whether that was just catching lightning in a bottle or if he is a real talent.

Old
07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I believe I read Sullivan isn't going to Yale until next year (2012-13) so I believe he's staying at Avon Farm... Old Farm... State Farm... Whatever it's called.
He could also go to the ejhl

Old
07-15-2011, 10:56 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pepperidge farm?

Old
07-15-2011, 11:09 AM
ChoseLa

Mathurin's Farm?

Old
07-15-2011, 12:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He could also go to the ejhl
I don't see why he would though, would rather see him stay in the NEPSIHA then go to EJHL which is tier III Junior A.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:10 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't see why he would though, would rather see him stay in the NEPSIHA then go to EJHL which is tier III Junior A.
Oh, i was under the impresson EJHL was better than Prep School

Old
07-15-2011, 04:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Oh, i was under the impresson EJHL was better than Prep School
It didn't use to be and it's my understanding that it's still not. If he couldn't get a walk on in the USHL, I'd rather see him in tier II in the NAHL (Conboy played there before the USHL, as it's a level down from the USHL which is tier I)

When I played in the USHS, I played against one of the teams from the EJHL, the junior flyers. Never heard of any of their players getting drafted but I know at least one guy that got drafted from the league I played in (he was drafted by the Habs actually)

Old
07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
It didn't use to be and it's my understanding that it's still not. If he couldn't get a walk on in the USHL, I'd rather see him in tier II in the NAHL (Conboy played there before the USHL, as it's a level down from the USHL which is tier I)

When I played in the USHS, I played against one of the teams from the EJHL, the junior flyers. Never heard of any of their players getting drafted but I know at least one guy that got drafted from the league I played in (he was drafted by the Habs actually)
I don't know if the EJHL is all that strong. A few teams have some d-1 commits, but for the most part, it's ex-prep school guys looking for exposure to d-3 schools and coaches.

Old
07-15-2011, 05:13 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Did Charlie Coyle played in that league in his draft year ? i believe so but anyway thanks Dan

Old
07-16-2011, 01:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Did Charlie Coyle played in that league in his draft year ? i believe so but anyway thanks Dan
Yes he did, can't recall too many players getting drafted out of there. He was 5th on his team in scoring that year. I know he played for Thayer before that in the USHS, they have a very well known program in the prep league, so I don't know why he left there for the South Shore Kings but from what I understand he bounced around between schools each year playing for two different HS teams and one EJHL before going to BU.

It will be interesting to hear where Sullivan ends up playing.

Old
07-17-2011, 07:10 PM
sfo

Quote:
Guess I won't be reading any of other reports on our prospects although there's not anyone else I read for Hab prospect stuff anyway other then on this board mostly for our CHL guys that I don't get to see much.

It's going to be interesting to see how things shake out, if they try and bring in someone that wasn't set to come in till 2012. Either way they will have a lot of Freshman forwards so MacMillan will get ice time if he deserves it. Wouldn't be shocked if he was used on the wing though, since they have Knight, Lamoureux, Nelson and I assume Grimaldi as the final center.
Just jumping in on this subject since I know a little about the situation... But, UND doesn't have any forwards currently committed that can come in a year early. All of the committed forwards are not yet out of high school. I suspect they will try to find a depth forward to come in, but the timing is not real good. That said, I would expect MacMillan to play in the top 6. Coach Hakstol specifically mentioned him in the spring as a guy with the potential to play those top minutes. He probably will play on the wing. I think Grimaldi will play on the wing as well. UND doesn't typically have too many freshmen play center the first year.

Old
07-20-2011, 10:36 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Denmark U20 will play four games against QMJHL teams (Blainville-Boisbriand, Shawinigan, Rimouski, Bathurst). Mads Eller (Lars' little brother) will be on the team. Does someone know if he has some potential? He could be an interesting pick for the Habs in 2013, like Jordan Subban.

Old
07-21-2011, 05:22 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Denmark U20 will play four games against QMJHL teams (Blainville-Boisbriand, Shawinigan, Rimouski, Bathurst). Mads Eller (Lars' little brother) will be on the team. Does someone know if he has some potential? He could be an interesting pick for the Habs in 2013, like Jordan Subban.
His name is Mads? Oh god I can see the Memes a mile away.

Y u Mads, bro?

Old
07-21-2011, 06:33 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Well I know nothing about him, but playing on the U20 team at 16yo is a good sign in itself.

Old
07-21-2011, 07:24 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
His name is Mads? Oh god I can see the Memes a mile away.

Y u Mads, bro?
YO LARS

U MADS BRO?

Yes, I am.

Old
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
YO LARS

U MADS BRO?

Yes, I am.
I only thought of this joke after I posted my original one . Well done!

Old
07-21-2011, 10:24 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Lars

Mads

Make it happen Scott!

Old
07-25-2011, 09:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Possible good news for Mike Cichy, as fomer NHL Head Coach Andy Murray will be named the Head Coach at Western Michigan where Cichy will be attending, so hopefully he stays there a couple years as it should be good for Cichy to learn under a former NHL coach and someone that worked for the Habs. It's supposed to become official tomorrow.

The bad news is for Steve Quailer. Northeastern lost their head coach and now they just lost one of their top defensemen as Jamie Oleksiak is leaving for the OHL. Sounds like it's going to be a tough year for Northeastern next season.

Last edited by montreal: 07-25-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old
07-30-2011, 10:25 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Possible good news for Mike Cichy, as fomer NHL Head Coach Andy Murray will be named the Head Coach at Western Michigan where Cichy will be attending, so hopefully he stays there a couple years as it should be good for Cichy to learn under a former NHL coach and someone that worked for the Habs. It's supposed to become official tomorrow.

The bad news is for Steve Quailer. Northeastern lost their head coach and now they just lost one of their top defensemen as Jamie Oleksiak is leaving for the OHL. Sounds like it's going to be a tough year for Northeastern next season.
Pre-season camp for the Habs could be special this year,the Habs have only thirteen defencemen signed so far for the Habs and the BabyHabs.That will make for some keen competition for the younger prospects looking to get signed to Hamilton.With seventeen forwards under contract for the Bulldogs it wouldn't surprise me to see some minor league deal(s) for defensive help.That being the case it might open a spot for Quailer whose shown promise playing at Northeastern.

Closed Thread