HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Blackberry Problem - Initialization Failed, BBM...

Old
07-21-2011, 03:57 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

vCash: 500
Blackberry Problem - Initialization Failed, BBM...

Not sure where else to ask, figured I'd ask here since there are some knowledgeable people.

A buddy kept trying to bbm me and none of the messages got through, he then called me and was like "dude what is wrong with your phone?" my initial response was what the hell, nothing, then I tried to bbm some of my contacts and none of them got through. So I did a quick pull...got a Initialization Failed notice at the top with the "SOS" for the network coverage bars part. So I did a quick pull again and it's fine all of a sudden but the bbm still won't work.

It's kind of frustrating to see, I know my Sim isn't an issue, the text messaging goes through fine and so do my calls, but bbm...not so much.

Any ideas?

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
If you're with Fido (and I assume Rogers), I can confirm there's an issue going on with BBM messages not going through. Not sure of when it'll be resolved, but if it's not done by tomorrow, I should at least have more info.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:48 AM
OnlyTheBrave*

Yeah, I'm with Rogers and yeah...it was resolved. But of course, I had to back-up my phone and re-install everything and then it started working fine and then I was told about the Rogers issue.

Fun.

Old
07-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTheBrave View Post
Not sure where else to ask, figured I'd ask here since there are some knowledgeable people.

A buddy kept trying to bbm me and none of the messages got through, he then called me and was like "dude what is wrong with your phone?" my initial response was what the hell, nothing, then I tried to bbm some of my contacts and none of them got through. So I did a quick pull...got a Initialization Failed notice at the top with the "SOS" for the network coverage bars part. So I did a quick pull again and it's fine all of a sudden but the bbm still won't work.

It's kind of frustrating to see, I know my Sim isn't an issue, the text messaging goes through fine and so do my calls, but bbm...not so much.

Any ideas?
1) Make sure you both have the latest version of the BBM software. If not, upgrade your BBM. Blackberry is notorious for not sending out timely auto updates of their software.

2) Delete your friend as a contact and re-add him.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:02 AM
OnlyTheBrave*

It's fine now if you check my post above yours, seemed to be a network issue. I am pretty good with checking for updates myself though, I noticed that the updates don't show up in a timely fashion. A friend of mine got an update for an app we both have and I waited to see how long it would take, 3 days later I got the notification, lol.

I am seriously considering going to Android after my contract is up (3 more years). By then phones should be much better, but OS7 on the new Blackberry phones are underwhelming. Kind of disappointed and the clock is ticking for how long I stay a loyal BB user.

Old
07-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTheBrave View Post
I am seriously considering going to Android after my contract is up (3 more years). By then phones should be much better, but OS7 on the new Blackberry phones are underwhelming. Kind of disappointed and the clock is ticking for how long I stay a loyal BB user.
I'm in the same boat as you BB wise. I started to teach myself Android App development for kicks these past few weeks and am getting a good look at how things work under the hood. Androids are pretty good phones but they have a ways to go before it's a great phone. I haven't looked at the Honeycomb OS (Android tablets) yet but I'm guessing it's not much different.

Last edited by Dolemite: 07-22-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote