HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Nsh

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
wish i knew what webber was looking for contract wise... but assuming it would be around 7 mill per year on one of those 10-12 year type deals that the kids love to sign these years then id beat this offer if i was Boston

i can part with denis seidenberg and tyler seguin and a second round pick down the road without losing any sleep for weber. if nashville happened to really like edler more then i do and demanded i improve my offer, i would. maybe take back a contract dump or toss in some prospect or something. maybe the rights to a kid like soderberg if we still own his rights.

weber is a special player... a huge body... a rh shot... good at both ends of the ice. with chara around for the next 4-5 years at the top of his own game, this would give Boston a 1-2 punch that has only been rvialed by anaheim in recent years. and then with dougie hamilton in the pipeline, the b's shape up to have a stud defense for the next decade if they can make this move.

would suck to give up on seguin, for for weber i do it without even a second thought
While Seidenberg is nowhere near as good as Edler, I think the catalyst here that may perk Nashville's attention is Seguin. This is the type of deal that Nashville should expect. You won't get a guy like Kesler, but you'll get a guy who can contribute now and has the potential to become as good if not better than Kesler. On top of that, a roster player and a pick. If I'm Boston though, I'm not sure I trade Seguin. You guys are going to be picking late for years, elite talent will be hard to find in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacklegJack View Post
In all fairness to Canucks fans, if Kesler was on my team I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a severe overpayment either. A lot of people still think he's overrated for some reason, but after seeing him up close and personal in the Van-Nsh series I can see that his praise is very much justified; when he's on his a-game he can win a series for a team. That is why a Kesler for Weber deal, which may be close value-wise, would never happen. Both teams wouldn't part with either player unless the other team was overpaying.

I'm not quite sure I agree with all of the Edler hype (don't get me wrong, he's definitely a good defenseman), but I've been spoiled with Weber and Suter and a ton of young defensive talent coming up the system. I'm sure he'd be a top d-man on the majority of NHL teams, but I think some Canucks fans fail to put it into Predators perspective where he'd only be a #2 if Weber was gone with a possibility of even losing that spot based on how Josi, Blum, Ellis, and Ekholm develop. Similarly, it would be like us trying to sell Canucks fans on Erat. He may be our best forward but on Vancouver he'd be a 2nd-3rd liner tops. It's kind of a shame that these two teams don't make good trading partners; there are a lot of Canucks players I'd love to have on the Preds. Hell, even the outcast SOB fit in on our team, haha.
Canucks fans who say Edler would be the #1 on Nashville are misguided, Suter is definitely a better defender than Edler. That may chance in a few years, but as of now he's the clear cut #2. I don't think any of Josi (maybe), Blum (maybe), Ellis, or Ekholm will come close to matching Edler's capabilities and potential, but it's tough to say with young defenders. Keep in mind, Edler will be 25 next season, he is still a talent on the rise.

Last edited by Luck 6: 07-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread