HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

getting a funny feeling

Old
07-21-2011, 10:04 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
getting a funny feeling

anyone else thinking that with all this capspace, a lot of assets in the system and a need for a defenseman could be building up to a trade.

There are a bunch of really good RFAs still not signed.

Weber and Doughty are having trouble signing with their teams abd have been involved in some rumours and there have been some rumours about Bogosian to Detroit as well.

Holland has also hinted that people have pursued him with trade options, whether that means blockbusters or not I dont know.

It seems like the wings are at a point where a blockbuster will be needed soon. Picking up Doughty or Weber instantly makes this team contenders for the next decade easily

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
It seems like the wings are at a point where a blockbuster will be needed soon. Picking up Doughty or Weber instantly makes this team contenders for the next decade easily
I agree with that... I just think our chances of getting Doughty or Weber are veeerrrrryyyyyy litttle. :/

Frozen Fiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:06 PM
zombi
I D D Q D

vCash: 567
It would be nice.

I 'spose we'll see.

zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 50
Leading up to a trade? I wouldn't bet on this trade happening until the trade deadline is approaching.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Xvash2

I'm all for a trade but the Wings just don't have any desirable assets.

Draft picks? This isn't the '90s.

Hudler and Filppula just aren't worth THAT much, and outside of them who else is there? Bertuzzi is ancient and unwanted, we need every defenseman we have, Cleary is worth less than Hudler and Fil, Franzen has an eternal contract, and the rest is youth players that keep the team from getting an AARP membership.

So that leaves you shopping around what? Jarnkrok, Tatar, Pulkkinen as parts of package deals. Guys we want to see come in and play big for the Wings. Every other Wings fan on here wants a trade but you can't trade Hudler and Fil for Drew Doughty, the NHL doesn't work that way. If you want one of these big-name players, people that a lot of fans like will have to be sacrificed in order to make it happen. And I think the worst part of all that is Holland is the same way and has trouble parting with players he's gotten to know.

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:32 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

With Holland explicitly saying he wants to keep as many draft picks as possible and he doesn't offersheet very often, I find it hard to be excited about this.

I'm sure everyone here would want something to happen weather it was Weber or Doughty.

I think the strategy here is to go with this lineup, get in a solid position in the standings, hope the teams that have interesting players absolutely bomb and we throw them an offer they cannot refuse at the deadline. The team we have now is capable of winning the Central and competing for the Cup. One player like Weber or Doughty could just seal it for us.

Hopefully they sign short-ish term deals and don't have a NTC/NMC so we can at least try to make a trade.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
warox

I agree that we don't really have the assets that Nash or LA would want to make these trades happen, however, it is fun to speculate.

I am surprised that nobody on this board ever mentions trading Helm or Abby. I would definitely consider them trade bait for a franchise-type player like Weber/Doughty. Offer something like Helm, Ericsson, Smith, conditional 2013 2nd rounder if Helm resigns or not.

warox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Nordic*

Detroit almost never make any huge trades, they always go for the safe option....like Commodore and White...who weren't even trades to begin with.

I would be more than fine with parting with Zetterberg if it meant that we got a younger and healthier star in return.

Zetterberg+Kindl for Nash?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:07 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Detroit almost never make any huge trades, they always go for the safe option....like Commodore and White...who weren't even trades to begin with.

I would be more than fine with parting with Zetterberg if it meant that we got a younger and healthier star in return.

Zetterberg+Kindl for Nash?
There are only two players I would consider moving Zetterberg for. One is Crosby, the other is Datsyuk. If Ovechkin finds his old form, then I would consider it, but I hate his attitude. Yes, we all hate Crosby for his whiny antics, but you can't ignore his work ethic and talent.

Now get lost you bandwagoner, where were you when he lifted the Conn Smythe? Trolling some other team's board crying out to trade their star player for a "younger" option?

Old
07-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Dustin16182

As much as I dislike Crosby, I'd trade Zetterburg, Franzen, plus more for Crosby. Crosby is generational talent. He's absolutely amazing, and I hate his guts for it haha.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Dustin16182

Here is an interesting idea. It would be awesome for Holland to take some gambles on trading any players that we can afford to lose for a first round draft pick from teams that we suspect will be eligible for the draft lottery. It's possible under the right circumstances, and the thought of us picking first in the draft would be very sexy, it hasn't happened in a very very long time.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin16182 View Post
Here is an interesting idea. It would be awesome for Holland to take some gambles on trading any players that we can afford to lose for a first round draft pick from teams that we suspect will be eligible for the draft lottery. It's possible under the right circumstances, and the thought of us picking first in the draft would be very sexy, it hasn't happened in a very very long time.
Watch Holland trade down "for more picks"