HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

La-nyi

Old
07-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1700
Do you think Hickey/Voinov plus King for Okposo is fair?

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
So, who would you have Richie replace on our top 6?

Again, who do you think Parse should replace on our top 6?

Clifford is an ideal 3rd liner. He's defensively reliable, can hit and score some.

I love Stoll as our 3rd line center. Having him on our 3rd line just makes us that much stronger.

King is a LW and he's far from speedy. I can see King making our 4LW. In fact, I think he will be our part time 4LW.
uhmmm did you read the bart with i don't see our team as Top/Bottom 6. I see it more Top 9/Bottom 3 ?????

If you ask me

Penner - Kopitar - Brown
Gangner - Richardson - Brown
Parse - Richardson - Lewis

Clifford - Stoll - (Must be young and lightning fast)

BTW.. i want Parse to replace Gagner.

Clifford is not a 3rd liner he has the grit and the hockeyskills to be an elite destroyer on the 4th line.
In my world 3rd liner have to score 20 goals.

But i start to think by myself... am i the only one who is seeing Richardsons playmaking skills ????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:25 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Make that 33 goals with 4 games missed.

It's easy to say as long as you don't have to put your money on the table.
LOL! Ok if Okposo doesn't out score Dustin Brown this season I will mail you out a Dustin Brown rookie card! If Okposo does you simply acknowledge this post at seasons end. Deal?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:29 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
uhmmm did you read the bart with i don't see our team as Top/Bottom 6. I see it more Top 9/Bottom 3 ?????

If you ask me

Penner - Kopitar - Brown

Clifford is not a 3rd liner he has the grit and the hockeyskills to be an elite destroyer on the 4th line.

But i start to think by myself... am i the only one who is seeing Richardsons playmaking skills ????
I know some people here love Brown and you really like Richardson but having them double shift and get more ice time than Kopitar is a little far fetched?

Looking at some teams there have been third liners score 20 goals and I can see that happening in LA in a few years when Clifford rounds out his already solid game.

I also agree that Richardson is a better playmaker than Stoll, but his versatility and up tempo style also makes him a solid 3rd line guy. No way he comes close to Kopitar or Richards though IMO

Old
07-21-2011, 04:19 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Over the last few weeks there has been a lot written on this board and the Trade board regarding LA's depth at the D position. Many have argued that players like Voynov, Hickey and Muzzin are NHL ready but do not have a spot due to the logjam on defense at the NHL level. Some have insisted that one of them may step in when Mitchell becomes an UFA but I don't see this happening.

After the Richards deal LA is geared to win now. If Mitchell isn't extended during the season or signed in the off season I think LA will need to look for a replacement for him outside the organization. In other posts I have mentioned that I would love to see LA bring back Tim Gleason as an UFA next summer. He would bring the toughness and shut down ability of a Mitchell as well as the leadership. Another option may be B.Allen.

So with this in mind my idea was to open up a roster spot for Voynov or Hickey by trading Jack Johnson. Let me start by saying I really like JJ and he has been very good offensively for us in the playoffs (1-11-12PTS in 12 GP). He has also been putting up increasing offensive numbers every season. But as they say "you need to give something to get something"

My proposal

NYI-J.Johnson (7 yrs at $4.35M)
LA-Kyle Okposo (5 yrs at $2.8M)

The deal makes sense to me as it gives the NYI a top offensive dman to go with Streit and he is young enough to also fit in with their core rebuild. Streit is 33 and an UFA is 2 seasons. The higher cap hit also helps them get closer to the cap floor.

For LA they would get a solid young power forward with a very good scoring touch and solid playmaking ability too. With him locked in for 5 yrs at a great hit LA would have almost unmatched scoring potential on its top 3 lines. As an added bonus he has played with Trevor Lewis before in the USHL. The only real problem may be that with him on Kopitar's RW it would push Brown to the 3rd line or maybe over to the LW if Penner isn't brought back in 2012-13. But thats not too bad a problem to have.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Okposo
Clifford-Stoll-Brown
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth

DD-Mitchell
Voynov-Scuderi
AMart-Greene
Hickey or Muzzin as 7th dman
haha Brown on 3rd line and Penner on 1st? have you lost you mind?

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Nex06

Quote:
LOL! Ok if Okposo doesn't out score Dustin Brown this season I will mail you out a Dustin Brown rookie card! If Okposo does you simply acknowledge this post at seasons end. Deal?
I don't think it's fair to be honest. Let's just say we will both acknowledge this bet after regular season. Keep your rookie card.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
haha Brown on 3rd line and Penner on 1st? have you lost you mind?
Crawl back to your board, son.

1. Penner is a LWer and Brown is a RWer.
2. Brown SUCKS at LW.
3. Brown SUCKS playing with Kopi.
4. Murray has already stated that Penner and Kopi will be a combo and Gagne and Richards will be a combo with Brown and Willy switching on the right side.
5. Brown doesn't do well when he's depended on to score goals. If you could simplify his game and let him do what he does best, he will thrive. That would be in a 3rd line role.

Get your facts before you try and call others out.

cnshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 08:09 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post

2. Brown SUCKS at LW.
4. Murray has already stated that Penner and Kopi will be a combo and Gagne and Richards will be a combo with Brown and Willy switching on the right side.
5. Brown doesn't do well when he's depended on to score goals. If you could simplify his game and let him do what he does best, he will thrive. That would be in a 3rd line role.

Calm down cowboy...

Brown does not Suck playing with Kopi. He is no worse nor better than usual next to Kopi. And wingers who consistently score 25-30 goals are not 3rd liners. No need to be over dramatic.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 08:15 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Calm down cowboy...

Brown does not Suck playing with Kopi. He is no worse nor better than usual next to Kopi. And wingers who consistently score 25-30 goals are not 3rd liners. No need to be over dramatic.
If you're going to try and call someone out and say they "lost their mind" they should have some knowledge of whats going on before they post.

Old
07-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Nodoughtyboutit

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Calm down cowboy...

He might not suck, but if you can get the same production from someone that doesn't require them to be the first line with Kopitar, while letting someone come up to the first line to up our overall scoring, why wouldn't you? If it were as easy as just jamming the lines with whatever player based on their "talent" level without a need for chemistry or structure, there would be no problems.

Nodoughtyboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:22 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

2. Brown SUCKS at LW.

Seems like Brown is thriving in the role he's in now, why drop him.down and lose that production. Production that will most likely improve playing alongside a player of Richards caliber.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:30 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Seems like Brown is thriving in the role he's in now, why drop him.down and lose that production. Production that will most likely improve playing alongside a player of Richards caliber.
Brown plays a simple game. He's a north south player who hits and goes to the net. I'd rather see someone like Toffoli or someone more known for scoring in that role than Brown. I hate Brown's game when he tries too hard. He tries too hard to create plays and he simply does not have the ability to do so.

Old
07-21-2011, 09:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

I also think brown on the 3rd line would improve his game alot. Playing with stoll and clifford they would have a 60 goal potential with 500 hits

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:45 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Brown plays a simple game. He's a north south player who hits and goes to the net. I'd rather see someone like Toffoli or someone more known for scoring in that role than Brown. I hate Brown's game when he tries too hard. He tries too hard to create plays and he simply does not have the ability to do so.
Toffoli is know for scoring in junior, not the NHL. He doesn't have to be dropped down to the 3rd to be effective, especially now. Having both Gagne and Richards to create plays is going to make thing much easier for him.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
I don't think Brown would try too hard now with Gagne and Richards on his line.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
I don't think Brown would try too hard now with Gagne and Richards on his line.
I don't think his linemates are a factor at all, at least history shows it isn't so. It seems to be a switch in his head. The switch is set to "Gretzky" mode at more or less random intervals.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
I know some people here love Brown and you really like Richardson but having them double shift and get more ice time than Kopitar is a little far fetched?
Looking at some teams there have been third liners score 20 goals and I can see that happening in LA in a few years when Clifford rounds out his already solid game.

I also agree that Richardson is a better playmaker than Stoll, but his versatility and up tempo style also makes him a solid 3rd line guy. No way he comes close to Kopitar or Richards though IMO
ahahaahaaaaa it's Williams of course at the 1st line and 2nd line is Richards.... not Richarson.
The lineup looks a little bit odd this way.
i fix it.

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagner - Richards - Brown

Clifford - Stoll - Speedy youngster

Old
07-22-2011, 12:16 PM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:

If you ask me

Penner - Kopitar - Brown
Parse - Richardson - Lewis.

Ya because Richardson Parse and Lewis are 20 goal scorers right?

Last edited by butteryslugz: 07-22-2011 at 02:14 PM.
butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I also think brown on the 3rd line would improve his game alot. Playing with stoll and clifford they would have a 60 goal potential with 500 hits
uhmm... not sure about this thing.
How is that improving his game ?
He is already a 30 goal scorer and a massive downgrade on the center position and a guy who was never asked to be productive as linemates will improve his game ????

This line has absolutely no chemistry.
there is no playmaker, not creativity or netpresence.
If that line stays for more than 20 seconds per game, and all of us know it won't happen, i would be more than pleased with seeing more than 20 goals combined

Old
07-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
Richardson Parse and Lewis are 20 goal scorers right?
they will....

at least there is the potential.
That line would be lightning fast mixed with Richardsosn playmaking skills.
I wouldn't be surprised to have a secret weapon here.

But you are right. I would prefer a trade and send Lewis back to the 4th lien center where he belongs.
Trade Stoll for a RW and we have a solution or try Toffoly on this line in camp

Old
07-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Name a single playoff series where "lightning quick" was a deciding factor. It's an overrated quality (because it's fun to watch).

Anyway, Lewis is the only player on the team or in the system that can be described as quick. Besides Quick.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:53 PM
northernKing

Quote:
uhmm... not sure about this thing.
How is that improving his game ?
He is already a 30 goal scorer and a massive downgrade on the center position and a guy who was never asked to be productive as linemates will improve his game ????

This line has absolutely no chemistry.
there is no playmaker, not creativity or netpresence.
If that line stays for more than 20 seconds per game, and all of us know it won't happen, i would be more than pleased with seeing more than 20 goals combined
I agree with you that Richardson is better than some make him out to be. But what you state above is wrong IMO. Look at last year when the Smyth-Stoll-Williams line carried LA at times. Yes Williams is more creative than Brown but these 3 could really crash and bang around the ice forcing many turnovers. They also all have net presence IMO

Old
07-22-2011, 11:59 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush with eyeliner View Post
2much for a guy who hasn't even scored 20 goals or proven he can stay healthy
So one freak injury and now the guy is injury prone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Do you think Hickey/Voinov plus King for Okposo is fair?
No, nothing against Hickey but the Islanders already have an over abundance of smurfs who will be playing on the farm team this year. If the Islanders did trade Okposo it would be in a package for an upgrade(either at forward or defense) not to get a bunch of prospects.

I really don't see Islanders and LA being good trading partners since both probably looking to trade prospects for NHL ready bodies. The only thing I could see tradewise between the 2 would be Comeau for a 2nd pairing defenseman(basically a solid #4 guy) if the Kings are high on there defenseman depth

Last edited by boredmale: 07-23-2011 at 12:13 AM.
boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Nodoughtyboutit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Name a single playoff series where "lightning quick" was a deciding factor. It's an overrated quality (because it's fun to watch).

Anyway, Lewis is the only player on the team or in the system that can be described as quick. Besides Quick.
Voynov says hi.

Nodoughtyboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:10 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodoughtyboutit View Post
Voynov says hi.
This. Fastest AHL skater. Me wants in NHL next year.