HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings release their 71 game television schedule.

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Kings release their 71 game television schedule.

http://www.lakings.com/images/news/0...V_schedule.pdf

Old
09-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
And as I said if you assume the the Ducks road games will be televised locally as they always are, then you can add 4 to the 71. The Kings should be on TV 75 out of 82 games.

Old
09-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Osprey

That's interesting that the Kings take only two trips to the eastern conference all season long, and the TV crew comes along for only one of those two. They play in eastern conference buildings only 5 times all season. I hope that playing the same 14 teams in 72 of 82 games doesn't get a little boring come late winter or spring. I've always found inter-conference matchups to be the most interesting to watch, but that's just me.

Old
09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
jfont

Awards:
I hope they just do this matchups this year. I too would like to see eastern teams like the bruins and leafs play at staples...and i'd certainly like to see the kings travel to the east and see how they stack up against them.

i believe the league is doing this just to cut cost of travelling and thats it.

09-21-2005, 11:12 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's not out of the question that the Kings could add games to the list at a later date. They did that last year. Releasing the schedule initially and then adding games to it later on. Hopefully the Bruins game will wind up on the list.

I really don't understand why PHX is on the cut list - it's not like it's a trek.

- T

Old
09-22-2005, 09:47 AM
dbbourn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
And as I said if you assume the the Ducks road games will be televised locally as they always are, then you can add 4 to the 71. The Kings should be on TV 75 out of 82 games.

Most of the time I envy you guys over there and your availability to the game, but with the Center Ice Package I think I may get more games than this.

Still, when the Kings are in town I usually hit the games that are geographically possible, including the Islanders, Devils, Rangers, Flyers, and sometimes the Caps. This year it looks like I'll have to head to Montreal and Boston if I want to see a game. Obviously I want more interconference play, but for selfish reasons. Regardless, I always thought we played our own division enough and remember thinking, 'Hey, didn't we just play these guys 2 times a couple weeks ago?'

Old
09-22-2005, 12:15 PM
PRMan

Less travel helps the Kings (and similarly the Ducks) more than ANY other team. We should be thrilled.

75 out of 82 is more than any year in recent memory! Big thanks to OLN and NBC for picking up the Kings.

Good thing I'm a Nielsen family...

Closed Thread