Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Zoltan Hetenyi

Old
07-22-2011, 02:53 PM
raystorm

vCash: 500
Zoltan Hetenyi

Hungarian goalie 4-time(?) hungarian champion Zoltan Hetenyi has join in Jokerit. He has try-out atm but i'm pretty sure that he get contract of few years. Just wondering what kind of goalie he is? What u guys think he's chances to get good goalie at european level?

Zoltan hasn't play any games at Jokerit so far but he is already fan's favourite player. He's fan shirts has sold many copies. I already buy one too.

Legend has born.

raystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Evolved83

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
Hungarian goalie 4-time(?) hungarian champion Zoltan Hetenyi has join in Jokerit. He has try-out atm but i'm pretty sure that he get contract of few years. Just wondering what kind of goalie he is? What u guys think he's chances to get good goalie at european level?

Zoltan hasn't play any games at Jokerit so far but he is already fan's favourite player. He's fan shirts has sold many copies. I already buy one too.

Legend has born.
Hmm... don't know much about him, but where did you find the shirt?

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 08:15 AM
raystorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved83 View Post
Hmm... don't know much about him, but where did you find the shirt?
Jokerit fan store.

Hetenyi played his first match in Jokerit today. http://www.europeantrophy.com/live12.html From that link u can see how Zoltan's match were going.

Old
08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
TopT

I have seen him a few times with Alba in the Austrian league; you have signed a very good young goalie.

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Kiraly

Hetenyi started his second game for Jokerit yesterday. Jokerit beat SaiPa 7-2. Hetenyi stopped 39 of 41 shots improving his record to 2-0.

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:56 PM
raystorm

There were with the Zoltan firts home match at Jokerit much supporting to him. Fans were singing Ria-Ria-Hungaria and Zolt! Zolt! Zolt! There was also many hungarian flags. And after game teams captain Ossi Väänänen told Hetenyi to go back to the ice because fans want to thank him and Zolt took his audience and did fantastic show!

Gotta love this goalie!

Old
05-30-2012, 06:27 AM
raystorm

Zoltan Hetenyi continues his career in Jokerit for season 12/13. At the moment he looks like our second goalie but European Trophy matches show us is he gonna play in Jokerit or in Mestis Kiekko-Vantaa.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
ChadS

Zoltan is going to be at the Nashville Predators prospect development camp starting tomorrow. Boy, talk about a quick career development; from Hungary to an NHL camp in one year

http://smashville247.net/index.php/2...us-roster.html

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 04:51 PM
spizzle420

Updates?

spizzle420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:56 AM
raystorm

Zoltan leaves Jokerit and goes to Milwaukee next season. This was sad news for Jokerit fans.

Down there is Zoltan's post facebook few days after his transfer away from Jokerit.

Quote:
Dear Jokerit Fans!

It is really difficult to write or say anything...
I'm trying, but the words arent coming...
I know,we havent been in touch for a while,and now this is happening.I have to say something more, than thank you guys!
Because that tons of love,positive energy,that attitude when you guys approach me,that support what you have given to me is impossible to discribe with human words...
No other people and fans before, have treated me so well, like you guys.And i will never forget it!
I will never forget when you guys were singing Ria Ria Hungaria in the Hartwall Areena.I will never forget when you guys were singing Ria Ria Hungaria in Vienna, when i didnt even play...And i will never forget when you guys were singing Ria Ria Hungaria today,in Valtti Areena...
I am having lots different feelings and emotions right now.I hope you dont feel like,i have betrayed you.But i had to take this chance.I have to prove my myself.Because the words we say, will be lost by the time,but the things what we will be getting done in the future,will leave a mark in our life.And Jokerit has made a huge mark in my life.This season was a milestone in my career,and hopefully not the last.

It was so hard to see you guys today,when you came to me, and started crying...I was asking myself,why?Do i deserve it?it cant be!
But this is Jokerit!These are you guys!UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT MAKERS!And we players have to appreciate and respect it.We have to be thankfull,and play always with Heart!

Mina Me Jokerit!Én Mi Jokerit!
Kiitos!Köszönöm Szépen Nektek!
Zoli Hetényi

Old
09-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

I would love it if Hetenyi does well in the AHL and someday plays in the NHL(it could happen! Goalies sometimes develop late!), becoming the first Hungarian in the NHL. Go Zoltan!

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
I would love it if Hetenyi does well in the AHL and someday plays in the NHL(it could happen! Goalies sometimes develop late!), becoming the first Hungarian in the NHL. Go Zoltan!
I'll be cheering for Zoltan as well. He developed a lot of followers here with his performance at rookie camp in July when he earned himself a contract. The plan right now is for Hetenyi to start at the ECHL level in Cincinnati and serve as the No. 3 goalie for the Milwuakee Admirals (AHL) this season. Cincinnati shares their affiliation with Montreal too, so their goalies usually split time 50/50 between the two organizations. Hetenyi might also get a recall to Milwaukee to serve as the No. 2 behind Jeremy Smith if Magnus Hellberg needs to get in a few games.

Overall, I think he'll get a good shot here. With Chet Pickard and Atte Engren going to Europe this summer, there is a spot up for grabs in the Nashville system. Hetenyi earned a shot at it and will be given the opportunity to seize it this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:30 AM
boris4c

So where will he playing for the remainder of the season, in the ECHL like he has so far or will he get a chance in the AHL with Milwaukee?

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Kennel

Aww...

http://prohockeynews.com/orlando-goa...ed-in-georgia/

Quote:
Orlando goalie Hetenyi arrested in Georgia
[...]
The alleged incident happened at the Arena Tavern on Satellite Boulevard in Duluth. Warrants obtained by the Daily Post stated that Hetenyi was in the establishment between 1:30 and 3 a.m. During that time, the warrants allege he “grabbed (a waitress’) buttocks with both his hands, grabbed the victim’s buttocks a second time and grabbed the victim’s breast with his hands”.

Another accusation in the warrants said that Hetenyi was yelling that “he hated all Americans” and black people, using the n-word in reference to African-Americans.

None of the warrants made reference to alcohol being involved in the incident. As of Monday, a full incident report had not been made available by Gwinnett County police.

Kennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennel View Post
Well that's likely the end of his North American career.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennel View Post
Well, that is gross. He must be a bit weird... imo.

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

According to an interview given to a Hungarian paper, he claims innocence and plans to sue papers for spreading false information: http://www.nemzetisport.hu/jegkorong...oltant-2227979

On the other hand, on his Facebook page, he I think (not sure of Google translation) claims innocence but takes blame for acting badly.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

Dammit Zoltan. Looks like he's not gonna ever be the first Hungarian in the NHL...

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Viskeywrobr

Last thing I saw, he was going to play in Finland. I think he got a 2 year deal. Still waiting on someone. Maybe Daniel Kogerlast I saw he wa as headed for Ahl.

(my first post here)

Viskeywrobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Kiraly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viskeywrobr View Post
Last thing I saw, he was going to play in Finland. I think he got a 2 year deal. Still waiting on someone. Maybe Daniel Kogerlast I saw he wa as headed for Ahl.

(my first post here)
Hetenyi is playing for Tappara and Koger has been invited to attend Rockford's training camp.

Still a little ways to go before you see a Hungarian-born player in the NHL.

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote