HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

players you would want in Philly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2011, 03:17 AM
  #51
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Cal clutterbuck was born to wear the O & B

I would love to see us go after Zach Bogosian. His value was probably at it's lowest at the draft. We should of tried really hard to throw everything thier way to get him.

Darren Helm, Epic player to have on the fourth line. One of the worlds best penalty killers.

Matt Moulson , Picks up all the garbage infront of the net, would of been a solid addition. Hopefully Matt Read can bring what he does though

Doug Murray It would be freaking sweet to have this guy on the third defensive line. He flat out lays people out, solid in his own end and build like a russian tank.

JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Jagr - Briere - Hartnell
Clutterbuck - Schenn - Simmonds ----oh yeah!!
Talbot - Helm - Betts

Pronger - Bogosian
Timonen - Coburn
Mezaros Murray

That would make me wet my pants a little. I have no idea if thats cap compliant.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:21 AM
  #52
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Fwds...

Jarome Iginla
Bobby Ryan
David Backes
Joe Pavelski
Colin Wilson
Zac Dalpe

Dmen...

Douglas Murray
Matt Carkner
Ty Wishart
Jack Johnson
Keaton Ellerby

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:02 AM
  #53
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Cal clutterbuck was born to wear the O & B

I would love to see us go after Zach Bogosian. His value was probably at it's lowest at the draft. We should of tried really hard to throw everything thier way to get him.

Darren Helm, Epic player to have on the fourth line. One of the worlds best penalty killers.

Matt Moulson , Picks up all the garbage infront of the net, would of been a solid addition. Hopefully Matt Read can bring what he does though

Doug Murray It would be freaking sweet to have this guy on the third defensive line. He flat out lays people out, solid in his own end and build like a russian tank.

JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Jagr - Briere - Hartnell
Clutterbuck - Schenn - Simmonds ----oh yeah!!
Talbot - Helm - Betts

Pronger - Bogosian
Timonen - Coburn
Mezaros Murray

That would make me wet my pants a little. I have no idea if thats cap compliant.
I bet its not cap compliant but that would make me do more than wet my pants, if you know what I mean

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:04 AM
  #54
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
Fwds...

Jarome Iginla
Bobby Ryan
David Backes
Joe Pavelski
Colin Wilson
Zac Dalpe

Dmen...

Douglas Murray
Matt Carkner
Ty Wishart
Jack Johnson
Keaton Ellerby
Those defensemen are all intriguing and probably mostly realistic possibilities for the right price or at least more possible than most of the forwards

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:12 AM
  #55
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
I bet its not cap compliant but that would make me do more than wet my pants, if you know what I mean
I'll try it now lol

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Scott Hartnell ($4.200m)
Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.250m)
Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zach Bogosian ($3.500m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Douglas Murray ($2.500m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $1,402,500

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,550,595; BONUSES: $3,815,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): -$250,595

So with Bob in the minors and some stupidly cheap backup, we could ice a 21 man roster. Lol epicness. Get it done Homer. Thats a cup winning team, let alone a play-off team.

Edit: if we didn't have the stupid penalty, thats a cap compliant team.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 05:19 AM
  #56
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
Those defensemen are all intriguing and probably mostly realistic possibilities for the right price or at least more possible than most of the forwards
I tried thinking of younger players that Id like to see in the O&B... dmen where just easier to think of.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:03 AM
  #57
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
I tried thinking of younger players that Id like to see in the O&B... dmen where just easier to think of.
Yeah I always like good young players and most of those defensemen are young, with the exception of Doug Murray, who is still kinda young. Zac Dalpe and Colin Wilson would look good in orange and black too. What do you think we would have to trade for Dalpe? Obviously not a huge trade but he's a good player.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:08 AM
  #58
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'll try it now lol

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Scott Hartnell ($4.200m)
Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.250m)
Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zach Bogosian ($3.500m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Douglas Murray ($2.500m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $1,402,500

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,550,595; BONUSES: $3,815,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): -$250,595

So with Bob in the minors and some stupidly cheap backup, we could ice a 21 man roster. Lol epicness. Get it done Homer. Thats a cup winning team, let alone a play-off team.

Edit: if we didn't have the stupid penalty, thats a cap compliant team.
that's a good offensive team for years then too. Helm is a really underrated player because he can do everything. Kill penalties, chip in a few goals, he's fast. And Clutterbuck is a big hitter and he can score some goals. Not to mention getting Bogosian on the back end. Can't believe how a team like that is so close to the cap.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:40 AM
  #59
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
i'd love to see patrick sharp in the orange and black. also reeaally wouldn't mind bowmienster to get suited up in a fly guys jersey. this is just wishfull thinking of course! was kind of hoping upsall would make a return trip but that free for all, free agency cap floor cluster mess made surethat wo't happen.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:51 AM
  #60
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,716
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
i'd love to see patrick sharp in the orange and black. also reeaally wouldn't mind bowmienster to get suited up in a fly guys jersey. this is just wishfull thinking of course! was kind of hoping upsall would make a return trip but that free for all, free agency cap floor cluster mess made surethat wo't happen.
Already was bro

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:05 AM
  #61
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
stop with hoping for Superstars....


What about role players.

Clutterbuck
Mike Richards (3rd line center) --> think he lost the Superstar title after these trade
Knuble
Boucher (backup goalie)
Douglas Murray
Gagne
Powe
Powe
Powe
Powe
Powe

and if Homer is a real good man:

Please ---> Powe!!!

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:21 AM
  #62
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
stop with hoping for Superstars....


What about role players.

Clutterbuck
Mike Richards (3rd line center) --> think he lost the Superstar title after these trade
Knuble
Boucher (backup goalie)
Douglas Murray
Gagne
Powe
Powe
Powe
Powe
Powe

and if Homer is a real good man:

Please ---> Powe!!!
This is what I'm talking about, except Richards and Boucher. I would love Clutterbuck and Doug Murray

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:24 AM
  #63
PhillyCurt12
Registered User
 
PhillyCurt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Miko Koivu: always thought he would have been a better offensive player if he played on a better team.
he'll have linemates this year... i'm excited to see how he does.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:41 AM
  #64
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Am I the only one that's not that into bogosian? He was putrid in the 5-6 games I saw of his last season

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
  #65
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Am I the only one that's not that into bogosian? He was putrid in the 5-6 games I saw of his last season
He's a pretty good defenseman. I'm not sure he's worth as much as some Winnipeg/Atlanta fans think/thought, but he's definitely still growing a bit.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:51 AM
  #66
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,916
vCash: 50
Cal Clutterbuck.
Patrice Bergeron.
Ryan Callahan.
Brandon Dubinsky.
Darren Helm.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:55 AM
  #67
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
It seems like most of us want to see Doug Murray and Cal Clutterbuck in O&B. What does everyone think the Sharks and Wild would want for them? And Darren Helm from Detroit. Forgot to mention him.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:55 AM
  #68
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Already was bro
i know sharp was a flyer in his infancy but i'd like him back now that he's in his prime.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:07 PM
  #69
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Minnesota is a solid an are loaded with GK Talent. I think they could use a no1 d man.

I would do Timonen for Clutterbuck 2nd round 2012 3rd round 2012

Or Pronger for Clutterbuck 1nd 2012 and 2nd 2013

Because we lost our opportunity to win now, and both players are in the end of their career.

I bet Minnesota only trading Clutterbuck if someone overpays for him. And to give Pronger or Timonen is an overpayment.

Helm + 2nd 2012 for Carle?

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:14 PM
  #70
Bill_Meltzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Did anyone say Jamie Benn yet?

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:19 PM
  #71
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,148
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
Did anyone say Jamie Benn yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
Duchene, Kesler, Krejci, Benn, Koivu, Stamkos
Yep!

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
  #72
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Kesler
Doan
Cole
Morrow
Marchand

Murray
Suter
Bieska

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
  #73
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 949
vCash: 500
Without specifically naming a player, in general, I would want a top-four right-handed defensemen with a cannon for a shot. The Flyers haven't had one of those since Eric Desjardins. I believe this type of player would really help open up the powerplay instead of having to choose from 6 left-handed defense plus JVR (another left-handed shot) the Flyers should get a righty so teams couldn't shade over to defend against the one-timer from the right point quite as much. This would be my ideal guy.


Last edited by litflyersfan: 07-22-2011 at 01:14 PM.
litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:06 PM
  #74
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
Did anyone say Jamie Benn yet?
SUCH a good call.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:15 PM
  #75
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
Yeah I always like good young players and most of those defensemen are young, with the exception of Doug Murray, who is still kinda young. Zac Dalpe and Colin Wilson would look good in orange and black too. What do you think we would have to trade for Dalpe? Obviously not a huge trade but he's a good player.
Douglas Murray just is Flyers hockey.. haha. Im not sure what Dalpe's value is to the Canes. Would probably have to overpay for him, imo.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.