HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj & Col

Old
07-22-2011, 11:14 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Sj & Col

Niittymaki

For

Cumiskey

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Drij

Why?

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:16 AM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

Avs don't need another goalie, I'd rather have a late round pick for Cumisky and if that doesn't work...future considerations

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

For the AHL I have no faith in Cann

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:26 AM
hockeyball

We don't need another defensemen, we are stacked. We have 8 d-men at the moment and Cumiskey isn't going to replace any of our top-6.

We need a 3rd line winger with some offensive upside. That's it.

Niitty is absolutely on the table though, we have Greiss, Stalock, Sateri and JP Anderson, Heemskirk, and Sexsmith behind them. I don't see why Colorado would need a goalie though.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
For the AHL I have no faith in Cann
uhhh...Desjardin?

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Why? The Avs signed Giguere and traded for Varlamov? They seem they think like they are pretty set in that position for the upcoming season. I really just doesn't make sense IMO.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:16 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

No need for Colorado to do this. They have no space for Niittymaki

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

No need to do this, Varlamov and JSG in the NHL, and Desjardins plus Cann in the AHL should be enough. Altough losing Cumiskey wouldn't hurt at all, FYI eastern conference fans Cumiskey plays defense the way that would make MA Bergeron blush with shame.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
No need to do this, Varlamov and JSG in the NHL, and Desjardins plus Cann in the AHL should be enough. Altough losing Cumiskey wouldn't hurt at all, FYI eastern conference fans Cumiskey plays defense the way that would make MA Bergeron blush with shame.
That's not true at all. For his size, Cumiskey is a quite good defender. He struggles with larger forwards, but even as a young player he outplayed JM Liles defensively quite often. His defensive instincts are pretty good, and his speed really bails him out a lot. As he gets older and stronger he'll improve as well.

Cumiskey's issues are that while he's one of the best skaters I've ever seen (seriously), and his puck handling is marvelous, his other puck skills are atrocious. He can't pass very well, and he can't shoot very well. His offensive instincts just aren't there.

If I had a nickel for every time Cumiskey made a nice defensive play, carried the puck at breathtaking speed through the neutral zone and...fumbled the puck away trying to do god only knows what, I'd be rich.

Old
07-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
That's not true at all. For his size, Cumiskey is a quite good defender. He struggles with larger forwards, but even as a young player he outplayed JM Liles defensively quite often. His defensive instincts are pretty good, and his speed really bails him out a lot. As he gets older and stronger he'll improve as well.

Cumiskey's issues are that while he's one of the best skaters I've ever seen (seriously), and his puck handling is marvelous, his other puck skills are atrocious. He can't pass very well, and he can't shoot very well. His offensive instincts just aren't there.

If I had a nickel for every time Cumiskey made a nice defensive play, carried the puck at breathtaking speed through the neutral zone and...fumbled the puck away trying to do god only knows what, I'd be rich.
I'm going to admit that I'm not his biggest fan, this guy isn't an NHL player in my mind, and that's it. He gets out of a lot of trouble because of his speed, as you've said, but the point that he gets in a lot of trouble is worrying to me.

Old
07-22-2011, 01:25 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'm going to admit that I'm not his biggest fan, this guy isn't an NHL player in my mind, and that's it. He gets out of a lot of trouble because of his speed, as you've said, but the point that he gets in a lot of trouble is worrying to me.
The guy has played almost exclusively with noted slow-ass Adam Foote the last few years. Cumiskey actually hid a lot of his flaws imo. Not his own trouble.

I have no issue with him a bottom pairing guy, not seeing much PP time. I think he's definitely an NHLer.

Matt Hunwick on the other hand, he can't play defense nearly as good as Cumiskey, plus he makes more, and has the same offensive issues. He's not an NHLer these days. Having both on the same team is hilarious.

Old
07-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
The guy has played almost exclusively with noted slow-ass Adam Foote the last few years. Cumiskey actually hid a lot of his flaws imo. Not his own trouble.

I have no issue with him a bottom pairing guy, not seeing much PP time. I think he's definitely an NHLer.

Matt Hunwick on the other hand, he can't play defense nearly as good as Cumiskey, plus he makes more, and has the same offensive issues. He's not an NHLer these days. Having both on the same team is hilarious.
Yes, sadly I'm well aware of that. But I don't see any future for Cumiskey in Colorado with Elliot, Barrie, Chouinard, and Rutkowski in the pipeline as our future PMD's.

Old
07-22-2011, 02:28 PM
magnet43

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
Avs don't need another goalie, I'd rather have a late round pick for Cumisky and if that doesn't work...future considerations
Yes, you do.
Giguere and Varlamov? bottom 5 in the league as a tandem, no doubt about it. case closed.

magnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet43 View Post
Yes, you do.
Giguere and Varlamov? bottom 5 in the league as a tandem, no doubt about it. case closed.
If that tandem stays healthy, you couldn't be more wrong. Regardless, the Avs FO believes they have their starter and backup, so no the Avs do not need to trade for another goalie

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

I would like it - simply because I do not see any kind of use for Kyle Cumiskey and Nittymaki would be a decent goaltender depth addition for us.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:38 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Yes, you do.
not that you're right in the least, but nitty isn't better than either of those two anyway

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Pinkfloyd

Sharks are likely going to keep Niittymaki as there will be no suitors to take him until there are injuries to a few goalies and the free ones are snatched up like Leclaire, Emery, and Turco. Sharks won't be in a hurry to trade him either. Their only need is a top nine forward, they have plenty of cap space, and it won't hurt to have a veteran countrymen that's been a good teammate by all accounts continue to help Niemi by pushing him at the very least.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 900
Quote:
Yes, you do.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:03 PM
shadow1

Quote:

All I know is that when Cumiskey returned from injury last year, I was begging for Hunwick back after only one game.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Stanleyjub

Quote:
Yes, you do.
Hawks,Oilers,Panthers,Islanders,Coyotes have the worst tandem.

Ducks,Avs,Stars,Wings,Sens,Blues,Bolts,Leafs come then. So, as healthy no way bottom 5.

Stanleyjub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:14 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Won't happen...does Chicago need a back-up goalie for Crawford? We'd be willing to trade Niity for a top-9 forward! (Er...Niity + a pick for Bickell, or is that not enough? :O)

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote