HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue/White Scrimmage - Right Now

Old
07-18-2011, 01:27 PM
StormSurge9

vCash: 500
Storm fan here curious as to how McNaughton played during the game?

Hopefully he steps his game up because he is headed for a huge role this coming year in the OHL.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:35 PM
islandersfan1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Ha. "Crazed" is one word for it. 8 pages of posts from guys who are at home on a Saturday night in the summer.

islandersfan1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:52 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafterRat View Post
Thanks.... at this point it seems like it really hit him hard... the kid chats at 300mph and has barely spoke since it happened. We will see.... but I also won't let him get selfish about things (like the girls did) either. He seems to have that same "help others first" attitude that I have tried to teach him. yet we will see....just hurt to see him go through that after he was so high up from the good things he did.

It took all my strength not to be a typical "New Yorker" and snatch those sticks back or cause a scene....which overall does him better than if I did.
I saw this today and it made me think back to your story. Sucks what happened to your son, but if he keeps that "put others first" attitude, he'll definitely be rewarded.

The kid in this story got some instant karma: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp13421

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
NyIsles19

Quote:
Thanks.... at this point it seems like it really hit him hard... the kid chats at 300mph and has barely spoke since it happened. We will see.... but I also won't let him get selfish about things (like the girls did) either. He seems to have that same "help others first" attitude that I have tried to teach him. yet we will see....just hurt to see him go through that after he was so high up from the good things he did.

It took all my strength not to be a typical "New Yorker" and snatch those sticks back or cause a scene....which overall does him better than if I did.
i saw this happening and thought it was just sisters being mean to their little brother... cant believe they didnt even know him and just stole the sticks.. he clearly had them in his hands and they jus snatched them and literally laughed and giggled right in front of him and he looked stunned.. im sure there parents are proud

NyIsles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:03 PM
RafterRat

Thank you for all the positive comments regarding my son's plight...... it was also nice to see that a fellow HF'er witnessed what happened at the end of the night.

There has been a little more to this story since then....

While at the Meet and Greet portion, a wonderful young woman from Game Ops (wish I would have gotten her name) saw how upset my son was an attempted to help out after hearing his story. Apparently other people who may have witnessed my son's generosity( I am assuming the young man's father that my son gave the puck to) contacted NYI management also. I receieved an email from my ticket rep and the Director of Operations notifying me that they are have a stick for my son and to make arrangements for a pickup at their offices. They also complimented him on his action's.

I am so estactic, as a father, to see that principles I have encouraged in my son shine through at such times. We haven't told him about the email from the NYI yet. A few days after all this happened he came to me and said that although at the time he felt bad, he was happy to know that he made those other boys happy and the stick incident did not matter. That alone was enough for him, he still had a great time there.

His birthday is in early August..... I think he will like what he open's up that day.

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Thank you for all the positive comments regarding my son's plight...... it was also nice to see that a fellow HF'er witnessed what happened at the end of the night.

While at the Meet and Greet portion, a wonderful young woman from Game Ops (wish I would have gotten her name) saw how upset my son was an attempted to help out after hearing his story. Apparently other people who may have witnessed my son's generosity( I am assuming the young man's father that my son gave the puck to) contacted NYI management also. I receieved an email from my ticket rep and the Director of Operations notifying me that they are have a stick for my son and to make arrangements for a pickup at their offices. They also complimented him on his action's.

I am so estactic, as a father, to see that principles I have encouraged in my son shine through at such times. We haven't told him about the email from the NYI yet. A few days after all this happened he came to me and said that although at the time he felt bad, he was happy to know that he made those other boys happy and the stick incident did not matter. That alone was enough for him, he still had a great time there.

His birthday is in early August..... I think he will like what he open's up that day.
Maybe more parents should follow your role. Also other kids and even adults could learn a thing of two from him.

07-22-2011, 10:31 PM
InformTheMasses

Great ending to the story. Very glad to hear it.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Wow.... That's pretty surprising... I'm impressed.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote