HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Old
01-05-2011, 05:06 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Also to the regulars who post here, what do you know about golfing here and their prices?
Well, I usually just golf around my house (West Valley, 59th and Bell) so the best place I've been to is either The 500 Club up on Pinnacle Peak Road or Arrowhead Country Club at 67th Ave and Deer Valley Road.
There are other places I've been to such as Bel-Air, which is a cheap little par-3 but 18 hole course, Coldwater Creek which is in the SW Valley and a 'desert' course but still very nice.

My brother also plays on his high school golf team and they practice/hold tourneys at Union Hills Country Club which is around 91st and 99th Avenue(s) and Union Hills. I've never played there but from what I've seen when driving by, it looks pretty nice.

Unfortunately, I don't know about prices though as they fluctuate a lot depending on the season and the fact that I haven't been to any of those places let alone played any golf in forever.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Hi Guys
I would really appreciate some help on the best mode of transport to NASCAR this weekend. We want to enjoy some wobbly pops so we wont drive. Getting a taxi there shouldnt be an issue, what concerns me is getting a taxi home after the race. We are staying in Estrella. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Game 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post
Hi Guys
I would really appreciate some help on the best mode of transport to NASCAR this weekend. We want to enjoy some wobbly pops so we wont drive. Getting a taxi there shouldnt be an issue, what concerns me is getting a taxi home after the race. We are staying in Estrella. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You shouldn't have a problem with getting a taxi after NASCAR since like all the other sporting events they have cabs lined up to pick up one. What I would do as well is get the cell number of a cabbie who will drive you to NASCAR and give him or her a call when the race is over and have the cabbie met you at a certain spot.

Otherwise your best bet is renting a car.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Game 8

Quote:
You shouldn't have a problem with getting a taxi after NASCAR since like all the other sporting events they have cabs lined up to pick up one. What I would do as well is get the cell number of a cabbie who will drive you to NASCAR and give him or her a call when the race is over and have the cabbie met you at a certain spot.

Otherwise your best bet is renting a car.
Thanks a ton. I wondered how difficult it would be to get a taxi after the race!! Good luck to the Coyotes in the playoffs! I will be cheering for them!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post
Thanks a ton. I wondered how difficult it would be to get a taxi after the race!! Good luck to the Coyotes in the playoffs! I will be cheering for them!
If you do it right after the race it will be pretty tough but if you wait till almost everone is gone than you can one no problems.

Also I recommend Dicsount Cab as they are the most popular and nicer cabs.

602-200-2000

Old
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Game 8

Quote:
If you do it right after the race it will be pretty tough but if you wait till almost everone is gone than you can one no problems.

Also I recommend Dicsount Cab as they are the most popular and nicer cabs.

602-200-2000
Great, thank you!

Old
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
AllByDesign
Thomas who?

Stanley cup playoffs in Arizona

Hey there Coyotes fans. I am a friendly Manitoban visitor in the Phoenix area, and am just having a dilly of a time catching the Canucks/Sharks game tonight. More importantly the Bruins game tomorrow night. What station would I be tuning in to?

It should be noted that this is my first visit to this area, and this is an absolutely gorgeous state, with what I have found being the friendliest citizens I have met. There is plenty to be proud of here, it is an enviable location. I look forward to the rest of my week here. Thank you for your hospitality.

AllByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Fathead

The game would be on Versus. So it just depends on your location if they carry that channel.

Fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:14 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllByDesign View Post
Hey there Coyotes fans. I am a friendly Manitoban visitor in the Phoenix area, and am just having a dilly of a time catching the Canucks/Sharks game tonight. More importantly the Bruins game tomorrow night. What station would I be tuning in to?

It should be noted that this is my first visit to this area, and this is an absolutely gorgeous state, with what I have found being the friendliest citizens I have met. There is plenty to be proud of here, it is an enviable location. I look forward to the rest of my week here. Thank you for your hospitality.
Like rick said it's on versus. But to get Versus you will need high tier digital cable or satellite. Basic cable/over the air TV will not have it unfortunately. If wherever you are doesn't have it I'd check for a sports bar.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:16 PM
AllByDesign
Thomas who?

No less than five ESPN stations on this tv and no access to Versus. This sucks. Thanks for your help though!

AllByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:31 PM
CamTheMan

Hello Yotes fans, Posted here a few times before and was just wondering if anyone could answer me a question about computers. My father in law is heading to Glendale tomorrow and i want him to get me a laptop. Where in the glendale area is the cheapest place to get a good laptop? Any help would be much appreciated...

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 View Post
Hello Yotes fans, Posted here a few times before and was just wondering if anyone could answer me a question about computers. My father in law is heading to Glendale tomorrow and i want him to get me a laptop. Where in the glendale area is the cheapest place to get a good laptop? Any help would be much appreciated...
Why would you want your father in-law to get you a laptop in Glendale? You should just order one online!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
CamTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Why would you want your father in-law to get you a laptop in Glendale? You should just order one online!
Because i live in Eastern Canada and most every place you order from in the US will not deliver to Canada and the ones that do, you must pay duty and brokerage fees. Got any good local stores? They have a house in Glendale, so they do have an address to deliver to?

Old
06-29-2011, 08:33 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 View Post
Because i live in Eastern Canada and most every place you order from in the US will not deliver to Canada and the ones that do, you must pay duty and brokerage fees. Got any good local stores? They have a house in Glendale, so they do have an address to deliver to?
http://www.logicbuy.com/

Evern with delivery, brokerage, duty, VAT, liquor tax and bribing officials, it will be cheaper than any store in Glendale. I recommend taking advantage of the microsoft promo where you get a free xbox if you buy a laptop over $700

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:00 AM
CamTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
http://www.logicbuy.com/

Evern with delivery, brokerage, duty, VAT, liquor tax and bribing officials, it will be cheaper than any store in Glendale. I recommend taking advantage of the microsoft promo where you get a free xbox if you buy a laptop over $700

man....nice hookup...thanks a lot.

Old
07-19-2011, 05:48 PM
NYR89

Hey guys, so me and 3 buddies are planning a cross country trip with stops in St. Louis (on the way out), Phoenix, Los Angeles, Anaheim and Dallas (on the way home). We're going to set out from the Pittsburgh area and drive the 5100 miles round trip for the 5 games.

Anyway, on task. Are there any cheap hotel/motels anyone recommends? The cheaper the better, also, would it be easy to use public transport to get from Phoenix to LA? Obviously this would require a place to park a car for a few nights (maybe it's easier to just drive? Being college students we want to get tickets as cheaply as humanly possible. I'll be checking this site, ebay, stubhub and ticketexchange but I'm wondering if there are any other Coyotes specific tips you guys have. Is it easier to just go to the box office the day of the game?

Thanks for the help! The game in question would be March 12 vs Nashville.

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Hey guys, so me and 3 buddies are planning a cross country trip with stops in St. Louis (on the way out), Phoenix, Los Angeles, Anaheim and Dallas (on the way home). We're going to set out from the Pittsburgh area and drive the 5100 miles round trip for the 5 games.

Anyway, on task. Are there any cheap hotel/motels anyone recommends? The cheaper the better, also, would it be easy to use public transport to get from Phoenix to LA? Obviously this would require a place to park a car for a few nights (maybe it's easier to just drive? Being college students we want to get tickets as cheaply as humanly possible. I'll be checking this site, ebay, stubhub and ticketexchange but I'm wondering if there are any other Coyotes specific tips you guys have. Is it easier to just go to the box office the day of the game?

Going from Phoenix to LA, you best bet is to just drive.
1. Phoenix to LA driving is 4 hours where as taking a bus will be at least 8 hours each way while making stops along the way.
2. You would have to pay per person to ride the bus. Its much cheaper to just pack the car with people and chip in for gas.
3. You can pay for 1 or 2 hotel rooms and have your buddies split the cost. Checkout sites Expedia and look for hotels near the Staples Center. I was there back in January and got a great deal at the Biltmore in downtown LA.

Check out the 1st post made by me in this thread where I have alot of info.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:23 AM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Going from Phoenix to LA, you best bet is to just drive.
1. Phoenix to LA driving is 4 hours where as taking a bus will be at least 8 hours each way while making stops along the way.
2. You would have to pay per person to ride the bus. Its much cheaper to just pack the car with people and chip in for gas.
3. You can pay for 1 or 2 hotel rooms and have your buddies split the cost. Checkout sites Expedia and look for hotels near the Staples Center. I was there back in January and got a great deal at the Biltmore in downtown LA.

Check out the 1st post made by me in this thread where I have alot of info.
We ended up decided we'll drive. It's more helpful to have a car in LA anyway. We've targeted hotels and were able to find some fairly cheap ones already for the exact dates, but obviously we'll wait until it gets a little closer. Are there any bad areas of Phoenix we want to avoid?

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:49 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
We ended up decided we'll drive. It's more helpful to have a car in LA anyway. We've targeted hotels and were able to find some fairly cheap ones already for the exact dates, but obviously we'll wait until it gets a little closer. Are there any bad areas of Phoenix we want to avoid?
Scottsdale.

But seriously, South Phoenix can get pretty bad as can some parts of the lower West Valley.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:44 PM
zz

Quote:
Are there any cheap hotel/motels anyone recommends? The cheaper the better, also, would it be easy to use public transport to get from Phoenix to LA? Obviously this would require a place to park a car for a few nights (maybe it's easier to just drive? Being college students we want to get tickets as cheaply as humanly possible. I'll be checking this site, ebay, stubhub and ticketexchange but I'm wondering if there are any other Coyotes specific tips you guys have. Is it easier to just go to the box office the day of the game?

Nashville games don't sell, and it's a Monday game, right? The place will be empty. You should be able to wait until the last minute and find a good deal here, on stubhub, or through scalpers at the arena.

As far as hotel, since you'll have a car (you absolutely need a car in Phoenix btw - can't do anything without one), you probably don't really care where you'll be staying. Use Priceline.com a few days before coming here, and you should be fine. Airport hotels usually feature the best deals.

As far as 'safe' areas, as someone else said, south Phoenix is bad, but there's no reason why you'd want to go there anyway. You'll probably want to stay around Tempe, Scottsdale, downtown Phoenix, and Westgate/Glendale. No point in venturing elsewhere, not much to see or do.

But since you'll be coming from the east coast, I do have one recommendation for you: while driving, do not use your horn or flip anyone off. Seriously. It was a big change for me coming from a European metro area. People here are ****ing pyscho. Road rage incidents happen on a regular basis, and lots of folks have a gun in their car. I flipped an ******* once, and the guy tried to take me out of the road, mad max-style.

Welcome to Arizona...

Last edited by zz: 07-24-2011 at 06:07 PM.
zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Nashville games don't sell, and it's a Monday game, right? The place will be empty. You should be able to wait until the last minute and find a good deal here, on stubhub, or through scalpers at the arena.

As far as hotel, since you'll have a car (you absolutely need a car in Phoenix btw - can't do anything without one), you probably don't really care where you'll be staying. Use Priceline.com a few days before coming here, and you should be fine. Airport hotels usually feature the best deals.

As far as 'safe' areas, as someone else said, south Phoenix is bad, but there's no reason why you'd want to go there anyway. You'll probably want to stay around Tempe, Scottsdale, downtown Phoenix, and Westgate/Glendale. No point in venturing elsewhere, not much to see or do.

But since you'll be coming from the east coast, I do have one recommendation for you: while driving, do not use your horn or flip anyone off. Seriously. It was a big change for me coming from a European metro area. People here are ****ing pyscho. Road rage incidents happen on a regular basis, and lots of folks have a gun in their car. I flipped an ******* once, and the guy tried to take me out of the road, mad max-style.

Welcome to Arizona...
lol...not that I endorse Mad Maxing people but getting all angry in traffic and flipping people off is dumb as well.

Old
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Hi guys, looking for some input. I'll be down in Phoenix for 2 nights in late Sept before heading out to Las Vegas, which was originally for a concert that ended up cancelled in Scottsdale- I'll be meeting a friend from Tucson in Phoenix who has a relative in Gilbert.

I was thinking it'd be cool to stay around Old Town, but have no idea how far it is from Gilbert and convenience to travel back/forth for my friend to come visit us if she stays with her sister. It looks relatively close on the map but have no idea about traffic conditions etc. Just looking for some input - I'm kinda torn.

What is the temperature like around late Sept?

One more question, when do preseason tix usually go on sale and any ideas on typical cost? I see there is a split squad game with LA happening on the 23rd, thinking maybe we'd check that out..

Thanks in advance for any responses

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozolinsh_27 View Post
Hi guys, looking for some input. I'll be down in Phoenix for 2 nights in late Sept before heading out to Las Vegas, which was originally for a concert that ended up cancelled in Scottsdale- I'll be meeting a friend from Tucson in Phoenix who has a relative in Gilbert.

I was thinking it'd be cool to stay around Old Town, but have no idea how far it is from Gilbert and convenience to travel back/forth for my friend to come visit us if she stays with her sister. It looks relatively close on the map but have no idea about traffic conditions etc. Just looking for some input - I'm kinda torn.

What is the temperature like around late Sept?

One more question, when do preseason tix usually go on sale and any ideas on typical cost? I see there is a split squad game with LA happening on the 23rd, thinking maybe we'd check that out..

Thanks in advance for any responses
Assuming no traffic, Gilbert is about a 20-25 minute drive from Old Town. The only times you really need to worry about traffic are from roughly 6:30-9:30am and 3:30-6:30pm. If you're looking to enjoy Phoenix nightlife you DEFINITELY want to stay in Old Town.

Temps will still be warm in the day (low 90's) but should be really nice at night.

Old
09-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

RIP Scottsdale 6 Drive-In

Old
09-29-2011, 11:58 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Does your guys's team store sell Coyote Jerseys with names on them already? If so how much are they charging for them?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote