HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers to trade Zuccarello ?

Old
07-23-2011, 12:07 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

vCash: 500
If the right offer comes along I wouldn't be heartbroken....

If an early second or possibly first is one the table, goodbye.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I think he could put up atleast 35 points this year if he plays on the 3rd line consistently. He doesn't provide much else, however. If we could get a 2nd for him I'd probably do it.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
I'm a big fan of Zucc and his passing ability. Building on that, I think he can be a clutch fit in some situations; he just needs some time to grow.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Yea, those short players like Gionta and St. Louis are god awful, I'm not sure why they still try to stick around the league.
Yea they showed they can hang and God bless them for it.. Zuc needs to show it and be able to hang.. i said he will never score 20 hope i am wrong just not a fan

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:26 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
We won't. Zuccarello helped bring many valuable Norwegian fans. I like Norwegian people, they're cool. Zucca stays.
Definitely. Who cares if we win or lose as long as we have a few thousand Norwegian fans?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:42 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Yea they showed they can hang and God bless them for it.. Zuc needs to show it and be able to hang.. i said he will never score 20 hope i am wrong just not a fan
Well, I think it is a little unfair to use goals as a measuring stick for Zuccs, considering he is more of the playmaking type.

The guy came in from Europe, had to adjust to the smaller ice surface/different game, and was able to showcase his playmaking abilities pretty well.

Not saying he will be a St. Louis/Gionta, but he's shown more then you are giving him credit for.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Yea, those short players like Gionta and St. Louis are god awful, I'm not sure why they still try to stick around the league.
Ah yes, the ol' St Louis argument ... any time anyone criticizes a player's size then everyone points to one of the few exceptions in the league. One of the most talented players in the world hands down.

If you are that small and weak, then you better be an easy top-6 player. I see a lot more Prucha/Dawes in his game then St Louis/Gionta....

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:06 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

I don't see how Zucc won't be on the roster. I don't see why if he doesn't perform in camp, someone will get waived or cut from the roster, most likely EC, to give him a spot on the team.

He also wouldn't have to play every game. He could sit a couple games with the depth the team has in the bottom 6. I could see something like this:

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Zuccarello-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Feds
Rupp/Avery-Boyle-Prust

Zuccarello can then swap with Wolski if one is performing better or if one is slumping. LW is very flexible on the team with Dubi being able to play with the 2nd line or top line as well. Bottom 6 has a lot of flexibility with Rupp being able to play center as well. Could move Stepan to 2nd line winger as well for a couple games.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Ah yes, the ol' St Louis argument ... any time anyone criticizes a player's size then everyone points to one of the few exceptions in the league. One of the most talented players in the world hands down.

If you are that small and weak, then you better be an easy top-6 player. I see a lot more Prucha/Dawes in his game then St Louis/Gionta....
The point was obviously that small players can be game changers.

As for everybody who wants to trade him... He's 23, first year on american rinks, first year in the NHL, and put up 23 points in half of a season. Why can't he end up as a top-6 player, and even more so, why should we give up on him this quick?

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

difference between Gionta/St. Louis and Zuccarello are 2 huge things. Speed and tenacity. Both of those guys are tenacious forecheckers with borderline elite speed. MZA...hes got average speed at best, and isn't a particularly good forechecker as he is so easily moved off the puck. He doenst have that escapability those other 2 guys have. if he can increase his speed significantly, then he most definitely has the talent that those other 2 mighty mouses do.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Esa 10

Purely baseless speculation.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Blueblood 2

The reason he comes up in trade rumors is because other teams are interested. They see the talent. Even Avery would be gone before him. I don't buy into Torts giving a crap about the Gabby friendship.

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:09 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
If underhill does to zucc what she did to boyle then he can easily be a 15-20 goal scorer. the kid has the raw talent. no reason to sell low.
This and a half, anyone with The Magic Barb makes this team in my eyes.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
With Prospal officially gone, we can't deal away all our depth. Depth is the reason the team was able to play well all year long despite the injuries.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

If he was drafted by the Rangers and had made his organizational debut last season, he'd be the next coming of Marty St. Louis. However, since he isn't home grown, he's "nothing special."

If he improves his skating enough working with Barb Underhill, he has all of the tools to be a quality 2nd line winger in this league. Foolish to write him off after half a season.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:09 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Exactly. People are so quick to write in Hagelin into the lineup because he's homegrown. I'm a big fan of Hagelin but I think Zucarello's upside is higher.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
This tread makes my heart melting.
It is good to read,that not everybody has given up on him just yet.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 04:08 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Development takes time. Vinny Prospal spent 4 yrs in the minors before becoming the player he was. MZA shouldn't be given up on and I really don't see any reason the Rangers would.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If he was drafted by the Rangers and had made his organizational debut last season, he'd be the next coming of Marty St. Louis. However, since he isn't home grown, he's "nothing special."

If he improves his skating enough working with Barb Underhill, he has all of the tools to be a quality 2nd line winger in this league. Foolish to write him off after half a season.
How about this one? Does someone have to be bias to not see a certain prospect succeeding? He's not homegrown? Who cares... The point is that a player that small needs to have top talent along with speed. I may be wrong, and I hope I am. To me a guy who is so weak on the puck and doesn't have that speed just isn't going to do it. His play along the boards is very poor as well. Now if he can increase his speed and strength, then maybe he will work out, but I have my doubts. I'm not saying dump the kid for nothing, but I just don't see a guy like this being on an NHL roster during playoff hockey.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Oh, the Rangers' most expendable forwards are on the trade block? Really? Thanks for that analysis.

Wolski, Christensen and Avery are all expendable. So is Zucc and even some others. That's not rocket science. What's funny though is that Zucc is automatically a question mark this season because of our glut at forwards. He has every chance to make this team if not more-so than Avery, Christensen, Wolski and the like because he played 42 games last year and scored 23 points. That's a 45 point pace for a full season. How many points did Stepan score this year? 45. He's a team fanboy.

Some fans make no sense sometimes. Is it because Zucc came out of left field instead of boiling first in our system? Is it because he's short? Sure. But you don't cut off his chances after he produced.

I'm not even a Zucc fan and I see no reason why we don't give him another opportunity.

You wanna cut someone? Cut Christensen or Avery. Scratch that, cut both. They're not exactly young and promising anymore, in fact they're quite the farthest from it. Journeyman Christensen has a reputation of an uncaring attitude and has huge consistency issues. He's not even worth it as a spare forward and Avery has been neutered by the league for a while now and serves as a detriment. While we're up against the cap with a glut of forwards, I cut these two guys any day over Wolski and Zucc who have or had potential and/or can hit strong point totals.

It's not like Avery or Christensen bring anything more to the table outside of point producing (which they barely do), at least Zucc and Wolski can (and have) scored points even though they don't help out in many other ways.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
If underhill does to zucc what she did to boyle then he can easily be a 15-20 goal scorer. the kid has the raw talent. no reason to sell low.
Shes goin to make him taller or stronger in his skates? His shortcomings arent skating related.

07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Shes goin to make him taller or stronger in his skates? His shortcomings arent skating related.
Eh, I think his skating somewhat affects his game. Unlike the other successful diminutive players in this league, he isn't very quick at all. Is he a terrible skater? No, but I do think it would serve him well to shore up in that department.

Now, I don't think it's his biggest issue, either, but I do think if he improves his skating, it would increase the probabilities of him sticking at this level.

Having said that, I don''t think it'll make or break his NHL career.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:48 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Eh, I think if he were faster, it would help his game out quite a bit.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:25 PM
NYRKING30

i hope MZA stays with us. would love to see what he can do in a full season

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:27 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
How about this one? Does someone have to be bias to not see a certain prospect succeeding? He's not homegrown? Who cares... The point is that a player that small needs to have top talent along with speed. I may be wrong, and I hope I am. To me a guy who is so weak on the puck and doesn't have that speed just isn't going to do it. His play along the boards is very poor as well. Now if he can increase his speed and strength, then maybe he will work out, but I have my doubts. I'm not saying dump the kid for nothing, but I just don't see a guy like this being on an NHL roster during playoff hockey.
You(and others) are drawing permanent conclusions on him based on half a season in the NHL..what's next, should we trade Stepan because he only put up 42 points in his rookie year? Development doesn't happen instantly - it takes time. And guess what - the reason they call it player development is that skills grow over time. I've made this point before, but you really have to be patient with young players to see what they will grow into. And for heaven's sake can we stop drawing permanent conclusions of players based on half a season cause that's ridiculous.

The reality is he was on pace for a 44 point rookie season which is no joke. And nobody here can say they know how his skills will grow as he develops. Maybe he gets stronger? Faster? Develops a better shot? Becomes really good defensively? Can any of us really say? Did we really think Cally would be close to 30-30 2 years ago? Did any of us know who Henrik was when we drafted him? The examples keep going and going. Do you really want to write off a kid who could be our next top 6 forward because he's short? To me that's really dumb. We need all the scoring talent we can find and this kid has a bunch of talent.

Last edited by NYRangers16: 07-23-2011 at 06:32 PM.
NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote