HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline Hockey Skate Choices..

Old
07-09-2011, 01:46 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

vCash: 500
Inline Hockey Skate Choices..

Hi,

I've been trying to choose between three inline hockey skates. Has anyone had any experience with any of these? Right now, I'll be using them as fitness outdoors and then eventually indoor hockey perhaps this winter/spring. I've had a pair of CCM's but they tore up the inside of my heels with blisters.

Reebok Pump 8K - Reviews have been that they fall apart easily. I'm most interested in the pump function to help with the heel.

Mission Axiom T7 - Great reviews, but not sure how supportive they are.

Mission Axiom T6 - Also great reviews, cheaper, and again not sure on support.

I have an old pair of Bauer Supreme ice hockey skates (bought in mid-90's) that have been great. They are falling apart due to age, but I loved them. Should I be looking at Bauer Inlines?

Thanks

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Fred89

For the little experience i have from friends, Missions should be a good choice.

Anyway Reeboks are probably a bit wide in fitting, if you have heel problems you should maybe look for something that locks the heel more, even without the "help" of the Pump.

I personally have a pair of RX:05 that i use for outside skating, but still no hockey.. they're good as hell for me since the fit is similar to my Supremes, except for the stance that is aggressive.. and i'm not a super skater (skates well on ice though)!
If you plan on playing some kind of hockey lately, just stick with something up in the line. Mission or Bauer maybe.. Reeboks if you have wide foot or some kind of "strange" things to the feet that might require custom fit..

Fred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Ozz

I was always a Bauer guy growing up and was never happy with any other skate. Nowadays I play on, and love, RBK pumps. I could never get comfortable in Missions, they always gave me a problem on the bottoms or sides of my feet. Granted I hadn't tried out any of the top of the line Missions, but I wasn't interested in doing so after the bad experience w/their other lines.

Anyway, back to experience, my pumps have been going strong for about a year and a half now. Last year I was on our outside rink 1-2x a week, and since winter have been on our league rink 1x per week. They definitely get their use. They are taking a bit of a beating but still hold up very well. No fraying on the boot like my old Bauers did, though they're different material so that's to be expected. But none of the plastic or chassis has dented or cracked (despite getting pinged with pucks, etc), the air pockets still pump up nicely, etc. The ONLY thing not perfect whatsoever, and this is quite minimal, is that the screw on one skate which holds the locking lace eyelet in place sometimes comes slightly loose. That's not really a problem but you have to flick it back into place in order to "Lock down" your laces the way you like. I know some people who play on Pumps and omit the use of these eyelets anyway, so that may not even be a problem. Or you can just grab a small screwdriver, tighten it, and not worry about them again for a few weeks. It's so small of an issue that I don't even bother to take 30 seconds to put some threadlocker on the screw, so take that FWIW

Last edited by Ozz: 07-10-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 09:30 AM
rk50

Can anyone explain the "general fit" of brands? Like which are tight or wide and where on the foot. Mostly want to know about Bauer, Mission, and RBK.

rk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:14 AM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk50 View Post
Can anyone explain the "general fit" of brands? Like which are tight or wide and where on the foot. Mostly want to know about Bauer, Mission, and RBK.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:22 AM
izzy3

Bauer Supremes and the Inline Vapors fit differently. Supremes are wide, Vapors are rather narrow fit. Reebok fits wider too.

FWIW I've been using a Reebok 6K for 1.5 years for playing hockey on an asphalt rink (which is much more severe on skates than a nice sportcourt). I bought the 6K as a "test" because I wasn't sure about reebok and the pump either. Well, the pump still holds up, and the skates are still going. My next skate will be an 8K, when the 6K falls apart, which I think still going to be another 1 year of play.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:42 PM
LA Kings Hockey

i got a pair of nike bauer vapor xxr lite skates and they are sweet. they have good support and my only complaint is the one up wheel set up (from front; 76mm,76mm,80mm,78mm) but if you replace the 78mm wheel with an 80mm it becomes a high low. pretty cheap too.

LA Kings Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:37 PM
corrupted youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Hockey View Post
i got a pair of nike bauer vapor xxr lite skates and they are sweet. they have good support and my only complaint is the one up wheel set up (from front; 76mm,76mm,80mm,78mm) but if you replace the 78mm wheel with an 80mm it becomes a high low. pretty cheap too.
i have the xxr's from when they first came out for about the last 3 years now and it has been put through hell and back and it is holding up but starting to show its age. I agree that the 76 76 80 78 idea is pretty dumb especially because not many manufacturers (i live in so cal where rink rat, labeda, and revision are all made) provide the 78mm wheel size, just use the 80 and you got urself a mission high low haha

As stated above my skates are over 3 years old so ive been looking in to getting some new skates and based on what i have heard around the rinks and my ex co-workers at hockeygiant i'm leaning toward the T6's. I have heard some problems about the T7's and T8's regarding lace bite and the boot creasing over fairly easily. I have heard nothing but praise for the T6's. I wouldnt know though since i havent skated in them but just thought you would like to hear another opinion.

corrupted youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:00 AM
jwitz04

I just bought mission t6's. Had missions before these and loved them.

jwitz04 is offline   Reply With Quote