HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

if we still have one more off season move... who will it be?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
  #1
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
if we still have one more off season move... who will it be?

i know i can't be alone(and sports radio and sportsnet both seem to agree) in thinking that it seems like the flyers should be making one more move this offseason. now that the stamkos buzz has been squashed by the lightning finally resigning him, and new rumors of drury and hemsky surfacing, i was wondering who, if anyone (because saying that they won't get anyone is a valid point as well) eveyone here realistically thinks might be wearing orange and black when the puck finally drops next season. so have at it everyone! this is my first thread post! hope it starts some lively debate!!!!

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
  #2
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
i know i can't be alone(and sports radio and sportsnet both seem to agree) in thinking that it seems like the flyers should be making one more move this offseason. now that the stamkos buzz has been squashed by the lightning finally resigning him, and new rumors of drury and hemsky surfacing, i was wondering who, if anyone (because saying that they won't get anyone is a valid point as well) eveyone here realistically thinks might be wearing orange and black when the puck finally drops next season. so have at it everyone! this is my first thread post! hope it starts some lively debate!!!!
Honestly I think the Stamkos situation was definitely legitimate I think if Homer realized that they could not get him signed they would of submitted an offersheet and let things play out. I think that Homer is happy with them team we have for now for this season moving forward. If we do make another move I hope its something just for this year ala Jagr. Next seasons Free Agent and Draft class is supposed to be one of the best in quite some time.

P.S. Where did you hear about Hemsky this is the first im hearing of it?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:55 AM
  #3
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,314
vCash: 500
Shelley, Leighton and Walker for a bag of pucks. That is seriously what SHOULD happen. I know it's 3 pieces, but I mean at once .

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
  #4
Schenn10
Registered User
 
Schenn10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
We have ~100,000 in cap space. Lappy will go on LTIR. Only moves left are determining which prospects will fill out the last few forward spots.

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
  #5
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Honestly I think the Stamkos situation was definitely legitimate I think if Homer realized that they could not get him signed they would of submitted an offersheet and let things play out. I think that Homer is happy with them team we have for now for this season moving forward. If we do make another move I hope its something just for this year ala Jagr. Next seasons Free Agent and Draft class is supposed to be one of the best in quite some time.

P.S. Where did you hear about Hemsky this is the first im hearing of it?
there was some buzz about hemsky on 610 wip and then some posts here about it. all rumors but still something to think about.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:07 PM
  #6
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
i think drury could happen. if the moneys right and the knea is good it could be a really good move but those are big ifs

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:09 PM
  #7
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
We have ~100,000 in cap space. Lappy will go on LTIR. Only moves left are determining which prospects will fill out the last few forward spots.
Lappy on LTIR. Send down Barts. Bring up Holmstrom and Gustafsson and keep Lilja as our #7. We then have about 291K left with 13 forwards, 7 d-men and 2 goalies.

Actually, on a side note, if Gus really does earn a spot, would it probably be a beneficial thing for the team and for Barts if he got traded to a team that could really use him? Young d-man who is on the cheap and doesn't suck?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:24 PM
  #8
BWAVgal
The Mockingjay lives
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 50
Only thing I see is Couturier been signed.

Can someone explain the figures next to Schenn's contract? Am I reading right? He isn't getting 3 mil, is he?

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
  #9
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i think drury could happen. if the moneys right and the knea is good it could be a really good move but those are big ifs
The money might be right, but I strongly doubt the knee is.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:14 PM
  #10
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 400
Drury is still possible, but honestly I think they're fine as is, and should stay put. We shouldn't have signed Lilja, or Bach.

If we roll:

JvR-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Briere-Jagr
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Nodl-Holmstrom-Talbot

Shelley, Rinaldo, Betts

Timonen-Coburn
Carle-Pronger
Gustafsson-Meszaros
Lilja

That's a really good lineup. It also gives us a 4th line that can play 10+ mins a night, and PK. We saw how important BOS and VAN's 4th lines played a roll last season, and ours was huge in '10 when we went the cup with a healthy Lappy.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
  #11
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Only thing I see is Couturier been signed.

Can someone explain the figures next to Schenn's contract? Am I reading right? He isn't getting 3 mil, is he?

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24
His contract is loaded with bonuses. He may not earn the entire $3.1M, but because of the CBA ending(i think) it will count against the cap regardless.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:59 PM
  #12
Rick Deckard
Registered User
 
Rick Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Only thing I see is Couturier been signed.

Can someone explain the figures next to Schenn's contract? Am I reading right? He isn't getting 3 mil, is he?

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24
If you click on "Show Salaries" it shows what he really earns, $900.000 this season. The other $2.115.000 are bonuses he can earn for winning individual league trophies (Conn Smythe, Selke ... ) or personal stats (games played, goals, points ...).

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:33 PM
  #13
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,986
vCash: 500
would anyone be interested in maybe giving JP Dumont a shot? he was a consistent 60-70 point guy just a few seasons ago. maybe a change of scenery is what he needs?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:46 PM
  #14
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
It think signing a forward like Dumont or Drury or a defenseman like Hannan or McCabe completely depends on if we're interested in trading Bob/Carle. I wouldn't mind either way, depending on prospect and picks coming back obviously. I wasn't opposed to trading Gagne either until I saw the return.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:42 PM
  #15
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Fredrik sjostrom to a try out contract and seeing how he does as a PKer.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 03:57 PM
  #16
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Fredrik sjostrom to a try out contract and seeing how he does as a PKer.
Really, really big no. This guy is awful. Really, really awful.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:53 PM
  #17
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgantown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,481
vCash: 500
I'm not sure I want this to happen but I would not be surprised if Bobrovsky was traded before the start of camp for somebody's young defenseman/d prospect.

I also think it is very likely that Leighton is removed somehow as well as Shelley and maybe (prob not) Betts in order to free up money.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
  #18
Guffaw
Registered User
 
Guffaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Drexel Hill PA
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Drury is still possible, but honestly I think they're fine as is, and should stay put. We shouldn't have signed Lilja, or Bach.

If we roll:

JvR-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Briere-Jagr
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Nodl-Holmstrom-Talbot

Shelley, Rinaldo, Betts

Timonen-Coburn
Carle-Pronger
Gustafsson-Meszaros
Lilja

That's a really good lineup. It also gives us a 4th line that can play 10+ mins a night, and PK. We saw how important BOS and VAN's 4th lines played a roll last season, and ours was huge in '10 when we went the cup with a healthy Lappy.
Agreed. Let the kids play. You can always do something at the trade deadline if they look like they have a shot.

I haven't been this excited about a Flyers season in awhile. Reason being no matter how good the team was from the goalie out you always knew they're goalie wasn't good enough to win it. For the past 20 years you knew. This year is different.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:28 PM
  #19
FlaFlyersFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Port St. Joe Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Yes I'm ready to go with what we have, I think a couple of our young guys are better than what's really out there.

FlaFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 08:35 PM
  #20
FlaFlyersFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Port St. Joe Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Drury is still possible, but honestly I think they're fine as is, and should stay put. We shouldn't have signed Lilja, or Bach.

If we roll:

JvR-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Briere-Jagr
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Nodl-Holmstrom-Talbot

Shelley, Rinaldo, Betts

Timonen-Coburn
Carle-Pronger
Gustafsson-Meszaros
Lilja

That's a really good lineup. It also gives us a 4th line that can play 10+ mins a night, and PK. We saw how important BOS and VAN's 4th lines played a roll last season, and ours was huge in '10 when we went the cup with a healthy Lappy.
That is a sweet fourth line,would'nt that be nice to have everyone in the lineup with a purpose

FlaFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:08 PM
  #21
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
There were some discussion here before the free agency period began that Schenn would be a sort of cap casualty. He might be good enough to play in the NHL, but is he good enough to play to his 3M cap hit?

With the bonus overage being what it is, and if the management is reluctant to start the season being forced to have Lappy on LTIR, anyone thinks we'll see another signing for a 3rd line center (Drury? Madden?) and keep Schenn in the AHL? Madden isn't really a 3rd line center anymore imo, we all knew the risks of signing Drury, and we can't add a contract at the moment anyway, but I wouldn't be too shocked if something like this happened. Although, if I had to bet on this, I'd say that Schenn makes the team.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:21 PM
  #22
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,022
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind Sjöström for the PK and 4th line for a league minimum contract. I know he's not a good player, but he's pretty good at what he actually is supposed to do. Similar to Betts.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:52 PM
  #23
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
I would love to sign Chris Drury to a reasonable contract to play LW on our third line with Schenn and Simmonds. Drury played wing when he was on Forsberg's line in Colorado, right? We would have to clear some space for him, however, which could be done by trading Bobrovsky and bringing in a cheaper back-up goalie (even though I'd like to keep Bob).

James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.250m)
Chris Drury ($2.000m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.845m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m)

Matt Carle ($3.437m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.737m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Ray Emery ($0.500m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $1,402,500

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $591,905


Last edited by Four Boilermakers: 07-23-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:20 PM
  #24
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Shelley, Leighton and Walker for a bag of pucks. That is seriously what SHOULD happen. I know it's 3 pieces, but I mean at once .
seriously you want a whole bag for those guys? come on, talk about an overpayment. What a homer. One puck is better value IMO.

on a more serious note I don't see any trades before the start of the season and if there is one It will probably be Bob for picks/prospects. As most have said I think Gus will compete for the 6th spot knocking bart to the phantoms and maybe one of holmstrom, testwuide or read for a 3rd/4th line role. I would like to see shelley moved in favor of sestito but Paul has a major man crush on him as we all know.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:32 PM
  #25
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
seriously you want a whole bag for those guys? come on, talk about an overpayment. What a homer. One puck is better value IMO.

on a more serious note I don't see any trades before the start of the season and if there is one It will probably be Bob for picks/prospects. As most have said I think Gus will compete for the 6th spot knocking bart to the phantoms and maybe one of holmstrom, testwuide or read for a 3rd/4th line role. I would like to see shelley moved in favor of sestito but Paul has a major man crush on him as we all know.
Man crush? What ever floats your boat.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.