HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Has ESPN screwed hockey fans again.

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Kenadyan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
However no one is stopping Bettman from expanding his horizons when the contract is up. NBC, TBS, UPN, FX, even Spike TV. If they went on TBS or TNT though, the Atlanta Thrashers would become the Anaheim Mighty Ducks of today. Getting national TV exposure simply because they are a brainchild of the people running the network.
Fine by me as long as FX doesn't implement Fox's stupid glow-puck. Man that thing was terrible. Remember how you could "see" the puck through the boards?

Old
10-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Hold the Pickles

Come on everyone should know by now what "ESPN" stands for...

Everything from Spelling bees to Poker Network

When they start airing music videos, you know we're all in trouble.

Seriously, maybe it is time for a change. As long as the new guys don't feature glowing pucks we should be fine.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Any network would have more incentive than ESPN to promote hockey. They have none since they got the NBA. Any effort on their part could increase the rating share of hockey games. Not only that, the little coverage they give is completely tilted to a few teams. Not a great way to generate lots of interest or widen the viewing audience...

Old
10-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MrBean-
If they had that, it would definately make center ice a must have. And speaking of the guy with the kill button.

I hate it when they cover games that they are in an area where have to blackout even the commercials. I always feel like I am missing something.
Supposedly the NHL Network is supposed to eventually fill this void on Center Ice, but its once again a no-show as of right now. I've heard there are certain contract issues preventing it from being added to the NHL: CI package, but that its still planned down the road. I can't speak for the NFL Sunday ticket package, but I'm pretty certain the NBA season pass has its own dedicated NBA channel with highlights, previews, recaps etc...

Old
10-21-2003, 04:31 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenadyan
Fine by me as long as FX doesn't implement Fox's stupid glow-puck. Man that thing was terrible. Remember how you could "see" the puck through the boards?
I guess then they could just go with FOX with most of the games being on FX. The glowing puck never bothered me. I actually perferred FOX to ABC. FOX at least had games every week.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:46 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I suggest you guys pick up Center Ice down there in the states.
I have Center Ice and I enjoy it immencely. It just pisses me off the amount of disrespect that ESPN shows hockey.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:48 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
They make shows like that new 'football drama' and play the hell out of it but don't have time for a 30 minute hockey show.
That show "Playmakers" sucks, what a waste of time.

Closed Thread