HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville Edmonton

Old
07-23-2011, 07:34 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
I'm not the type to overvalue our prospects, but I think alot of people are undervaluing Blum.

I think the guy is a Ryan Suter clone, and, unlike alot of prospects, is very likely to reach that potential.

Personally, I'd almost rather see us put out a Suter/Weber on the block - the return would be greater than Blum, and Blum would be a lot cheaper for us while he's here, and I really don't think the play will be that much different in a year or 2.

I think this is a fair deal value wise - MPS for Blum.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I'm not the type to overvalue our prospects, but I think alot of people are undervaluing Blum.

I think the guy is a Ryan Suter clone, and, unlike alot of prospects, is very likely to reach that potential.

Personally, I'd almost rather see us put out a Suter/Weber on the block - the return would be greater than Blum, and Blum would be a lot cheaper for us while he's here, and I really don't think the play will be that much different in a year or 2.

I think this is a fair deal value wise - MPS for Blum.
What I hear Winnipeg was willing to trade Bogosian for MPS and Blum is no Bogosian. If Tambo is not willing to trade MPS for Bogosian, what makes you think he'll trade for Blum.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
What I hear Winnipeg was willing to trade Bogosian for MPS and Blum is no Bogosian. If Tambo is not willing to trade MPS for Bogosian, what makes you think he'll trade for Blum.
Source? That's simply hearsay and not valid to use in your argument. Besides Bogosian is one of the most overrated players on these boards. People rate him so highly just because of his physical skills but he has been underwhelming while Blum came into a tough situation with the Preds during the middle of the year and played like a seasoned vet.

I might trade on of Blum,Ellis,Josi for Paajarvi if there was a deal to be made and I would add a little if the Oilers were hesitant but it wouldn't be anything significant and it wouldn't be a first round pick.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
First of all, I think even if Bouillon isn't healthy we will bury Lebda in the minors, or at best keep him in the press box in a suit as a #7. If Bouillon is healthy I still don't think we can sacrifice our #3/#4 (depending on how Blum looks next year) defenseman just because we have Cube. I like Bouillon, but in reality he belongs on the third pairing.

Now, if you want to discuss trading Klein without worrying about anything else that's going on, I think the offer of Omark would be interesting. The problem I have with Omark is that it seems like, while obviously talented, he is a bit overhyped. I admittedly haven't seen a lot of the kid (sorry, but Edmonton hasn't been on the play off radar, so I haven't watched their games unless a team we have been in direct competition with was playing them), but from what I've seen and have been told he isn't very responsible defensively and he is one dimensional. If that's the case, I think you either have to add or switch players. Klein is a bit of an enigma. Quiet like Suter, but not on a pairing with Weber, won't be on the international stage any time soon, and doesn't have the bloodline so he isn't as well-known. As I said previously, Klein alone should get us a 40pt forward, preferably one with some two-way ability. Omark certainly has that 40+ pt. potential, but I'm not sure potential alone gets that deal done. Another thing I've noticed simply by looking at his stats is that Omark seems to be much more of a playmaker than a goal scorer. We have our fair share of play makers, so I don't think that's what we would be looking for in return.

Feel free to skewer me, Oil fans. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the wisest person with regards to anything, especially Omark.
I really have no issues with your assessment of Omark, but I'll give you my $0.25 scouting report.

Omark is a player that most certainly carries an "offense-first" mentality, and possesses many offensive characteristics in abundance. He's quite electrifying and can be a game changer. He's very creative with the puck and has excellent vision. One thing that may surprise you is his incredible leg strength, which, despite his size, makes it difficult to knock him off of the puck.

While this year's stats have him with only 5 goals in 51 NHL games, it's not an indicator of his goal-scoring ability. To compare, in 28 AHL games, he scored 14 goals, including a 5 goal game (plus a shootout goal).

Defensive-zone coverage is obviously his weakness. He will never be mistaken for Dasyuk on the ice, despite their similar builds. He also struggled a lot with consistency this year, a lot of which can be attributed to the adjustment to the North American culture and style of play. As the year went on, his on-ice play improved tremendously.

The only reason Omark becomes expendable is due to Edmonton's top-6 depth on the wing. Unfortunately, his game really isn't suited to the bottom 6, although that's likely where he'll start this year. I believe he'd be a great fit in Nashville playing either wing with of you two-way centres (Legwand or Fisher). Given ample PP time, I see no reason he couldn't be a 50 point guy on the Preds.

Last edited by Ryno: 07-23-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Poor Grammar
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Nug2hall2ebs

MPs is better than blin straight up. Worth an extra first round maby not remember MPs is playing second fiddle to Taylor hall.

Nug2hall2ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 09:42 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nug2hall2ebs View Post
MPs is better than blin straight up. Worth an extra first round maby not remember MPs is playing second fiddle to Taylor hall.
So how drunk are you?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote