HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What would your final moves be?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2011, 06:47 AM
  #276
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino3176 View Post
1) Sign Hannann for 2 years @ 2.5 per.
2) Trade Gomez to the Islanders for draft picks.
3) Trade Gill and Schultz to the Kings for Clifford.
4) Trade White to Devils for Clarkson.
5) Sign Boynton as 7 d-man.
6) Sign Madden for 4th line C or Mair either one will be good.
7) Trade Spacek to Leafs for Komisarek.
What does trading Gomez accomplish if we don't bring in somebody who is clearly better.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 09:34 AM
  #277
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I'd take a flyer on Vinny Prospal for 1 year in a heart beat.

Still think if we don't eat some of them Hamrlik minutes we could be in trouble.
I second that. With all this apparent depth, I'm sure there are teams out there willing to move a Dman. Calgary just did with Reghr, why not some one else? Douglas Murray in SJ? What could we give for him? How about a long shot and get Brad Stuart from Detroit? Possibly Jackman from ST-L?
I pretty sure these guys are not on the trading block but I'm sure we could get one of them if we use our depth and make a good package.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:03 AM
  #278
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I'd take a flyer on Vinny Prospal for 1 year in a heart beat.

Still think if we don't eat some of them Hamrlik minutes we could be in trouble.
Our top 9 is loaded now. let's give a chance to Eller and Desharnais to play on that 3rd line.

Just need extra experience/grit/muscle/defensive awareness on our bottom line, or 13th player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I second that. With all this apparent depth, I'm sure there are teams out there willing to move a Dman. Calgary just did with Reghr, why not some one else? Douglas Murray in SJ? What could we give for him? How about a long shot and get Brad Stuart from Detroit? Possibly Jackman from ST-L?
I pretty sure these guys are not on the trading block but I'm sure we could get one of them if we use our depth and make a good package.
When you have already a reliable guy like Hamrlik, you just KEEP HIM !

Boo boo of the year by Gauthier.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:55 AM
  #279
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
When you have already a reliable guy like Hamrlik, you just KEEP HIM !

Boo boo of the year by Gauthier.
Thats all good and all but I would not go and put blame on PG. Yea we all eared Hamrlik's claim to stay for less money but did he? You could say that he only took 7 million to play for the cap, but nowhere did PG said what was the offer on the table for Hamrlik. A few reliable sources claimed it was for 1 year. If he really wanted to stay in Montreal, he would not have signed JULY ****ING 1st!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
  #280
Celtic Cross
Registered User
 
Celtic Cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
mtl August moves

Besides gorges and coaching replacements the orginization has been quiet. What's going on? Lost out on Richards. Gomez said no too nyi trade. And rumours of aquiring Erik Christiansen.

We have 7 players capable of being top 6 players? Why not offer up Kostitsyn to Dallas for Steve Ott?

Kostitsyn replaces Neal and habs add size in Steve ott.

We have a whack load of depth at defence not forward. So why not offer up Weber a nhl ready puck mover that's versitile D n winger.

Weber to Boston for Jordan Caron and either Jared Knight or a draft pick.

Knight n caron would add some much needed size and be very good role players in mtl.

Lastly Travis Moen and a 2nd for Ryan Malone.

Celtic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:39 PM
  #281
Flambergius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
Gomez said no too nyi trade.
Didn't know that, any reference on that? (Not really doubting, as I haven't followed all the news - its summer after all :-))

Flambergius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
  #282
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Never. For one we have 9 players who can play a real top 9 role, 10 if you include Darche which I personally do but many don't, so 10 really. It's called depth. You don't trade the extra guy cause injuries will happen.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:50 PM
  #283
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Yeah I like (not love) our forward position for first time in years, only wanted an extra guy in bottom six

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:54 PM
  #284
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
I don't know if anyone agrees with me but conboy can fit in real nicely as the 13th forward. Let's see how he does in training camp if he plays like he did in last years training camp I don't see a problem with him as the 13th forward. Then there's Brock Trotter but he doesn't have the size that's why i like conboy. Conboy also had some big goals in Hamilton not that he needs to score that won't be part of his job but hat could be an added bonus.

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:01 PM
  #285
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
I don't know if anyone agrees with me but conboy can fit in real nicely as the 13th forward. Let's see how he does in training camp if he plays like he did in last years training camp I don't see a problem with him as the 13th forward. Then there's Brock Trotter but he doesn't have the size that's why i like conboy. Conboy also had some big goals in Hamilton not that he needs to score that won't be part of his job but hat could be an added bonus.
No, I can't see Conboy making it. He needs playing time to get better, and he can do that in Hamilton. 13th forward should always be a veteran.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:05 PM
  #286
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
No, I can't see Conboy making it. He needs playing time to get better, and he can do that in Hamilton. 13th forward should always be a veteran.
the problem is the habs dont have that right now. and the free agent class isn't very good.

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
  #287
edsqu
Registered User
 
edsqu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post

Lastly Travis Moen and a 2nd for Ryan Malone.
I think I just read yesterday malone is out for 6 months, ill look for a cite

Moen is a player I always want to get dealt but then realize he brings alot to the table, a ring, beyond responsible defensively and will stand up to throw some punches. Im not really sure what his value is ether

edsqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:41 PM
  #288
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
the problem is the habs dont have that right now. and the free agent class isn't very good.
Darche will be the 13th forward,The 4th line Center will be a ufa or Engqvist making the team who will be inbetween White and Moen I think. 3rd line should be Eller Ak and DD. So that would leave Darche as 13 forward.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:22 PM
  #289
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,672
vCash: 500
NO STEVE OTT He would be garbage in Montreal. !

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 08:05 PM
  #290
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
Besides gorges and coaching replacements the orginization has been quiet. What's going on? Lost out on Richards. Gomez said no too nyi trade. And rumours of aquiring Erik Christiansen.

We have 7 players capable of being top 6 players? Why not offer up Kostitsyn to Dallas for Steve Ott?

Kostitsyn replaces Neal and habs add size in Steve ott.

We have a whack load of depth at defence not forward. So why not offer up Weber a nhl ready puck mover that's versitile D n winger.

Weber to Boston for Jordan Caron and either Jared Knight or a draft pick.

Knight n caron would add some much needed size and be very good role players in mtl.

Lastly Travis Moen and a 2nd for Ryan Malone.

Steve Ott
Height 6.00 -- Weight 195

AK46
Height 6.00 -- Weight 205

How do the Habs add size by trading for Ott?

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 08:10 PM
  #291
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Steve Ott lolllll

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 08:10 PM
  #292
kassian
Registered User
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Steve Ott
Height 6.00 -- Weight 195

AK46
Height 6.00 -- Weight 205

How do the Habs add size by trading for Ott?
Andrei's 214, if it helps.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 09:15 PM
  #293
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Hemsky name is popping up again. What about a prospect or 2 and a pick for him? We have the cap space. A third line of Hemsky - Eller - Andrei would be awesome

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
  #294
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
Besides gorges and coaching replacements the orginization has been quiet. What's going on? Lost out on Richards. Gomez said no too nyi trade. And rumours of aquiring Erik Christiansen.

We have 7 players capable of being top 6 players? Why not offer up Kostitsyn to Dallas for Steve Ott?Kostitsyn replaces Neal and habs add size in Steve ott.

We have a whack load of depth at defence not forward. So why not offer up Weber a nhl ready puck mover that's versitile D n winger.

Weber to Boston for Jordan Caron and either Jared Knight or a draft pick.

Knight n caron would add some much needed size and be very good role players in mtl.

Lastly Travis Moen and a 2nd for Ryan Malone.
It should take a lot more then Ott in order to get Andrei Kostitsyn. Just because Gaston is saying on L'antichambre that he his this and that......

Also, Malone has a cap hit of 4.5 for the next 4 years....not exactly cheap. Also, if you think Andrei is lazy, not sure what you would think of Malone over 82 games.

Travis Moen is not a top 6 but since he works hard, he was able to get some ice time on the top 6....great depth guy and @ 1.5, what more du you want

It's time we give Habs players a better overall value. Simply seeing 80+ games, you ten to nit pick players to death, not just you, but everyone, myself included.

Last year, I watch more non Hab hockey and it made me appreciate our habs more. It was at a point last year wen I was pissed at Andrei for not scoring what seem to be a open net. I was sure Andrei would have had a career year but....it was ups and down again. Well, he's not making 7 million+ so that's what you get and it's the same else where.

Am I hoping we make trades? Sure but trade talent for talent and grit for grit and depth.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 10:57 PM
  #295
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Steve Ott
Height 6.00 -- Weight 195

AK46
Height 6.00 -- Weight 205

How do the Habs add size by trading for Ott?
One guy uses his frame for hitting, fighting and being a physical presence on a consistent basis. The other guy is Kostitsyn.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 11:02 PM
  #296
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
One guy uses his frame for hitting, fighting and being a physical presence on a consistent basis. The other guy is Kostitsyn.
Guess who leads the Habs in hits last year

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 11:07 PM
  #297
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Guess who leads the Habs in hits last year
Steve Ott ?

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 11:09 PM
  #298
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Guess who leads the Habs in hits last year
I think that speaks more to the softness of the Habs than the hitting ability of Andrei Kostitsyn. Plus Lapierre was far and away the hits leader before he was traded.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:43 AM
  #299
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,649
vCash: 500
Forget Steve Ott, there's a reason Dallas signed Godard this summer, he is going to be a pest on a whole new level next season..

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 02:32 AM
  #300
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I would like Winchester too. But I feel that when we traded for Blunden, Winchester lost his chance. Moreover, I believe Engqvist will be in the running for that PK position and 4th line center position. He is big, rangy and a solid two way player. Also he is a low maintenance player. Again worst comes to worst we can sign or trade or pick up a guy off waivers.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.