Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Russians taken in the CHL Import Draft

Old
07-24-2011, 04:48 AM
johnnydrum

vCash: 500
Russians taken in the CHL Import Draft

Hi there. Johnny here from the UK- avid hobby scout, and big fan of Russian prospects. (I had posted this on another section, but Im hoping for some more response.)

Trying to find some info/scouting reports on the next batch of Russians to enter next years 2011-12CHL leagues , but struggling, so hope someone can help me learn a little more.

Heres what I know so far--please feel free to chip in!

Yegor Malenkikh: Is a Defenceman with some size and bulk taken by the Soo.
I am hearing he looks even bigger than the Russian kid in Guelph, Andrei Pedan, and seems keen to make the crossing.

Vadim Khlopotov: Skillfull flair player, whom I think has played at the U17? At a total loss in finding anything else, apart from hes from the LoKomotiv school...anyone?
The Spirit website mentions something like 9g+13a in 16 games--but I dont know at what level?
Would like to know more about this prospect-I translated a interview in which its revealed he will be reporting to the Saginaw, and saw some clips of Loco on "Youtube" (I searched by usuing his Russian name Вадима Хлопотова http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4zfhze5GY
31 seconds--Number 11 end to end finishes with a "Khlopobomb!" Would love to hear more though about him...is he an upper level prospect??

Vladimir Tkachev the 6-foot, 180-pound Tkachev earned a bronze medal with Team Russia in the 2011 World Under-18 Hockey Championship in Germany. He had three points in seven games on a team that featured top 2012 NHL Entry Draft prospects Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko.
Anyone know of Tkachevs style?

Daniil Zharkov: Looks to have great size and power, with some snarl too...however, I was expecting bigger numbers from a top kid in the USHL (just 8 goals)? Is there a Bigger picture here?
I was dazzled by his low numbers!

Now the next three guys are driving me nuts...cant find anything really about them.

Sergey Kuptsov I can see he has some size....but would like to know more?

Ilya Nikolaev and Denis Kamaev????? Any info would be great.

Vladislav Shalimov I was a little confused as I mistakenly confused him with Maxim Shalunov...I know he was playing in Detroit, and saw he had 11 goals in 20 games, which i guess is pretty good...can anyone else shed any more on this kid? What type of league is the NAHL

As ever....many Thanks

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote