HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL Part XVII (Dog Days of Summer)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2011, 10:59 AM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
so does anyone else here think that the islanders will finish ahead of the devils this year or am i just crazy
The Devils are going to be the new Thrashers. A couple star players but never going to be able to put it all together. At one point the Thrashers had Kovalchuk, Hossa, and Savard and still couldn't make it to the playoffs. I see the Devils in the same situation. Kovalchuk just isn't a winner.

Old
07-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceOFtrance View Post
is it just me or does the written jets logo look like a baseball logo lol
Definitely not just you. I thought the same exact thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
The Devils are going to be the new Thrashers. A couple star players but never going to be able to put it all together. At one point the Thrashers had Kovalchuk, Hossa, and Savard and still couldn't make it to the playoffs. I see the Devils in the same situation. Kovalchuk just isn't a winner.
I see more similarities between the 98-04 Rangers and the Devils than I see between them and the Thrashers.

Old
07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceOFtrance View Post
is it just me or does the written jets logo look like a baseball logo lol
Looks like the Mariners logo and the old Blue Jays logo had a baby, and the Mariners logo thought that the Cubs logo was the father.

Old
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
This idea of a "winner" is misguided and sometimes stupid, imo. Kovalchuk is one of the best snipers in the league and if the Devils were able to give him and Parise a good defense they'd be fine. But it's just an unknown how that will hold up right now.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Jackets have signed Prospal.

Gonna miss the tan.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Jackets have signed Prospal.

Gonna miss the tan.
Great for Vinny. Really hope he rips it up and i'm upset we didn't offer him a contract.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
well gonna miss vinny...he always came excited to play and played as hard as he could, his first season in nyr was great, but second with so many injuries was rough, i hope he bounces back from the injuries and give columbus everything he brought to the rink for the rangers!

Old
07-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Pretty upset we didnt re-up Prospal.

Old
07-23-2011, 04:11 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Every year people think the Devils are just gonna be a bottom team when they actually find a way and turn out much differently. I don't see that changing.

Old
07-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

One thing about the Jets logo is the plane is an F-16 which the RCAF doesn't even use.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
One thing about the Jets logo is the plane is an F-16 which the RCAF doesn't even use.
It looks more like an F-18 than an F-16 to me, but the silhouette is stylized anyway. And haven't they done away with the "Royal Canadian" bit, and now are part of the "Canadian Forces?" Or is it still common to call them "Royal Canadian?"

Old
07-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
It looks more like an F-18 than an F-16 to me, but the silhouette is stylized anyway. And haven't they done away with the "Royal Canadian" bit, and now are part of the "Canadian Forces?" Or is it still common to call them "Royal Canadian?"
You're right I believe they dropped the "Royal" but not sure if it has caught on. The jet is stylized and therefore is harder to pinpoint exactly what it is the F 18 and F 16 silhouettes look similar sure but the fact that they went with a single engine look makes me assume F 16.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
You're right I believe they dropped the "Royal" but not sure if it has caught on. The jet is stylized and therefore is harder to pinpoint exactly what it is the F 18 and F 16 silhouettes look similar sure but the fact that they went with a single engine look makes me assume F 16.
I know what you mean, but the wing shape definitely looks more F-18 than F-16 to me, so I assumed the shape at the rear was meant to make the plane more symmetrical with a single point rather than represent a single engine. But it could definitely be either, I guess that's artistic license for you. ;-)

Old
07-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
I know what you mean, but the wing shape definitely looks more F-18 than F-16 to me, so I assumed the shape at the rear was meant to make the plane more symmetrical with a single point rather than represent a single engine. But it could definitely be either, I guess that's artistic license for you. ;-)
Artistic license my eye! No really it could be almost any plane you want it to be. I get what you're saying too.

Maybe they'll do a retro jersey with the CL-13 Sabre Jet on it that would be wicked lol.

Old
07-23-2011, 08:20 PM
CheeseDogs

tsn says its a cf-18

Old
07-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseDogs View Post
tsn says its a cf-18
That's what it's intended to be, it's not a very accurate depiction but close enough I suppose I'll lay off them lol.

Old
07-24-2011, 07:38 AM
DutchShamrock

Little surprised some of our fans are this bothered about Prospal. Can't imagine the reaction they would have to this 3 years ago and the fallout to blocking all of the youth. I guess part of it is because we're turning the corner and more contender than rebuilder.

I liked Vinny but we're getting clogged as it is. He got a lot of money from Columbus and he's known to have injury issues. It was probably Fedetenko or Prospal. That or playing time/money. We weren't the right fit for eachother.

Old
07-24-2011, 09:25 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
The Thrashers never had Brodeur or a winning tradition. The three players you mentioned were all egomaniacs who are the last guys you would turn to for leadership.

The Devils will be fine. They have a ton of cap room coming up and can take a run at Rinne or Crawford or Vokoun in 2012. They have some really good prospects, good two-way forwards and two of the top 4 LW's in the game.

Still, it is going to be a long time until they become Cup contenders

Old
07-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Little surprised some of our fans are this bothered about Prospal. Can't imagine the reaction they would have to this 3 years ago and the fallout to blocking all of the youth. I guess part of it is because we're turning the corner and more contender than rebuilder.

I liked Vinny but we're getting clogged as it is. He got a lot of money from Columbus and he's known to have injury issues. It was probably Fedetenko or Prospal. That or playing time/money. We weren't the right fit for eachother.
I would have loved to keep Prospal for somewhere around 1.3 mil. 1 more year as a stop gap player that puts up some points while the younger guys get some experience with Hartford

Old
07-24-2011, 09:57 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I like the Jets new logo. In some ways the colors remind me of a good version of that new Nordiques design they were gonna use for 1995-96 if they stuck around Quebec. The emphasis on silver is cool; the Jets the NHL Raiders?

It's not the old Jets, so it's cool that they got a new beginning. And I did like what Chipman said (I hope he's not blowing air out of his you know where just to appease the old fans) that due to the timing they couldn't do a retro jersey but for next year they'll work on something as a 3rd. That way everyone wins.

Old
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

We're at the point where you don't plug in youth just for the sake of plugging in youth. I'm all for a guy like Hagelin making the team, but if we could've gotten Vinny for cheaper (wouldn't have wanted him for the price CBJ got him) and Hagelin couldn't beat him out, you have the better player and a good presence for the rest of the youth on our team. Vinny's a good player and by all accounts a very good man, so he's the kind of guy you want in the locker room and on the ice.

Old
07-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Ola

Quote:

I am pretty dissapointed that we lost him. Natrually for starters his health is a big questionmark and he got paid by CBJ, so I can't really question Slats, but given the attitude he brought and how he performed, and with the lack of vets we have, the cup experience he had, I would have liked to see him around for a year or two. He could have played in any role.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Not signing Vinny just makes me want to grab Jarome Iginla at the deadline even more .

Old
07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Not signing Vinny just makes me want to grab Jarome Iginla at the deadline even more .
Iginla would be my number 1 choice at the deadline but I highly doubt CGY deals with NYR after the Erixon trade.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Iginla would be my number 1 choice at the deadline but I highly doubt CGY deals with NYR after the Erixon trade.
If we offer the best return they'd be silly not too.

On the topic of the new jets uniform, I like them and would consider buying a jersey.

Closed Thread