HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/NYI proposal

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
EDM/NYI proposal

Eklund mentions NYI interest in Hemsky, So I am propsoing a couple of deals that might interest the Oilers. I think by now most people understand the Oilers are not giving away Hemsky.

To Edm: Dehaan and Bailey

To Nyi: Hemsky and ANA 2013-2nd

or

To Edm: Hamonic and Bailey

To NYI Hemsky and Edm 2012 2nd

Old
07-24-2011, 06:25 PM
oilersfan87

This would definitely help the oilers. The islanders however decline both as they do not need to give up their young players for one year of Hemsky.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:27 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

I would love Hemsky, but not at the price of deHaan or Hamonic. We need a defenseman.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Wheatking

I can't see the Oilers having any interest in Bailey. We're looking for an upgrade on Gagner at center.

I really like both Hamonic and de Haan though.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Eklund mentions NYI interest in Hemsky, So I am propsoing a couple of deals that might interest the Oilers. I think by now most people understand the Oilers are not giving away Hemsky.

To Edm: Dehaan and Bailey

To Nyi: Hemsky and ANA 2013-2nd

or

To Edm: Hamonic and Bailey

To NYI Hemsky and Edm 2012 2nd
LOL, That would be a Steal and Highway Robbery for Oilers if it indeed happen. I Doubt the Islanders would even listen if this was offered, though.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I can't see the Oilers having any interest in Bailey. We're looking for an upgrade on Gagner at center.

I really like both Hamonic and de Haan though.
Hemsky is injury prone and Hamonic has the potential to be a #1b dman. Not to mention,this would undoubtly solidify Oilers top pairing for the future with Whitney/Hamonic or Whitney/DeHaan IMO.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
gotmonte

Why dont the Islanders just claim Redden off waivers and have him really help the cap floor issues.

Then with this guy mentoring the young (which I hear he has done very nicely in hartford) you can go out and play hockey without having to make a bunch of deals (dealing away your youth) to just reach the floor.

Redden's 6.5 million is more than half way there. If the Rangers waive Wolski you can pick him up too. 3.8 million right there.

Just saying.

I hate to see the Islanders trade away some of their really good youth just to reach the floor. I understand you want to be competitive immediately and rightfully so. And Redden wont really be that good for you. But its better than trading a DeHaan or Bailey.
NO?

I am sure Islanders fans will scream bloody murder about picking up Redden. I am just thinking of ways you can get to the floor and not give up your good young players.

And this is coming from a Rangers Fan. LOL. I come in peace. I am honestly only trying to help.

Best wishes this upcoming season. Love that pick of Strome. Kids gonna be GREAT.

You have a siiiiick amount of raw talent on your team. Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Grabner, P.A.P. (yes I said it.. I think the kid is perfect in your system), Strome, Neider', ect. Good young team.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
This is embarrassing, you aren't getting any one of Bailey, Dehann, or Hamonic (who is a monster at just 20 years of age).

Old
07-24-2011, 06:42 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

How come every time a trade proposal with the Islanders comes up you want them to claim Redden? That's not happening, he wouldn't help us at all.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
This is embarrassing, you aren't getting any one of Bailey, Dehann, or Hamonic (who is a monster at just 20 years of age).
I don't think trading Bailey away would be a huge loss to Isles.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:43 PM
OpAck

I could see the Isles part with de Haan if the trade is enticing enough, but Hamonic or any other worthy enough d-man...not a chance. Even with de Haan, the Isles really wanted him during the draft, so it might be tough.

Have your pick at Bailey, Comeau, and/or picks though...we've also got a secret weapon in Parenteau and would be more than willing to throw him in.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Why dont the Islanders just claim Redden off waivers and have him really help the cap floor issues.

Then with this guy mentoring the young (which I hear he has done very nicely in hartford) you can go out and play hockey without having to make a bunch of deals (dealing away your youth) to just reach the floor.

Redden's 6.5 million is more than half way there. If the Rangers waive Wolski you can pick him up too. 3.8 million right there.

Just saying.

I hate to see the Islanders trade away some of their really good youth just to reach the floor. I understand you want to be competitive immediately and rightfully so. And Redden wont really be that good for you. But its better than trading a DeHaan or Bailey.
NO?

I am sure Islanders fans will scream bloody murder about picking up Redden. I am just thinking of ways you can get to the floor and not give up your good young players.

And this is coming from a Rangers Fan. LOL. I come in peace. I am honestly only trying to help.

Best wishes this upcoming season. Love that pick of Strome. Kids gonna be GREAT.

You have a siiiiick amount of raw talent on your team. Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Grabner, P.A.P. (yes I said it.. I think the kid is perfect in your system), Strome, Neider', ect. Good young team.
Because we will easily reach the cap floor, its still a over 3 months until the season starts. Redden blows, and Streit is a great mentor for the kiddies, he and even MacDonald can mentor the kids.

By the time we sign all of our RFA's we will be about 3 million under the cap, and than we will easily overpay players to come to long island, or even trade for a salary dump ala Rolston, we aren't taking garbage like Redden though.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Proof View Post
I don't think trading Bailey away would be a huge loss to Isles.
Yes it would be, potentially a huge loss. For anyone that has watched enough Islander games they have seen the flashes of brilliance from Bailey. The kid is extremely smart, and people tend to forget he is only 21 years of age. He is just growing into his body, and he finally has some decent offensive support around him. If Nino makes the team he will have 2 good wingers around him, in Comeau and Niederrieter. The kid has a ton of potential, I would hate to see them trade him and see him turn into a 60-70 point player.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:50 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
I could see the Isles part with de Haan if the trade is enticing enough, but Hamonic or any other worthy enough d-man...not a chance. Even with de Haan, the Isles really wanted him during the draft, so it might be tough.

Have your pick at Bailey, Comeau, and/or picks though...we've also got a secret weapon in Parenteau and would be more than willing to throw him in.
They definitely will not trade deHaan. They invested a lot of draft picks and time into this kid, they obviously see a special player. I personally loved the way he played at the rookie scrimmage. I thought his puck moving skills and movement were excellent, as well as his wrist shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Yes it would be, potentially a huge loss. For anyone that has watched enough Islander games they have seen the flashes of brilliance from Bailey. The kid is extremely smart, and people tend to forget he is only 21 years of age. He is just growing into his body, and he finally has some decent offensive support around him. If Nino makes the team he will have 2 good wingers around him, in Comeau and Niederrieter. The kid has a ton of potential, I would hate to see them trade him and see him turn into a 60-70 point player.
I wouldn't hate it so much if he were traded for a young defenseman.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
How come every time a trade proposal with the Islanders comes up you want them to claim Redden? That's not happening, he wouldn't help us at all.
Those two Ranger fans really want Garth to claim him. It's annoying.

Anyway, I'm not trading Hamonic for a healthy Hemsky signed on for 5 years, much less an unhealthy Hemsky signed on for 1 year.

I'd be very interested in acquiring him from January-trade deadline if he is healthy and the Isles are in the playoff hunt because I think he is an ideal fit for Tavares but otherwise no.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:56 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I wouldn't hate it so much if he were traded for a young defenseman.
I would not mind that so much, if it was a defenseman in a similar position ala Bogosian, but not for Hemsky.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:57 PM
ISLESnPANTHERS

If Hamonic is going the other way than be prepared to part with one of your top tier youngsters not Hemsky.

Old
07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Tarpit*

I could see this:
Edmonton
Hemsky + ANA 2013-2nd

NYI
Hamonic + 2012-1st

Old
07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
I rather have the Islanders give McCabe 5M for 1 year. The only way I could see somebody claim Redden on waivers at this point is if the Rangers put him on callup waivers(and I don't see the Rangers doing that) and even then I think he might not get picked up

Old
07-24-2011, 07:07 PM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
I could see this:
Edmonton
Hemsky + ANA 2013-2nd

NYI
Hamonic + 2012-1st
Kidding, right? Hamonic has WAY more value then Hemsky right now, and you want us to throw in a 1st?

Old
07-24-2011, 07:09 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
I could see this:
Edmonton
Hemsky + ANA 2013-2nd

NYI
Hamonic + 2012-1st
Hamonic goes nowhere.

Old
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
Kidding, right? Hamonic has WAY more value then Hemsky right now, and you want us to throw in a 1st?
I dont see how Hamonic has way more value kinda homer view. But can see why Islanders would not want to part with him.

Old
07-24-2011, 07:18 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I refuse to believe that Garth Snow is the second coming of Mike Milbury.

Old
07-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Tarpit*

This proposal should help NYI with it's salary cap issues.

Edmonton:
HEMSKY + TOM GILBERT

NYI:
HAMONIC + 2012 1st + 2013 2nd

Old
07-24-2011, 07:26 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
This proposal should help NYI with it's salary cap issues.

Edmonton:
HEMSKY + TOM GILBERT

NYI:
HAMONIC + 2012 1st + 2013 2nd
And it probably helps Edmonton get 2 top 10 draft picks at the 2012 draft.

If the Islanders fail to meet the cap floor I assume that the Islanders' roster just get a pay increase to the extent that the team is spending the league minimum on player salaries.

I don't think the Islanders could fathom making this deal and I don't think the Oilers could fathom turning this deal down.

Closed Thread