HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holloway going to Europe

Old
07-24-2011, 05:44 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
Holloway going to Europe

Quote:
Monarchs Lose "Bud" Holloway
Following the departure of Oscar Moller (23g, 27a) to Skelleftea, and Corey Elkins (18g, 26a) to Pardibuce, a source informs me that Monarchs leading scorer Bud Holloway (28g, 33a) is joining Moller in Skelleftea.

Gee, really?

If everyone else on the team got a call up to the Kings and I lead my team in scoring the entire year and didn't even get as much as a consideration, i would bolt too.

4th leading scorer and defenseman Viatcheslav Voynov's position just became that much stronger, and with Jake Muzzin looking more and more like HE may be taking over the 7th D-man duties, where does that leave Voynov?

Ron Hextall has his work cut out for him to restock the Manchester "core".
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...Move/125/37244

Hasn't been confirmed yet by anyone else so I just put it as speculation for now.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:01 PM
northernKing

I don't blame him. I have often seen people post on this board how DL wants players to "pay their dues" in the AHL. However here is a guy that by every indication has been the perfect player in Manchester on and off the ice. And how does he get rewarded? He see's others like King promoted. I'm pretty sure Holloway has been in the system longer?

I have posted NUMEROUS times how that if I was a GM I would reward AHL players with a callup. We need to realize that an AHL player can make double his annual salary by being recalled for a few games (2 weeks). This monetary reward would go far IMO when players were RFA and needed to be signed. It would also show that they are being noticed.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:04 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Big loss for Manchester. That's about it.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't blame him. He has ability, just no room in LA. It is going to happen more and more as our roster is established and we have such a lush pipeline of prospects. It's a good problem to have to get used to. Wish the kid got more of a shot though.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't blame him. He has ability, just no room in LA. It is going to happen more and more as our roster is established and we have such a lush pipeline of prospects. It's a good problem to have to get used to. Wish the kid got more of a shot though.
On the other hand, he's one guy who I think had a chance to win the 3rd line winger spot.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Hopefully they give Voynov a long look. I think he is a terrific talent and it would be nice to see him alternate and compete with Martinez for that spot.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:56 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

This is the perfect time to give him a shot for that 3rd line RW position.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Lets just see how this works out. If BH were to actually go then the only thing that would strike me as curious would be the timing of this information. DL has a ton of work to do still on locking up a few players and he will likely get it all done. If BH bails then it is on him because he absolutely knows that this is his best season to date for getting his shot at making the team.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Nose of Sutter

I expected him to make the team out of camp, this is kind of surprising to me.

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:29 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Why not wait until the next season. Aren't lots of spots going to be opening then?

cheap77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:32 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I don't blame him, since it's likely more money, but I think he had a great chance to make LA. This could backfire on him.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:33 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

NO NO NO! NEIN NEIN NEIN! I wanted him to be the 3rd line RW this year.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
don't blame him

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I will be more than shocked if this one goes down as rumored. It goes against everything.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Catch ya later Bud!

Just gives another kid another shot.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:58 PM
KingLB

Did people read who reported this?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 08:02 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Did people read who reported this?
To his credit, he's generally right about this kind of stuff.

Old
07-24-2011, 08:27 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
To his credit, he's generally right about this kind of stuff.
What is this sorta stuff? AHL players going to Europe? Moller was broken by Swedish press, Elkins from a "tweet". AHL players moving? He has called Hickey being traded 3 times....

Only "stuff he gets" are JJ related or injuries.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 08:36 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap1nt View Post
Why not wait until the next season. Aren't lots of spots going to be opening then?
Yeah.

Their will likely be 3 spots in the bottom 6 open with the departures of Westgarth, Parse and maybe Stoll.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Capn Brown

It's good for Kozun.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
JMFJ 3

Voinov to follow IMO. He needs to start getting minutes in the NHL.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
What is this sorta stuff? AHL players going to Europe? Moller was broken by Swedish press, Elkins from a "tweet". AHL players moving? He has called Hickey being traded 3 times....

Only "stuff he gets" are JJ related or injuries.
Well he wasn't the first to report those things, he's first this time though. Whether or not he's right only time will tell but this is one of the areas I generally see him as reliable.

I can't believe I just defended Matt Barry.

Old
07-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This would ultimately be a stupid move by Holloway for a number of reasons:

1) His best opportunity to crack the Kings roster is now, with a possible openings on the 3rd/4th lines.

2) He is one of the more experienced players in Manchester who the Kings may consider deserving of an opportunity. As we all know, seniority takes precedent with this management group and they highly value experience.

3) Is he really going to face better competition in Europe than what he was facing in the AHL?

4) He has three seasons of minor-pro experience, there are many others who have waited around much longer for an opportunity. He may be burning bridges and find himself replaced in the depth charts by an up-and-coming prospect.

If I'm his agent, I urge him to stick around. Then again, if I'm Holloway, I tough it out and prove to the organization that I'm worthy of a roster spot. If he doesn't want to earn his opportunity and would rather be given one, then see ya later Bud.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:27 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

1) His best opportunity to crack the Kings roster is now, with a possible openings on the 3rd/4th lines.

2) He is one of the more experienced players in Manchester who the Kings may consider deserving of an opportunity. As we all know, seniority takes precedent with this management group and they highly value experience.

3) Is he really going to face better competition in Europe than what he was facing in the AHL?

4) He has three seasons of minor-pro experience, there are many others who have waited around much longer for an opportunity. He may be burning bridges and find himself replaced in the depth charts by an up-and-coming prospect.

If I'm his agent, I urge him to stick around. Then again, if I'm Holloway, I tough it out and prove to the organization that I'm worthy of a roster spot. If he doesn't want to earn his opportunity and would rather be given one, then see ya later Bud.
The thing is, this is clearly money motivated. Elkins just got married when he decided to. I'm sure he could have spent another year or two in the A and then if he didn't make the NHL, he could go to Europe. But the fact that he just got married to me at least indicates he wants to go for the money so he can provide for his new wife.

I believe Holloway is getting married too? Even if he isn't I still think its money motivation.

My question though is is he going to just sign and go to Europe or is it like Kaspar Daugavins (Sens prospect) who signed a pro tryout with a team in Latvia (his home country) so he could go to training camp there but still intends to come to NHL camp. I think it could be a similar thing where if he makes the NHL team, then he stays obviously but if he doesn't, then he goes to Europe.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

ZS, as usual you made a few good points but concerning point3, you better have no doubt, the SEL is the 2nd best european championship behind the KHL, no match for the AHL.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote