HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

flyers trade

Old
07-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Yeah guys, but think about it ... Pronger-Weber D pairing! Who cares about offense? ............. right?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:15 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan271315 View Post
Voracek+schenn for shea webber?
I'd do this.
Nashville won't.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:21 AM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Changes the proposal to make it look better..

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:23 AM
HoshiBlitz

Doesn't matter how good the two are, you aren't getting a Norris D with just them. Add in a pick and roster player.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Flyerfan808

I'd rather wait for Weber to become a FA. If he goes to arbitration this year I believe he is eligible?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I'd rather wait for Weber to become a FA. If he goes to arbitration this year I believe he is eligible?
I believe that unless he signs a multi-year deal he is a UFA after this RFA season... If that is the case, the Flyers would be giving up two young players with much potential for what can very well be a rental... and at best would be a huge contract to be hammered out.

I agree that I'd also rather wait for him to hit the Open Market... or for him to have a contract before giving up such assets. In any event the addition of two Number One picks tacked would greatly hamper the Flyers going forward, especially after giving up two possible core players.

... Also, wouldn't it make much more sense to move a D-man in such a deal? The D-men are a major chunk of the Cap space, and would be over-saturated with him added.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM

I'd offer Nashville the chance to sign Peter Forsberg and they'll offer us the moon in return.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:01 PM
malfeasance

Without assurances that Weber will sign the pledge to Dry Island, you simply can't make this deal.

Too risky.

malfeasance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:07 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
Without assurances that Weber will sign the pledge to Dry Island, you simply can't make this deal.

Too risky.
Dry Island will now no longer exist now that those trouble makers Richards and Carter have been run out of town. That lucky duck Voracek will be squirting vodka out of his gatorade bottle when he's on the bench.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 09:35 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoshiBlitz View Post
Doesn't matter how good the two are, you aren't getting a Norris D with just them. Add in a pick and roster player.
Shelley and a 7th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post

Too risky.
Dry Island is actually the name of Shea Weber's playoff beard...

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:34 AM
phlocky

Man, when we traded them Forsberg all I wanted back was Weber. i know that they said he wasn't on the table but I feel like if we had JUST asked for Weber that they may have been "ok" with it instead of having to give up Upshall, Parent and a 1st and 3rd rnd pick.

IIRC, at that time Suter was no longer a prospect, Weber was either a rookie or a player they had called up at the end of the season so he was their top defensive prospect, and Parent was their 2nd best defensive prospect.

oh, and just in case anyone has forgotten, that 1st we traded back to Nash for Timonen and Hartnell, when we didn't even resign them until AFTER the start of free agency, turned into Blum, a dman that is already the 3rd best dman in Nashville and looks to be solidifying himself as a legit #2/#3 dman in the league (better than Coburn, Carle and Meszaros). Man, if we could ony redo some of these.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:38 AM
phlocky

Oh, and if we are trading for a signed Weber, we'd likely have to include Coburn or more likely Meszaros (as he's much more like Weber) to replace what Weber does for them on their blue line. Think Coburn + Schenn + 2012 1st for Weber + 2012 2nd. Personally, I wouldn't do it but I think it would take AT LEAST this much to get him.

And as I've said elsewhere, I'd personally rather have Suter. If they can't get him signed then I'd like to see us make a deadline deal or post draft deal of Marshall + conditional 1st in 2013 (1st if we resign him before July 1st or 2nd/3rd if we don't).

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote