HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/NYI proposal

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Example

vCash: 500
Hamonic for Hemsky, Plante, ANA 2nd 2012?

Old
07-25-2011, 12:20 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hall View Post
The Isles will wait for Strome and Niederreiter to develop instead of trading a key piece of their defense for immediate help.

Old
07-25-2011, 12:20 AM
SDig14

Quote:
The Islanders don't want to trade Hamonic, so you'll never find a deal with edmonton for him, unless Eberle or Hall is involved, which is of course never going to happen.

From the Edmonton side, it's way too much to give up for a prospect, no matter how good he may become.

Old
07-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
The Islanders don't want to trade Hamonic, so you'll never find a deal with edmonton for him, unless Eberle or Hall is involved, which is of course never going to happen.
HEY LOOK EVERYBODY! SOMEONE GETS IT!

Old
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
HEY LOOK EVERYBODY! SOMEONE GETS IT!

and it only took 3+ pages.

Old
07-25-2011, 07:10 AM
IslandersFan17

Snow has been more than reluctant to move and of his specs. You take a kid like Hamonic who is showing exactly why Snow holds onto these kids and people think he will be a focal point of a trade?

When the Kings traded away Schenn for Richards they were getting back a guy who has CAPTAINED a perennial playoff team (who has advanced to the Cup finals).

You take a guy like Hemsky who has never topped 20 goals in a season and can never stay healthy. Granted Hesmky might be considered more of a "playmaker," considering the only time Ales almost played an entire season he produced 77 points. Needless-to-say, you do not give up the farm for a "playmaker."

If anything the Oilers would be lucky to get back a high pick and a marginal roster player if they were talking turkey with the Islanders.

Old
07-25-2011, 07:25 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Eklund mentions NYI interest in Hemsky, So I am propsoing a couple of deals that might interest the Oilers. I think by now most people understand the Oilers are not giving away Hemsky.

To Edm: Dehaan and Bailey

To Nyi: Hemsky and ANA 2013-2nd

or

To Edm: Hamonic and Bailey

To NYI Hemsky and Edm 2012 2nd
NYI don't do the deals

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I want Hamonic in return or we can close this thread, some call it quality for quality and adding a 1st from either side is too considered overpayment....imagine Hemsky setting up a guy like Tavares.
well then i want hall or nugent hopkins, hamonic will be just as good as shea weber is

Old
07-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Hemsky + Gagner for Hamonic + Bailey + conditional pick.

Bailey reunites with Hall and Gagner with lifelong friend Tavares. Gagner converts to wing and there you go.

Great deal for both teams.

Pick would be a second rounder if Hemsky re-signs with the Islanders.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:36 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Snow has been more than reluctant to move and of his specs. You take a kid like Hamonic who is showing exactly why Snow holds onto these kids and people think he will be a focal point of a trade?

When the Kings traded away Schenn for Richards they were getting back a guy who has CAPTAINED a perennial playoff team (who has advanced to the Cup finals).

You take a guy like Hemsky who has never topped 20 goals in a season and can never stay healthy. Granted Hesmky might be considered more of a "playmaker," considering the only time Ales almost played an entire season he produced 77 points. Needless-to-say, you do not give up the farm for a "playmaker."

If anything the Oilers would be lucky to get back a high pick and a marginal roster player if they were talking turkey with the Islanders.
Ales Hemsky has topped twenty goals and is close to a ppg over his career. He has had two injury riddled seasons out of six and has had surgery to correct the problem.

Richards has major off ice issues. Hemsky doesnt.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:37 AM
CodeE

Quote:
To Edm: Dehaan and Bailey

To Nyi: Hemsky and ANA 2013-2nd

or

To Edm: Hamonic and Bailey

To NYI Hemsky and Edm 2012 2nd
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
I could see this:
Edmonton
Hemsky + ANA 2013-2nd

NYI
Hamonic + 2012-1st
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
This proposal should help NYI with it's salary cap issues.

Edmonton:
HEMSKY + TOM GILBERT

NYI:
HAMONIC + 2012 1st + 2013 2nd
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
Hamonic and 2nd for Hemsky?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
How bout Bailey + Comeau + 2nd 2012 for Hemsky + Gilbert?
Maybe...

Quote:
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Hemsky + Gagner for Hamonic + Bailey + conditional pick.
No

You can keep adding as many picks, prospects, and lesser players to the deal you want Oiler fans, Hamonic + for Hemsky + will never ever happen. Try and get someone out of Nashville or Ottawa maybe, but no matter how many times you spin this deal the answer will always be no.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
How bout Bailey + Comeau + 2nd 2012 for Hemsky + Gilbert?
No.....we will just keep Hemsky, which would be the smart move anyways unless one of Hamonic or De Haan are coming back, which i doubt either of will be moved.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
tony d
Ruffles in Space

I can't see the Islanders giving up one of their top defensive prospects for a guy that'd probably only be there for a year in Hemsky.

07-25-2011, 11:01 AM
JT91

Both teams are in rebuilding mode, why would they be trading partners lock this thread up.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Out of everything mentioned here, the best deal for the Oilers doesn't include either Hamonic or de Haan. It's getting Hemsky locked up to continue to be their best player through the next few years.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:39 AM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Good Lord, the Isles are not trading Hamonic for a year of Hemsky, it's not like they are a Hemsky away from contending for anything so why would they give up their top young defenseman who looked great last year for a rental? It makes no sense on any level for them.

Also, the Oilers don't need Bailey in return for Hemsky so that's won't fly either.
The Oilers are better off holding onto Hemsky unless some team throws a ridiculous overpay at them, the only way it makes sense to trade Hemsky is to fill an organizational need (top pairing defenseman or big, proven 2 way #2C) otherwise trading him serves no purpose.

Old
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Jamin

Deleted

Old
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Out of everything mentioned here, the best deal for the Oilers doesn't include either Hamonic or de Haan. It's getting Hemsky locked up to continue to be their best player through the next few years.
Pretty much what I was thinking

Old
07-25-2011, 02:30 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post

So, you wouldn't give up the farm for Sedin, Thornton, Backstrom, Getzlaf, etc.? These are all guys that have are 20-25 goal playmakers that have had great seasons with less than 20 goals. Heck, Sedin won the MVP of the entire league last year and had less than 20 goals this year.

Point being, you don't judge playmakers by how many goals they score, just like you don't judge scorers by how many fights they have or shutdown d-men with how many points they get on the PP, it just doesn't make sense.

In the end, Hemmer just needs to get healthy and hopefully then he will re-sign and we won't have to discuss these threads anymore.

Old
07-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
So, you wouldn't give up the farm for Sedin, Thornton, Backstrom, Getzlaf, etc.? These are all guys that have are 20-25 goal playmakers that have had great seasons with less than 20 goals. Heck, Sedin won the MVP of the entire league last year and had less than 20 goals this year.

Point being, you don't judge playmakers by how many goals they score, just like you don't judge scorers by how many fights they have or shutdown d-men with how many points they get on the PP, it just doesn't make sense.

In the end, Hemmer just needs to get healthy and hopefully then he will re-sign and we won't have to discuss these threads anymore.
Hemsky is good, but no where near the level of those players.

Old
07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Hemsky is good, but no where near the level of those players.
Ya, I knew this comment would come rather quickly. Of course he isn't as good, but look at the comment that I was quoting.

He basically said Hemsky isn't a player you trade for because he is a playmaker that rarely has 20+ goals, so I figured I would show that logic isn't very good since there are plenty of all-stars, including Hemmer, that have great years w/o 25+ goals.

You would trade Hamonic + probably nearly anyone on your roster other than JT for those guys, they are THAT good, but they still are only "playmakers" as the poster suggested.

Old
07-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Chayos

I can understand why the Ilses would not want to trade hamonic, but the people who go on how Hemsky has no value because he is a UFa at the end of the year need to go look at the returns some of the UFA;s have gotten in the last few years.

Old
07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Hemsky for Tavares straight up

Two busts

Old
07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Islesny91

Quote:
I can understand why the Ilses would not want to trade hamonic, but the people who go on how Hemsky has no value because he is a UFa at the end of the year need to go look at the returns some of the UFA;s have gotten in the last few years.
thats true, but how many of those returns have come from rebuilding teams that just drafted 5th overall and if, and only if, everything falls into place next season will compete for a playoff spot. Isles would love to have a player of hemsky's caliber, but i would bet my life on it that they dont give up significant pieces to get him at this point.

Old
07-25-2011, 07:18 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Strang(NY Newsday) and Botta(Point Blank/Fanhouse),are much more credible sources.

Last summer Strang wrote that if Snow moved his 5th overall,it'd be because he'd gotten the 20-22 yr old with high upside,that he was insisting on getting back in a trade.

Botta wrote days before the 2011 draft,early in the ufa signing period and again several days ago,that Snow wants a quality,young vet who's several yrs from unrestricted free agency.
The 2nd article was days before the Flyers traded Carter.Botta speculated on the Isles being in the mix for Carter,but pointed out that they'd be turned off by the length of the deal(after being burned by DiPietro's long deal).
Botta also wrote about Carter being pouty,questioning if he had the right attitude for the rebuilding isles.

Closed Thread