HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your fellow hockey fans on LI need your help...

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Your fellow hockey fans on LI need your help...

On August 1st, a vote happens in Nassau County that is crucial to keep the Islanders there and one of the best rivalries in sports going. This is not about which teams stinks or how Denis Potvin sucks. This is about the potential of losing a franchise thanks to the worst of political infighting and miscues I have ever seen on Long Island.

I implore you, Nassau County residents or if you know Nassau County residents to step up and get involved for the sake of the love of hockey and the rivalry.

Please give my blog a read...

Cheers,

BD

IS IT FEAR & LOATHING ON LONG ISLAND?
BD on the August 1st Vote and Endorsement

http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/bdgallof/37188/

Old
07-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Isles can skedaddle.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Isles can skedaddle.
BS. I'm definitely voting yes.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I have no say but I'd vote yes.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:42 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Another one?

Old
07-25-2011, 11:43 AM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

If I lived there I would vote yes. Easy for me to say though because I don't pay their taxes.

Old
John Torturella

Why do I feel like I have seen this thread before....

Old
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Another one?
Yep third one lol.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:45 AM
thesnake

I can't comment on the financial impact of this vote, and I'm not a resident of that area so I havent really looked into it... so my comment below is strictly from a hockey prespective...

Any NYR (or hockey, in general) fan who would want to see the Islanders move is completely NUTS. They are a franchise with a lot of history, and the rivalry between the NYR and NYI is way too valuable to lose.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
BS. I'm definitely voting yes.
Well like I said in the other thread about this, I'm of the younger generation. I can't really appreciate the rivalry as much as the older generation. I wasn't around for all the playoff battles and such. I'm living in the era of the Isles sucking dick. I have friends from school and such that are Isles fans and they don't shut up every time they beat us. They treat it like they just won the Stanley Cup. Have you ever been to a game at the Coliseum when the Isles beat us? They drive around honking and waving flags as if it's some incredible accomplishment. I'd like nothing more than to shove it in the faces of everyone I know that the Isles suck and they got moved. The real team of New York is the Rangers, I couldn't give a **** about the rivalry, because as far as I'm concerned, it ain't too much of a rivalry anymore, the Isles have sucked for the last 25 years.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.D. Gallof View Post
On August 1st, a vote happens in Nassau County that is crucial to keep the Islanders there and one of the best rivalries in sports going. This is not about which teams stinks or how Denis Potvin sucks. This is about the potential of losing a franchise thanks to the worst of political infighting and miscues I have ever seen on Long Island.

I implore you, Nassau County residents or if you know Nassau County residents to step up and get involved for the sake of the love of hockey and the rivalry.

Please give my blog a read...

Cheers,

BD

IS IT FEAR & LOATHING ON LONG ISLAND?
BD on the August 1st Vote and Endorsement

http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/bdgallof/37188/
Yeah... B.D. I support you guys and all and want nothing more then for the Piles to stay in NY... but the first time we had this thread it did not work out so well...

Old
07-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Well like I said in the other thread about this, I'm of the younger generation. I can't really appreciate the rivalry as much as the older generation. I wasn't around for all the playoff battles and such. I'm living in the era of the Isles sucking dick. I have friends from school and such that are Isles fans and they don't shut up every time they beat us. They treat it like they just won the Stanley Cup. Have you ever been to a game at the Coliseum when the Isles beat us? They drive around honking and waving flags as if it's some incredible accomplishment. I'd like nothing more than to shove it in the faces of everyone I know that the Isles suck and they got moved. The real team of New York is the Rangers, I couldn't give a **** about the rivalry, because as far as I'm concerned, it ain't too much of a rivalry anymore, the Isles have sucked for the last 25 years.
Summary: I'm making myself sound 15 and can't appreciate a rivarly.

They celebrate when they beat us? What do you think a rivarly is? I'll give you a hint, part of it is when beating the other team is meaningful even when there's nothing on the line. You want the Islanders to move so you can shove that in your friends faces? HA! You used to brag when you beat us? Now you're team is gone!! It's a rivalry because you're allowed to brag back when we win. Plus, honestly, it has nothing to do with having been around to appreciate the rivalry or have seen the Islanders when they were good. As a hockey fan, there's simply no reason to want LI to lose their hockey team or for a team with a history like the Islanders to move. I like you as a poster, but this post is extremely immature.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
We've had several threads about this. They've gone poorly.