Old
07-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Thoughts on bringing back Stallworth?
If he has a personal drive i'm fine with it.

Old
07-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Always knew I could count on you Please get a new avitar, Zach Hamill scares me

Old
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
You beat me to it!

Old
07-20-2011, 11:39 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Boston.com is reporting Myra Kraft passed away. My condolences go out to the Kraft family...
Same here. After hearing about it I said to my wife that we hadn't heard anything about her lately. Must have been very hard for Mr. Kraft to be dealing with this and having to go to lockout meetings.

Old
07-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Alicat
Charge!

WEEI is reporting that:

Quote:
Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins and San Diego wide receiver Vincent Jackson have waived a request for unrestricted free agency, but are still seeking $10 million each in compensation in return for signing off on the dismissal of the Brady vs. NFL lawsuit, according to Mike Freeman of CBS Sports and Jim Trotter of SI.com.
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...king-10m-each/

Logan Mankins can gtfo now. He is a disgrace to the Patriots name and way. I don't care how good he is, this is borderline extortion.

Old
07-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Always knew I could count on you Please get a new avitar, Zach Hamill scares me
No Zach Hamill is the future.

Old
07-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Alicat
Charge!

It is over for real this time.. Camp opens Wednesday! Tully Banta-Cain out 5 weeks with a sports hernia..

Old
07-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Mione134

About frakking time.

How quick can we sign non drafted players? I want my boy Herlizch on this team bad. Born leader. Without the cancer, he would have been a top 10 pick for sure. Tremendous athlete. Could be another Bruschi type player.

/thisconcludesmyloveaffair

Old
07-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
About frakking time.

How quick can we sign non drafted players? I want my boy Herlizch on this team bad. Born leader. Without the cancer, he would have been a top 10 pick for sure. Tremendous athlete. Could be another Bruschi type player.

/thisconcludesmyloveaffair

As of 7:30 this am they were saying everything could begin as early as Wednesday. As long as they steer clear of Ochocinco (or Johnson as he is supposedly changing his name back to) then I am good.

Herzlich is the type of player BB would take a chance on, we shall see. Like Bruschi, his health will always be a ? but I say give him a chance especially because of Tully's injury. Heard they are looking at Cleavland's OLB Chris Roth whose a good outside pass rusher and good in a 3-4.

Old
07-25-2011, 08:32 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
It is over for real this time.. Camp opens Wednesday! Tully Banta-Cain out 5 weeks with a sports hernia..
I saw this on the news yesterday, how long has he had this? If he's had this for a while and now decides to take care of this I'd be PO'd if I was Belichek.

Happy for all the football fans out there, real and fantasy people.

Old
07-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Mione134

Excellent points. I really hope they give him a shot. I hear the Jets were looking at him too...I don't think I could bare him playing for them. This kid is a Pat through and through.

Curious to see what they do with Mankins. He rubbs me the wrong way, but is a DAMN good player.

And lastly, let's hope Tommy Boy cuts his hair. Its looking greasy. Not a fan! Haha

Old
07-25-2011, 08:37 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
The NFLPA still has to re-certify and then ratify the agreement, so I'm not going to believe it's over until I see players report to camp.

On a different note, how sad is Brett Favre? Can't the guy just walk away and save even one shred of dignity?

Old
07-25-2011, 09:06 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
The NFLPA still has to re-certify and then ratify the agreement, so I'm not going to believe it's over until I see players report to camp.

On a different note, how sad is Brett Favre? Can't the guy just walk away and save even one shred of dignity?
I think that's the first time I've seen Brett Favre and dignity used in the same thought. I hope he comes back as long as it's not with the Giants, I want to see the train wreck continue. But then again I do have a sadistical side.

Old
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
I saw this on the news yesterday, how long has he had this? If he's had this for a while and now decides to take care of this I'd be PO'd if I was Belichek.

Happy for all the football fans out there, real and fantasy people.
He played with it last season. Apparently he was fine all off season then when he started ramping up his workouts, it flared up and rather than waiting for the season to begin, he did it Friday. He'll be good to go by the time the season begins.

The issue with Tully is that he couldn't see the trainers and other medical professionals so that is also a factor. Tully isn't one to frig around and hide stuff. He would have been tossed on his butt long before now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Excellent points. I really hope they give him a shot. I hear the Jets were looking at him too...I don't think I could bare him playing for them. This kid is a Pat through and through.
Curious to see what they do with Mankins. He rubbs me the wrong way, but is a DAMN good player.
And lastly, let's hope Tommy Boy cuts his hair. Its looking greasy. Not a fan! Haha
100% agree with you. Tom needs to cut the bs and focus on the game. Ever since he's been gallivanting around with Giselle his game has suffered. He was always one of the black tshirt guys who got a coveted parking spot and now he doesn't have one.

Mankins pissed me off and it's going to take a lot for him to get back into my good graces..

Hope Herz gets a deal somewhere.

Quote:

Sad isn't even the word...

Old
07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
He played with it last season. Apparently he was fine all off season then when he started ramping up his workouts, it flared up and rather than waiting for the season to begin, he did it Friday. He'll be good to go by the time the season begins.

The issue with Tully is that he couldn't see the trainers and other medical professionals so that is also a factor. Tully isn't one to frig around and hide stuff. He would have been tossed on his butt long before now.

100% agree with you. Tom needs to cut the bs and focus on the game. Ever since he's been gallivanting around with Giselle his game has suffered. He was always one of the black tshirt guys who got a coveted parking spot and now he doesn't have one.

Mankins pissed me off and it's going to take a lot for him to get back into my good graces..

Hope Herz gets a deal somewhere.

Sad isn't even the word...

What Tully can't afford to see a fricken doctor on his own. That's no excuse, what if it was something life threatening? he'd wait to see the team doc? Give me a break.

As far as Mankins goes, he sticking to his guns. I'm behind him 100%, screw the Krafts on this one (and I consider them good owners too.). I'd feel the same way if Mankins was with the Giants. The Kraft's went back on their word with him. I'd be giving them the one finger salute on the way out of town and sign with the Jets just to really stick it to them. But that's just me.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:06 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I think that's the first time I've seen Brett Favre and dignity used in the same thought. I hope he comes back as long as it's not with the Giants, I want to see the train wreck continue. But then again I do have a sadistical side.
If he does come back, I can hardly wait for the 17th career retrospective that ESPN does once he announces he's retiring again at the end of the year. Those strokefests have been tremendous unintentional comedy. How many times can the McDonalds of sports get duped into airing the same story? At this point, the only way Favre is really going to stay retired is if he gets hit by a bus and dies. Otherwise, it's safer to assume he's going to try and play.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:31 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
If he does come back, I can hardly wait for the 17th career retrospective that ESPN does once he announces he's retiring again at the end of the year. Those strokefests have been tremendous unintentional comedy. How many times can the McDonalds of sports get duped into airing the same story? At this point, the only way Favre is really going to stay retired is if he gets hit by a bus and dies. Otherwise, it's safer to assume he's going to try and play.
He probably holds the record for most INTs thrown with last play that led to other teams victory in a playoff game. I can think of at least 3, the Seahawks game in '03,
and 2 Conference Championship games against the Giants and the Saints. Keep coming back Brett you just keep showing how smart people from Mississippi are.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
What Tully can't afford to see a fricken doctor on his own. That's no excuse, what if it was something life threatening? he'd wait to see the team doc? Give me a break.

As far as Mankins goes, he sticking to his guns. I'm behind him 100%, screw the Krafts on this one (and I consider them good owners too.). I'd feel the same way if Mankins was with the Giants. The Kraft's went back on their word with him. I'd be giving them the one finger salute on the way out of town and sign with the Jets just to really stick it to them. But that's just me.
The issue that seems to be coming out of the Banta-Cain situation is the argument should he have had it done in Feb and why wait until now? I don't see anything wrong about trying to see if it heals on its own. I have a bad feeling that we're going to see some nasty injuries this season.

The Kraft's were well within their rights to exercise the franchise tag last year. Logan is a victim of bad timing. He is the best at his position and deserves to be paid like one but he needs to stop airing out the dirty laundry sort of speak and be professional.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:48 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
The issue that seems to be coming out of the Banta-Cain situation is the argument should he have had it done in Feb and why wait until now? I don't see anything wrong about trying to see if it heals on its own. I have a bad feeling that we're going to see some nasty injuries this season.

The Kraft's were well within their rights to exercise the franchise tag last year. Logan is a victim of bad timing. He is the best at his position and deserves to be paid like one but he needs to stop airing out the dirty laundry sort of speak and be professional.
Yes, they were in their rights but they should know the type of person Logan is, to make him apologize in public for something they are also responsable for is part of the reason they are at this point. Just because you have the right doesn't make it right.
I'm not saying the Krafts should fall over and give him the store, but you take care of those that take care of you. It's the 1st rule of business.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:06 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
He probably holds the record for most INTs thrown with last play that led to other teams victory in a playoff game. I can think of at least 3, the Seahawks game in '03,
and 2 Conference Championship games against the Giants and the Saints. Keep coming back Brett you just keep showing how smart people from Mississippi are.
He's the proverbial turd in the punch bowl that seemingly sinks his team's chances of moving on in the playoffs year after year. I can't believe how much credit he gets while all the media outlets continue to dismiss the negative impact and multiple choke jobs he's pulled in the playoffs. If you want a laugh, call up Felger and get him going on this topic. He hates Favre with a passion, and since he's a Packers fan, it's very personal.

Old
07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
He's the proverbial turd in the punch bowl that seemingly sinks his team's chances of moving on in the playoffs year after year. I can't believe how much credit he gets while all the media outlets continue to dismiss the negative impact and multiple choke jobs he's pulled in the playoffs. If you want a laugh, call up Felger and get him going on this topic. He hates Favre with a passion, and since he's a Packers fan, it's very personal.
Nothing beats listening to him or Maz when they go on a rant. It's what they call it "Radio gold".

Old
07-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Brettski just needs to stay retired, he's not only tarnishing his career further as well as making a mockery of the league and his team. At some point, the league needs to step in and say enough is enough.

Old
07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
He was the god damned unanimous MVP last year.

As for Mankins, his importance cannot be understated. Belichick & Kraft have to do everything they can to make it happen within reason. If they let an all-pro lineman go because Kraft is trying to demean him by ordering a public apology, they'll regret it in the long run. There's nobody on the open market who can play guard half as well as Mankins, our offense got significantly better when he returned last year. The better our offensive line is, the more time Brady has to find WRs, and that means the chains keep rolling.

Old
07-25-2011, 12:58 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
He was the god damned unanimous MVP last year.
People forget, stat wise last season was the second best of his career, 2007 being the best. The guy threw 36 TD's with only 4 INT's.

It's not his wife or his hair. The Pats need a REAL offensive coordinator, not some guy that was holding tackling dummies the year before. Wouldn't hurt if they had a RB who could average more than 1.5 yards per carry.

Closed Thread