HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Holloway going to Europe

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM
  #26
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
A journalist (@ZimmeNP) for the fanclub of Skellefteå AIK confirms that Bud Holloway has leaved US for Swedish hockey. Sad! Do we still own his rights?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:37 PM
  #27
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
A journalist (@ZimmeNP) for the fanclub of Skellefteå AIK confirms that Bud Holloway has leaved US for Swedish hockey. Sad! Do we still own his rights?

Maybe Manchester can bring back Brady Murray?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
  #28
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Theres no coincidence that it was Skellefteå that signed him. They have allready picked up Manchester Monarchs Oscar Möller. Last year they had a huge succes with Miko Lehtinen that was in a similar situation, young, putting up big numbers in AHL and not given much of a chance to be a NHL-player.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
  #29
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Official: http://www.skellefteaaik.se/content/...er.aspx?id=553

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
  #30
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Mat was right again. For those who say he never gets anything correct except injuries, he gets these moves right all the time. I should have looked at the link because I thought it was Eklund who had reported it. Time to start paying attention to things.

Bud, You have either made a serious mistake or were told that there wouldn't be a spot for you and made the best decision you could. I am of the opinion that you took some bad advice from your rep but time will tell.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
  #31
rick3652
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
ZS, as usual you made a few good points but concerning point3, you better have no doubt, the SEL is the 2nd best european championship behind the KHL, no match for the AHL.
Not sure if you are saying that the SEL/KHL is better than the AHL. the way you word it is saying the AHL is better. Not sure that is what you mean? If you mean they are better than the AHL you should of said. "the AHL is no match"

rick3652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
  #32
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
What do you guys think about Kozun and Toffoli's chances now?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
  #33
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Well Kozun, Toffoli, Vey and Cliche should all be a bit more excited.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:20 PM
  #34
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Not sure if you are saying that the SEL/KHL is better than the AHL. the way you word it is saying the AHL is better. Not sure that is what you mean? If you mean they are better than the AHL you should of said. "the AHL is no match"
I have been lucky enough over the years to attend several SEL and KHL games and the AHL is clearly the superior league. Not only in terms of competition but also in the manner that the league is managed, the arenas etc.

Another thing to consider is that there isn't likely going to be the possibility to be called up to your NHL team from the SEL/KHL or any other EU league.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:34 PM
  #35
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Well Kozun, Toffoli, Vey and Cliche should all be a bit more excited.
I disagree....No way Toffoli jumps from juniors to the NHL. Cliche plays center/RW and the Kings are loaded at center...Vey is headed to Manchester....where is there room for Kozun?

The 3rd line will most likely be Clifford-Stoll-Richardson...the 4th line Parse-Lewis-Westgarth.....the spare forward spot is going to be for a guy who rotates for Richie, Westy and Parse....it will be a a guy who management doesn't think will hinder his development if he only plays 40 games or so...ie Clune, King, possibly Cliche if they shift to RW. Veteran AHL'ers.


Last edited by Johnny Utah: 07-25-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
  #36
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I disagree....No way Toffoli jumps from juniors to the NHL. Cliche plays center/RW and the Kings are loaded at center...Vey is headed to Manchester....where is there room for Kozun?

The 3rd line will most likely be Clifford-Stoll-Richardson...the 4th line Parse-Lewis-Westgarth.....the spare forward spot is going to be for a guy who rotates for Richie, Westy and Parse....it will be a a guy who management doesn't think will hinder his development if he only plays 40 games or so...ie Clune, King, possibly Cliche if they shift to RW.
Pretty sure he meant less competition in the future, and in Manchester....I don't think he was insinuating that Toffoli jumps to the NHL now....

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:46 PM
  #37
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
If we go by TM's centers will play center then I would rule out Cliche. Toffi is a pure snipper and while I typically don't see much wrong in starting kids off on the bottom lines while they pick up the speed of the game in Toffi's case I wouldn't bring him up until his spot in the top six was open.

Kozun can play utility forward and has the speed to be effective at both ends of the ice. Is he ready? I would at least have to think that he is as our extra forward and might be able to earn his spot as our 3rd line anchor by the end of the season. He has the skills to do so.

We have options.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
  #38
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Anyone know of a link to see how much each player makes in the Swedish league? Like a Capgeek for Swedes?

Also, anyone know how much he makes on the Monarchs?

Just interested to see the discrepancy in compensation that would make Bud want to bail to Sweden.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
  #39
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I disagree....No way Toffoli jumps from juniors to the NHL. Cliche plays center/RW and the Kings are loaded at center...Vey is headed to Manchester....where is there room for Kozun?

I think he's saying there'll be more minutes in Manchester for these guys.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
  #40
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Anyone know of a link to see how much each player makes in the Swedish league? Like a Capgeek for Swedes?

Also, anyone know how much he makes on the Monarchs?

Just interested to see the discrepancy in compensation that would make Bud want to bail to Sweden.
I think top players get paid a couple of hundred grand. Not sure if Holloway would be considered one of them but since he was willing to move here I'd suspect he's probably doubling his AHL money (which was $55k).

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
  #41
Harks
Registered User
 
Harks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Malmö
Country: Sweden
Posts: 462
vCash: 500


... Well as a SAIK-fan I'm happy.
Skelleftea has a standpoint where they wish to get guys who wants to/back to, the NHL and let them get one year with large amount of ice-time. Last year we contracted Joakim Lindström and Mikko Lehtonen(BOS/MIN) and they finished 1st and 2nd in SEL-scoring and Lindström got a one-way with Avs and Lehtonen took a KHL-deal.

We have a solid youth-program and there are lots of scouts hanging around the arena so the guys gets a chance to be seen if they perform. This year we lost/got 4 guys to the NHL (D.Rundblad, Tim Erixon, Adam Larsson and Lindström. And there's more coming with Lucas Wallmark-95 as the top-prospect - expected 2014 1st-rounder.

Don't know about Bud's rights but if he wants to be seen by other teams scouts Skelleftea is a good choice and Moller's already there so won't be too rough transition.

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:00 PM
  #42
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post


... Well as a SAIK-fan I'm happy.
Skelleftea has a standpoint where they wish to get guys who wants to/back to, the NHL and let them get one year with large amount of ice-time. Last year we contracted Joakim Lindström and Mikko Lehtonen(BOS/MIN) and they finished 1st and 2nd in SEL-scoring and Lindström got a one-way with Avs and Lehtonen took a KHL-deal.

We have a solid youth-program and there are lots of scouts hanging around the arena so the guys gets a chance to be seen if they perform. This year we lost/got 4 guys to the NHL (D.Rundblad, Tim Erixon, Adam Larsson and Lindström. And there's more coming with Lucas Wallmark-95 as the top-prospect - expected 2014 1st-rounder.

Don't know about Bud's rights but if he wants to be seen by other teams scouts Skelleftea is a good choice and Moller's already there so won't be too rough transition.
@ GIF.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:01 PM
  #43
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Anyone know of a link to see how much each player makes in the Swedish league? Like a Capgeek for Swedes?

Also, anyone know how much he makes on the Monarchs?

Just interested to see the discrepancy in compensation that would make Bud want to bail to Sweden.
Salaries are kept a secret in Sweden. Which is a bit silly. Skellefteå had some money to spare, since highpaid Joakim Lindström went to NHL and Lehtonen to KHL and the clubs financial situation is pretty decent.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
  #44
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Should we change the thread title to "Confirmed with link?"

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:05 PM
  #45
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I think it has been confirmed by a few sources now.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
  #46
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Not sure if you are saying that the SEL/KHL is better than the AHL. the way you word it is saying the AHL is better. Not sure that is what you mean? If you mean they are better than the AHL you should of said. "the AHL is no match"
I apologize, it was a typo. I meant to say that the SEL is a much better and more competitive league.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:11 PM
  #47
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Should we change the thread title to "Confirmed with link?"
here

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:16 PM
  #48
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Kinda like their logo

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
  #49
BringTheReign
Registered User
 
BringTheReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 500
We're not exactly deep at forward so this sucks, if true. Hopefully he doesn't make up his mind before camp.

BringTheReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
  #50
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
This is a good thing.

It was unlikely he was going to make the Kings, and he had proven all he could in the AHL. Going to Sweden presents a new challenge for him, and should help him develop his game further.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.