HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Holloway going to Europe

Old
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM
SuperAlmeida

vCash: 500
A journalist (@ZimmeNP) for the fanclub of Skellefteå AIK confirms that Bud Holloway has leaved US for Swedish hockey. Sad! Do we still own his rights?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
A journalist (@ZimmeNP) for the fanclub of Skellefteå AIK confirms that Bud Holloway has leaved US for Swedish hockey. Sad! Do we still own his rights?

Maybe Manchester can bring back Brady Murray?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
cheerupmurray

Theres no coincidence that it was Skellefteå that signed him. They have allready picked up Manchester Monarchs Oscar Möller. Last year they had a huge succes with Miko Lehtinen that was in a similar situation, young, putting up big numbers in AHL and not given much of a chance to be a NHL-player.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
SuperAlmeida

Official: http://www.skellefteaaik.se/content/...er.aspx?id=553

Old
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Mat was right again. For those who say he never gets anything correct except injuries, he gets these moves right all the time. I should have looked at the link because I thought it was Eklund who had reported it. Time to start paying attention to things.

Bud, You have either made a serious mistake or were told that there wouldn't be a spot for you and made the best decision you could. I am of the opinion that you took some bad advice from your rep but time will tell.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
rick3652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
ZS, as usual you made a few good points but concerning point3, you better have no doubt, the SEL is the 2nd best european championship behind the KHL, no match for the AHL.
Not sure if you are saying that the SEL/KHL is better than the AHL. the way you word it is saying the AHL is better. Not sure that is what you mean? If you mean they are better than the AHL you should of said. "the AHL is no match"

rick3652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
SuperAlmeida

What do you guys think about Kozun and Toffoli's chances now?

Old
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Well Kozun, Toffoli, Vey and Cliche should all be a bit more excited.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Not sure if you are saying that the SEL/KHL is better than the AHL. the way you word it is saying the AHL is better. Not sure that is what you mean? If you mean they are better than the AHL you should of said. "the AHL is no match"
I have been lucky enough over the years to attend several SEL and KHL games and the AHL is clearly the superior league. Not only in terms of competition but also in the manner that the league is managed, the arenas etc.

Another thing to consider is that there isn't likely going to be the possibility to be called up to your NHL team from the SEL/KHL or any other EU league.

Old
07-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Well Kozun, Toffoli, Vey and Cliche should all be a bit more excited.
I disagree....No way Toffoli jumps from juniors to the NHL. Cliche plays center/RW and the Kings are loaded at center...Vey is headed to Manchester....where is there room for Kozun?

The 3rd line will most likely be Clifford-Stoll-Richardson...the 4th line Parse-Lewis-Westgarth.....the spare forward spot is going to be for a guy who rotates for Richie, Westy and Parse....it will be a a guy who management doesn't think will hinder his development if he only plays 40 games or so...ie Clune, King, possibly Cliche if they shift to RW. Veteran AHL'ers.

Last edited by Johnny Utah: 07-25-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I disagree....No way Toffoli jumps from juniors to the NHL. Cliche plays center/RW and the Kings are loaded at center...Vey is headed to Manchester....where is there room for Kozun?

The 3rd line will most likely be Clifford-Stoll-Richardson...the 4th line Parse-Lewis-Westgarth.....the spare forward spot is going to be for a guy who rotates for Richie, Westy and Parse....it will be a a guy who management doesn't think will hinder his development if he only plays 40 games or so...ie Clune, King, possibly Cliche if they shift to RW.
Pretty sure he meant less competition in the future, and in Manchester....I don't think he was insinuating that Toffoli jumps to the NHL now....

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:46 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

If we go by TM's centers will play center then I would rule out Cliche. Toffi is a pure snipper and while I typically don't see much wrong in starting kids off on the bottom lines while they pick up the speed of the game in Toffi's case I wouldn't bring him up until his spot in the top six was open.

Kozun can play utility forward and has the speed to be effective at both ends of the ice. Is he ready? I would at least have to think that he is as our extra forward and might be able to earn his spot as our 3rd line anchor by the end of the season. He has the skills to do so.

We have options.

Old
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Anyone know of a link to see how much each player makes in the Swedish league? Like a Capgeek for Swedes?

Also, anyone know how much he makes on the Monarchs?

Just interested to see the discrepancy in compensation that would make Bud want to bail to Sweden.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

I think he's saying there'll be more minutes in Manchester for these guys.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Anyone know of a link to see how much each player makes in the Swedish league? Like a Capgeek for Swedes?

Just interested to see the discrepancy in compensation that would make Bud want to bail to Sweden.
I think top players get paid a couple of hundred grand. Not sure if Holloway would be considered one of them but since he was willing to move here I'd suspect he's probably doubling his AHL money (which was $55k).

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Harks

... Well as a SAIK-fan I'm happy.
Skelleftea has a standpoint where they wish to get guys who wants to/back to, the NHL and let them get one year with large amount of ice-time. Last year we contracted Joakim Lindström and Mikko Lehtonen(BOS/MIN) and they finished 1st and 2nd in SEL-scoring and Lindström got a one-way with Avs and Lehtonen took a KHL-deal.

We have a solid youth-program and there are lots of scouts hanging around the arena so the guys gets a chance to be seen if they perform. This year we lost/got 4 guys to the NHL (D.Rundblad, Tim Erixon, Adam Larsson and Lindström. And there's more coming with Lucas Wallmark-95 as the top-prospect - expected 2014 1st-rounder.

Don't know about Bud's rights but if he wants to be seen by other teams scouts Skelleftea is a good choice and Moller's already there so won't be too rough transition.

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post

... Well as a SAIK-fan I'm happy.
Skelleftea has a standpoint where they wish to get guys who wants to/back to, the NHL and let them get one year with large amount of ice-time. Last year we contracted Joakim Lindström and Mikko Lehtonen(BOS/MIN) and they finished 1st and 2nd in SEL-scoring and Lindström got a one-way with Avs and Lehtonen took a KHL-deal.

We have a solid youth-program and there are lots of scouts hanging around the arena so the guys gets a chance to be seen if they perform. This year we lost/got 4 guys to the NHL (D.Rundblad, Tim Erixon, Adam Larsson and Lindström. And there's more coming with Lucas Wallmark-95 as the top-prospect - expected 2014 1st-rounder.

Don't know about Bud's rights but if he wants to be seen by other teams scouts Skelleftea is a good choice and Moller's already there so won't be too rough transition.
@ GIF.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:01 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post

Salaries are kept a secret in Sweden. Which is a bit silly. Skellefteå had some money to spare, since highpaid Joakim Lindström went to NHL and Lehtonen to KHL and the clubs financial situation is pretty decent.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Should we change the thread title to "Confirmed with link?"

Old
07-25-2011, 02:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I think it has been confirmed by a few sources now.

Old
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
I apologize, it was a typo. I meant to say that the SEL is a much better and more competitive league.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Should we change the thread title to "Confirmed with link?"
here

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Kinda like their logo

Old
07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
BringTheReign

We're not exactly deep at forward so this sucks, if true. Hopefully he doesn't make up his mind before camp.

BringTheReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
johnjm22

This is a good thing.

It was unlikely he was going to make the Kings, and he had proven all he could in the AHL. Going to Sweden presents a new challenge for him, and should help him develop his game further.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote