HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
07-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Puck
Ninja

vCash: 500
Halo 4

I don't know if this was mentioned before. I went back 7 pages and didn't see any new Halo threads. On June 6th, Microsoft announced Halo's Master Chief was back.

Halo 4 and Halo HD announced

Quote:
It’s official, Halo 4 has been announced by Microsoft at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. While Microsoft said in the past that the franchise was done “for now” back when Halo 3 was released, people expected another direct sequel someday, but not this early. Halo Reach was released last year to good reviews, but a direct sequel to Halo wasn’t expected this early.
http://www.geekistry.com/2011/06/06/...-hd-announced/

Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Also announced Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. Will probably get that when it comes out later this year. Halo 4 on the other hand is just about the only game I look forward to coming next year.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Puck
Ninja

Bungie Games has transferred the Halo franchise over to 343 Industries, a new Microsoft gaming studio, created specifically to handle the Halo franchise. I figured Halo would go into suspended animation like Master Chief for awhile, but it looks like they've decided to reanimate everybody. If you're a Halo fan, rejoice, expect to see many more Halo titles in the near future. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

Bungie is now supposedly working on a new game called Destiny, with its own game engine.

Just like many old Marvel and DC Comics characters have become major Hollywood movie franchises, I predict in a decade or so, Halo and Master Chief will move on to the big screen.

Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Bungie Games has transferred the Halo franchise over to 343 Industries, a new Microsoft gaming studio, created specifically to handle the Halo franchise. I figured Halo would go into suspended animation like Master Chief for awhile, but it looks like they've decided to reanimate everybody. If you're a Halo fan, rejoice, expect to see many more Halo titles in the near future. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

Bungie is now supposedly working on a new game called Destiny, with its own game engine.

Just like many old Marvel and DC Comics characters have become major Hollywood movie franchises, I predict in a decade or so, Halo and Master Chief will move on to the big screen.
A lot of Bungie/Halo veterans at there...

Oh yeah, that movie really should come out, the live action commercials have shown that it can be transferred to the big screen.

Last edited by Jussi: 07-09-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old
07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
good to hear. looking forward to a good halo title. i played reach a lot but it was never a great game. i really hated what they did with the story so im looking to move past that game. hopefully this game will also have some good multiplayer maps.

halo reach had horse **** frame rate too

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

I dunno man. Reach just didn't do it for me like CE, 2 and 3 did. Hopefully 4 can get me back in it.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Bungie managed to turn near perfection (H1-H3) into crap.

Seriously, ODST and Reach rank up there for biggest disappointments ever. Halo 4 better not have any of that Call of Duty pick a class ****....

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Zodiac

my favorite Halo games = part 3 and 2.

getting kinda bored of the series tho.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Augscura

Halo 1 > all the others. Looking forward to the Combat Evolved Anniversary edition.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Old
07-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Clock

As much as I loved the first two games, and to some extent the third, I can't help but feel that the series is getting a little bit tired. It's practically been the same game for five years now.

Maybe the new studio will introduce some new mechanics to it that will liven it up somehow.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 12:38 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
As much as I loved the first two games, and to some extent the third, I can't help but feel that the series is getting a little bit tired. It's practically been the same game for five years now.

Maybe the new studio will introduce some new mechanics to it that will liven it up somehow.
True but I heard it will use the Reach engine to some extent. I think they milked it a bit with ODST, horrible game IMO. I will get it because the mulit-player is always good.

If it's a tweaked up version of Reach, I'm good with that. There is no better game with multi player updates IMO. New playlists every week, heck they even had Halo Hockey on there. It was hilarious.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Can't wait until Halofest to learn more about Halo 4. I'm not too impressed with Halo Anniversary. The Halo fanboy inside of me wants to get it, but there are simply too many other new games coming out in the Fall that I rather spend both time and money on.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

The classic mode thing in Halo: Anniversary looks really cool.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:18 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Anniversary is $30 today at Newegg. It was really all weekend, but I figured I'd still share.

I'm really pumped for this. I know the gameplay hasn't aged well but I'm still excited to get a room full of my old friends online for some Blood Gulch and Sidewinder CTF. Some of the best times I've ever had playing video games.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
True but I heard it will use the Reach engine to some extent. I think they milked it a bit with ODST, horrible game IMO. I will get it because the mulit-player is always good.

If it's a tweaked up version of Reach, I'm good with that. There is no better game with multi player updates IMO. New playlists every week, heck they even had Halo Hockey on there. It was hilarious.
Yeah, that was insane, I played that once with some friends.

Old
07-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Unholy

Miss playing Halo 1-3 all the time. Friends stopped playing 360 so mine has been collecting dust as well.

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:03 AM
GTA Fan
ಠ_ಠ

I've never played ODST or Reach. Just got a 360 again last week and picked up Halo 3 for $10 - love it. I was a big Halo 2 player when I was younger. I will buy a new Xbox for Halo 4.

GTA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:31 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Reach was my second favorite in the series.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

So the Anniversary version includes the original multiplayer maps etc.? Is it the same multiplayer as that game or is it like Reach's rank system and that? When is it out?

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 05:45 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
So the Anniversary version includes the original multiplayer maps etc.? Is it the same multiplayer as that game or is it like Reach's rank system and that? When is it out?
They haven't detailed the multiplayer yet. There are very obvious modernized aspects of the multiplayer gameplay, but I'm hoping it'll be possible to play a faithful re-creation. At the very least, I hope they manage to bring back Halo's awesome physics. Hog jousting was so much freaking fun.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
bdp

The multiplayer will be using the Reach online multiplayer. It's basically a Halo Reach map pack of the original Halo maps, although you can play it off the Anniversary disc obviously.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/ha...-are-for-halo/

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 07:21 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Halo 4.. Another Halo with maybe one new weapon and one new vehicle.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Zodiac

i'm kind of amazed that the newer installments of Halo never really had the ability to aim down the sights like in COD, or other newer shooters.

and i never really saw the greatness of the online Halo play ...maybe it was good 8 years ago, or so, but by today's standards it's nothing special, imo. any time i ever tried it out, you basically had to empty all your ammo into someone's ass to weaken them and then run up and hit them with the butt end of your gun to finish them off.

either that, or you'd be tossing grenades at their feet while jumping around ...hoping for the best.

seems pretty boring online.

i did like the single player campaigns tho.

edit: oh, and another thing i disliked was that you couldn't sprint. just the same one speed all the time. so terrible at this point.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 08:32 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Halo 4.. Another Halo with maybe one new weapon and one new vehicle.
Until stupid people stop buying it, they'll keep rehashing the same old thing over and over...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote