HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Wolski buyout

Old
07-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
BB just said he's likely to not be bought out.

He doesn't fit our top 6. He's pretty much useless in the bottom 6.

For the Rangers he1st, or 2nd in their lw depth, so top 6 minutes where he can be useful.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Subnordi

Don't want Wolski, so space for him with our lines most likely turning out like

Cole-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Desharnais-Eller-Kostitsyn
Moen-White-Darche

There's no-where on our team where he would be more useful then the player we already have there.

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
BB just said he's likely to not be bought out.

For the Rangers he1st, or 2nd in their lw depth, so top 6 minutes where he can be useful.
Yeah, I don't really see the point for Montreal.

Their LW depth chart looks like this, correct:

Cammalleri
Pacioretty
Kostitsyn/Desharnais
Darche/Moen

???

Wolski doesn't really fit in there, as Kostitsyn/Pacioretty/Cammalleri are all better top-6 options than Wolski, and he's not fit to play on a 4th line. He has played a bit of center, but he's completely bombed at that position due to lack of effort/IQ.

Wolski is a perfect fit for the current Rangers' roster, and the Rangers' roster is a perfect fit for Wolski; lack of another ideal top-6 LW will allow Wolski to get a chance to put up numbers with solid ice-time and good linemates. With 1 year left on his deal, there really is no point in a buyout.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by JeffMangum: 07-25-2011 at 10:16 PM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:35 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnordi View Post

Cole-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-White-Darche

There's no-where on our team where he would be more useful then the player we already have there.
at White penciled in as a center. Not gonna happen IMO.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnordi View Post

Cole-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-White-Darche

I'm curious as to what people think Darche does for the team. He's not exceptionally tough or defensively adept. I believe him to be a depth scorer, rather than what folks think of as a Brian Burke style bottom 6 forward. Wolski, though he plays with more skill and less determination than Darche, gives a team the same end advantages (secondary scoring), with greater results.

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm curious as to what people think Darche does for the team. He's not exceptionally tough or defensively adept. I believe him to be a depth scorer, rather than what folks think of as a Brian Burke style bottom 6 forward. Wolski, though he plays with more skill and less determination than Darche, gives a team the same end advantages (secondary scoring), with greater results.
I think you're making a grave error in comparing Darche and Wolski. Darche's primary role is not that he provides secondary or even tertiary scoring, but rather that he's reliable. He's a player that can slot in on any line and provide whatever the coach asks. He's solid along the boards; fundamentally strong; battles on every inch of the ice; positions well to cut off skating and passing lanes; goes to the net; and he's complementary to other players in that he adapts to the line he's on and role he's been given. In other words, he's malleable--precisely something that every coach and team needs. Indeed, he's more or less a simple role player who, while limited, provides the intelligence, awareness, and reliability necessary for a coach to feel comfortable with a lineup--particularly a young lineup with youth in its bottom-6.

Wolski provides none of the above. In fact, he's essentially the anti-thesis to anything responsible or reliable. He provides meager secondary scoring at a cost of all of the above, which is why he's on a fast track to being out of the NHL.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 06:05 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
at White penciled in as a center. Not gonna happen IMO.
While I agree it won't happen, with Eller and Desharnais there, I don't see how it's absolutely laughable. White's natural position is at centre.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Subnordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
While I agree it won't happen, with Eller and Desharnais there, I don't see how it's absolutely laughable. White's natural position is at centre.
Thank you. Maybe we'll have someone like Engqvist make it out of camp as well, then we can scratch someone and move White back to the wing. Didn't he play center in Junior and the Pre-season?

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Darche plays bottom 6, top 6 ( ) or press box. I'd like to see Darche be a bit more physical, but like you said, he's more determined and his forecheck is better.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote