HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

USHL Fargo Force

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2011, 02:00 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Got there early enough to park in the paved lot but there were alot of folks in the arena with muddy feet.
Everyone I've talked to really appreciates paying $3 to have their shoes ruined. I know I had a $100 pair of shoes ruined at the game vs Des Moines. Brand new, multi-million dollar facility and they cant even master the simplicity known as a "parking lot".

Old
04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Everyone I've talked to really appreciates paying $3 to have their shoes ruined. I know I had a $100 pair of shoes ruined at the game vs Des Moines. Brand new, multi-million dollar facility and they cant even master the simplicity known as a "parking lot".
I know the parking sucks that is why I always wear my crap tennis shoes. I agree though beautiful rink horsecrap parking.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Dakota Sioux

Heading to a Force game again friday.Going to have to see how bad Fargo is getting flooded at the time. Can't believe they haven't figured something out like they did up in Grand Forks after the great flood of 97'.

Last edited by Dakota Sioux: 04-05-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old
04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
I understand why you are frustrated of not having the parking lot paved, but why wear those shoes knowing the parking lot isn't paved?

Old
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
I understand why you are frustrated of not having the parking lot paved, but why wear those shoes knowing the parking lot isn't paved?
Because I dream every parking situation will be like the Lewiston Colisee. Organized and cheap.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Were you ever in Lewiston before the Maineiacs came to town? The parking lot was basically mud

Old
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
Were you ever in Lewiston before the Maineiacs came to town? The parking lot was basically mud
Nope. Only followed the team while I was in college/working for them.

And the parking at Force games IS mud. Literally. 80% of the lot is literally dirt and if you know anything about the precipitation and landscape of the midwest, it's straight #$%^ing mud for 9 months of the year. Brand new, multi million dollar facility and they can't even pave the ******* parking lot. At least, I'd EXPECT mud at the Colisee, it's 60 years old!

Old
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Dakota Sioux

There is a paved parking lot at the Scheels arena. Get there a bit early fork over 3 bucks and there ya go.

Old
04-12-2011, 08:16 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
There is a paved parking lot at the Scheels arena. Get there a bit early fork over 3 bucks and there ya go.

$3? LOL. Try $40 for a parking pass, only to have those Concordia dumbasabrick Frat boys guiding you into the mud lot on the west side of the arena. Oh and walking FROM the paved lot to the front of the arena, again is still not paved. You WILL walk in mud getting out of the Scheels arena.

Old
07-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
$3? LOL. Try $40 for a parking pass, only to have those Concordia dumbasabrick Frat boys guiding you into the mud lot on the west side of the arena. Oh and walking FROM the paved lot to the front of the arena, again is still not paved. You WILL walk in mud getting out of the Scheels arena.
Yes I pay 3 bucks to park in the paved lot and my shoes are clean when I enter the arena.

Old
07-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Dakota Sioux

The Force have hired their 4th coach in as many years. John Marks is the new man. I love this hire because he is a hard nosed coach that will get these kids to play to the best of their ability. Old school with a no nonsense approach. Lets hope he sticks around longer than 1 year like the prior 3 coaches.

Another plus is he is a former Fighting Sioux and Blackhawk.

Old
07-24-2011, 08:55 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yes I pay 3 bucks to park in the paved lot and my shoes are clean when I enter the arena.
Congrats.

Old
07-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Congrats.
Thank you. By the way there will be more paved parking for ya this year.

Old
07-25-2011, 07:00 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Thank you. By the way there will be more paved parking for ya this year.
Yes. Because of the YMCA.

Which the Force took credit for. "We found a solution" as quoted in the Forum. Yes...the YMCA got built and they took credit for it's parking.

Classy organization.

And they still will not pave the West Lot. By the way.

Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 07-25-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old
07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:

Which the Force took credit for. "We found a solution" as quoted in the Forum. Yes...the YMCA got built and they took credit for it's parking.

Classy organization.

I tell ya what. I would rather be able to go watch a USHL team without a paved parking lot than have a paved parking lot and no team. You really just need to get over it already. Get inside,get a beer,take a seat and enjoy some pretty damn good puck.

And by the way,I'm a spoiled Fighting Sioux season ticket holder with a parking pass to the games. If anyone should be whining about the parking at the Scheels Arena it should be me.

Old
07-26-2011, 07:14 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
I tell ya what. I would rather be able to go watch a USHL team without a paved parking lot than have a paved parking lot and no team. You really just need to get over it already. Get inside,get a beer,take a seat and enjoy some pretty damn good puck.

And by the way,I'm a spoiled Fighting Sioux season ticket holder with a parking pass to the games. If anyone should be whining about the parking at the Scheels Arena it should be me.

I'd rather a multi million dollar arena have better than a hundred dollar "lot". Then again, I have higher standards than most in ND.

Old
07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
I'd rather a multi million dollar arena have better than a hundred dollar "lot". Then again, I have higher standards than most in ND.
To each their own DynamoAO. Would still love to meet up with ya for a beer during a Force game.

Old
07-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Dakota Sioux

Fargo Force 2011-12 schedule.
http://fargoforce.com/schedule/game-schedule/

Old
07-26-2011, 09:26 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
To each their own DynamoAO. Would still love to meet up with ya for a beer during a Force game.
I don't drink alcohol. Not getting season tickets next year either for the $1 sodas...

Old
07-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
I don't drink alcohol. Not getting season tickets next year either for the $1 sodas...
Alrighty then. Nevermind. Life is to short to worry about a dollar soda but then again to each their own. Go Force!!!

Old
07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
zack7687

Quote:
Did you like the parking situation?
Quote:
Quote:
Because I dream every parking situation will be like the Lewiston Colisee. Organized and cheap.
Quote:
Nope. Only followed the team while I was in college/working for them.

And the parking at Force games IS mud. Literally. 80% of the lot is literally dirt and if you know anything about the precipitation and landscape of the midwest, it's straight #$%^ing mud for 9 months of the year. Brand new, multi million dollar facility and they can't even pave the ******* parking lot. At least, I'd EXPECT mud at the Colisee, it's 60 years old!
Quote:
Quote:
Congrats.
Quote:

Classy organization.

Quote:
Quote:
I have lurked these boards for quite some time, and you sir are the biggest sally, and someone who probably looks for something to complain about everything.

You have the option to park in a paved lot, for a price, but does it not seem worth it? You knowingly wore a $100 (omg that's sooooo much money) to a mud filled parking lot, then complain because they got muddy! Seems like you are the idiot here. You complain about a $40 park pass, or $3 to park in a PAVED parking lot, but at the same time can afford to buy a "$100 pair of shoes." Maybe you need to keep your shoe budget to $97 or $60, or just wear an old pair of shoes.

Clearly there are options NOT to get your precious shoes dirty. You say 80% of the lot is mud, so why can you not find your way to the other 20%?

I have been to Fargo plenty of times and never once got mud on my shoes, even my first time there when I was unaware about the parking situation.

Des Moines has limited parking at their arena, so everyone parks in the K-Mart parking lot across the street. Is Des Moines not a classy organization because of this? Seems like working with another organization to fulfill their parking needs is a smart idea. Probably will keep you form ruining another pair of $100 shoes, yet you still complain.

You need to relax, shut the hell up, get in your seat, drink a beer (you could use a drink to loosen up a little bit), and enjoy some pretty damn good hockey. Walking into a rink that smells as good as Fargo from those roasted peanuts would make having muddy shoes okay with me.

Dakota Sioux, props for being nice to this guy for as long as you have. I would take the beer you were going to have with this guy and drink it yourself!

Old
07-27-2011, 08:32 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Alrighty then. Nevermind. Life is to short to worry about a dollar soda but then again to each their own. Go Force!!!
No worries at all. Jus sayin there's no value in paying $4 for 20 oz of liquid at a game played by teenagers . It's bad enough they charge pretty much as much as a Wild ticket haha. I can just go to a Spuds game for free and bring a drink in if I'm getting a calorie filled craving.

Old
07-27-2011, 08:39 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack7687 View Post
You have the option to park in a paved lot, for a price, but does it not seem worth it? You knowingly wore a $100 (omg that's sooooo much money) to a mud filled parking lot, then complain because they got muddy! Seems like you are the idiot here. You complain about a $40 park pass, or $3 to park in a PAVED parking lot, but at the same time can afford to buy a "$100 pair of shoes." Maybe you need to keep your shoe budget to $97 or $60, or just wear an old pair of shoes.
You don't understand. I'll try and bring it down a little lower...

In Fargo, 75% of the lot is paved. Except when it is half covered with snow that they refuse to move. They just pack it into the "corners" of the lot, taking up about 50% of that lot.

The other 25% is complete mud that they will not pave. You see in Fargo, we get a lot of snow. Then it melts and the ground soaks up the water, so it becomes mud. It's science.

I was a season ticket holder. I bought a parking pass.

This parking pass does NOT entitle you to a spot in the paved lot. It's whereever the hell the frat kids want to guide you. If the paved lot is full, because, god forbid I don't want to get to a junior hockey game an hour early... I am forced to park in the mud lot.

Oh and if both lots are full, they force you to park on the street, about a half a mile down the road. Oh yea and you have to pay to park on the public street...no refunds if it's full...and who's counting the spots? Certainly not the frat kids!

I don't know where your rant about me not paying to park came in because errrrrrrrr, I bought a parking pass.

Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 07-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old
07-27-2011, 08:51 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack7687 View Post
IDes Moines has limited parking at their arena, so everyone parks in the K-Mart parking lot across the street. Is Des Moines not a classy organization because of this? Seems like working with another organization to fulfill their parking needs is a smart idea. Probably will keep you form ruining another pair of $100 shoes, yet you still complain.
Do they charge you to park in the KMart parking lot? If so, I'd bet those KMart customers(KMarts still exist?) are pretty mad they have to pay to shop there. If not...you are comparing apples to pancakes. Fargo will still CHARGE people to use the YMCA's parking.

Old
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
You don't understand. I'll try and bring it down a little lower...

In Fargo, 75% of the lot is paved. Except when it is half covered with snow that they refuse to move. They just pack it into the "corners" of the lot, taking up about 50% of that lot.

The other 25% is complete mud that they will not pave. You see in Fargo, we get a lot of snow. Then it melts and the ground soaks up the water, so it becomes mud. It's science.

I was a season ticket holder. I bought a parking pass.

This parking pass does NOT entitle you to a spot in the paved lot. It's whereever the hell the frat kids want to guide you. If the paved lot is full, because, god forbid I don't want to get to a junior hockey game an hour early... I am forced to park in the mud lot.

Oh and if both lots are full, they force you to park on the street, about a half a mile down the road. Oh yea and you have to pay to park on the public street...no refunds if it's full...and who's counting the spots? Certainly not the frat kids!

I don't know where your rant about me not paying to park came in because errrrrrrrr, I bought a parking pass.
Get to the game a little earlier and park where the hell ya want to park.Not that difficult. I have never ever had a problem getting a decent spot.Never.

Hey zach7687,the beer that I would of had with him is now reserved for you.

Closed Thread