HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Bud2790

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Anyone know if they are still some tickets remaining for Osheaga? A one-day pass, I'd like to go on Sunday with a few friends.
http://www.osheaga.com/fr/tickets

Scroll down to ''Billet pour une journee - Admission Generale'' and click on Sunday, it will take you to the room to buy the tix. I tried it just for fun and it gave me a ticket, so there are some remaining!

Old
07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I know there's a few Fantasia fans around here besides me...the full line-up is being announced today, and most of the films have already leaked below:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25248

Looks like a pretty good list so far, already seeing a bunch I'm interested in: Cold Fish, The Wicker Tree, Beyond the Black Rainbow, Surviving Life, The Theatre Bizarre...

Old
07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Probably will go with 2-3 coworkers. Any twisted/sick/disturbing movie this year?

Old
07-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Probably will go with 2-3 coworkers. Any twisted/sick/disturbing movie this year?
umm... half of them are only that.

--
15 days to Heavy MTL... well 16 considering how much saturday will suck

Old
07-08-2011, 09:59 AM
GoHomez

If you'er going to Osheaga be sure to check out John Butler Trio!
Great three piece from Australia.
Get a cute girl and a bottle of wine and just enjoy!

If it's Heavy MTL, dont miss Machine Head, they've been awesome every time I've seen them! A really great live band and the last two albums are crushing!

Old
07-08-2011, 12:24 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post

If it's Heavy MTL, dont miss Machine Head, they've been awesome every time I've seen them! A really great live band and the last two albums are crushing!
Can't wait for the JBT. Osheaga recently released the schedule. A few conflicts but only one major problem with acts overlapping for me. Happens every year just gonna have to make a few tough decisions. My only complaint is once again is the set times alloted to each act. Your bringing in close to 80 bands (?) from all over the world, let them play. I'd much rather they set up an extra stage or two and expand the set lengths. An hour for bands like Death Cab, the Tragically Hip and Bright Eyes, who have been around since the 90's and have at least 7 albums each seems too short. At the same time, 40 minutes is not nearly enough time for bands playing earlier in the day. Dissapointed that Manchester Orchestra an Frightened Rabbit will only be playing a 40 minute set. And Hey Rosetta! at 40 minutes will be like 6 songs. They go through all the trouble to put this thing together I just wish they'd give everyone a little more time. Even if it meant potentially missing out on a few bands I'd like to see

Old
07-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Can't wait for the JBT. Osheaga recently released the schedule. A few conflicts but only one major problem with acts overlapping for me. Happens every year just gonna have to make a few tough decisions. My only complaint is once again is the set times alloted to each act. Your bringing in close to 80 bands (?) from all over the world, let them play. I'd much rather they set up an extra stage or two and expand the set lengths. An hour for bands like Death Cab, the Tragically Hip and Bright Eyes, who have been around since the 90's and have at least 7 albums each seems too short. At the same time, 40 minutes is not nearly enough time for bands playing earlier in the day. Dissapointed that Manchester Orchestra an Frightened Rabbit will only be playing a 40 minute set. And Hey Rosetta! at 40 minutes will be like 6 songs. They go through all the trouble to put this thing together I just wish they'd give everyone a little more time. Even if it meant potentially missing out on a few bands I'd like to see
They should make Osheaga more like the Ottawa Bluesfest: more days, more stages, longer sets.

Old
07-08-2011, 03:40 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Habs Fan View Post
They should make Osheaga more like the Ottawa Bluesfest: more days, more stages, longer sets.
It would definetly be an option but we already have the jazz fest which is similar to the blues fest plus it offers free outdoor shows. Blues fest is also more expensive than the Saturday/Sunday ticket to osheaga which is what I'll be doing. I like the festival concept just wish the sets were longer.

Old
07-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Anyone going to U2? I'm going tomorrow night, hope it doesn't rain, looks nice for tomorrow but I can't trust Meteomedia

Old
07-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Disclose

Quote:
theyre gonna do this crap at this year heavy mtl....
they added a 3rd stage, more bands and they ****ed it all up with overlaps and 40 minutes sets. i dont get it. it was perfect the way it was with only 2 stages, one next to the other.

the u2 stage looks impressive from all the pictures ive seen. too bad i really dislike bono and their music.

Old
07-10-2011, 12:59 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Anyone going to U2? I'm going tomorrow night, hope it doesn't rain, looks nice for tomorrow but I can't trust Meteomedia
Yes! And it was ****ing awesome.

Old
07-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Hugo Sham

my friend was texting from the show, saying it was spectacular. i live in westmount and could hear the entire concert. lol. pretty crazy....that's a good 7-10 miles away

Old
07-10-2011, 05:57 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post

Speaking of cool Australian bands, one of my favourite shows at Osheaga last year was the ska band Cat Empire. Just substitute the bottle of wine for some wacky tobacky

Old
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
GlorifiedMe

So for anyone who's been to Osheaga before, what's the distance between stages, or rather how long does it take to walk from one stage to the next if I want to see two bands back to back on different stages?

Old
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMe View Post
So for anyone who's been to Osheaga before, what's the distance between stages, or rather how long does it take to walk from one stage to the next if I want to see two bands back to back on different stages?
The two main stages (mountain & river) are side by side. You'll notice that when one act ends, another one begins on the other stage seconds later so you won't miss a thing. You can stand back and not even have to move but just turn your head. The other stages are about a ten minute and twelve minute walk from the main stages. Of course those two might not be in the exact same spot as last year but the two main ones will be.

Old
07-13-2011, 04:12 PM
GlorifiedMe

Quote:
The two main stages (mountain & river) are side by side. You'll notice that when one act ends, another one begins on the other stage seconds later so you won't miss a thing. You can stand back and not even have to move but just turn your head. The other stages are about a ten minute and twelve minute walk from the main stages. Of course those two might not be in the exact same spot as last year but the two main ones will be.
Excellent =) Thanks a lot.

Old
07-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Disclose

and its on....! Heavy MTL starts today. Beautiful weather. Hopefully stays like this for tomorrow.

Old
07-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Heavy MTL was good times again.

Saturday was definitely weaker. But Sunday with annihilator, anthrax, motorhead, morbid angel, devildriver, and my personal fav of the day was diamondhead. What a show.

The meat and potatoes of the lineup were great, with some so-so headliners. Thats what was disappointing. I left at 8 saturday and only stayed for a few KISS songs. Wasnt all that appealing.

Old
07-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

The last time Eminem played at Parc Jean Drapeau, it was after Pennywise at the Vans Warp Tour in summer 99, and there were barely 50 people in front of the stage. It was just a few months before he really went mainstream.

I wonder if he's gonna remember that moment when he'll be on stage...

Old
07-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

So stoked for Osheaga this weekend.....can't wait to FINALLy see Death Cab for Cutie(their show was cancelled here in Ottawa due to a stage falling down).

Old
07-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Batali Crocs*

Heavy MTL was great Sunday (the saturday lineup looked like garbage) So many good acts, but still, last years lineup was the best. Slayer, Mastodon, Megadeth, **** so many awesome acts last year. Motorhead was my fav. Seent hem so many times but they're awesome every single time. Kiss was so entertaining, man they really put on a show. Loved it.

Old
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Lizard King*

I was front row center for KISS and they put on an amazing show. Did anyone see Paul Stanley lift up a leather vest at the end of the set with a KISS Army logo airbrushed on it? That was my friend's jacket. He's been a die-hard KISS fan his whole life and when that happened he was freaking out and couldn't stop talking about it. I thought it was pretty cool.

Old
07-25-2011, 04:14 PM
93gilmour93

Heavy mtl was awesome. Highlights of the weekend for me were Children of bodom,godsmack,suicide silence,devildriver,unearth and motorhead. Hopefully the kid that broke his neck body surfing during suicide silence makes a full recovery. Stay strong brother

Old
07-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Disclose

i only got there for motorhead and kiss.... they were too good. motorhead destroyed the place. overkill at the end was one of the best acts ive seen live. kiss fun as usual. my favorite band. they didnt disappoint

Old
07-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Opeth was great. In Flames was great, so was Trivium and All Shall Perish

Closed Thread