HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Info on Andy Delmore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2011, 04:20 AM
  #1
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Info on Andy Delmore

Does someone here remember Andy Delmore, he just signed for a tryout with Medveščak Zagreb, and I would like to now what do you guys think about him. I know he won Eddie Shore award, but is he a all-round D-man, or a pure offensive minded player.


Last edited by SFTC Addict: 07-25-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 04:53 AM
  #2
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Does someone here remember Andy Delmore, he just signed for a tryout with Medveščak Zagreb, and I would like to now what do you guys think about him. I know he won Eddie Shore award, but is he a all-round D-man, or a pure offensive minded player.
I would definitely say offensive minded:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=23910

He definitely had issues staying in the NHL full time. He did so for a couple of season but was mostly a fringe guy.

-Sorry i originally hit edit in my post when I replied, I didnt take anything out of your post, my bad.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 05:26 AM
  #3
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
I would definitely say offensive minded:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=23910

He definitely had issues staying in the NHL full time. He did so for a couple of season but was mostly a fringe guy.

-Sorry i originally hit edit in my post when I replied, I didnt take anything out of your post, my bad.
Thank you very much for you info, he seems like a guy we needed to improve our PP (altough it already was one of the best in the league), and we have guys like Geoff Waughn, and Sasha Pokulok as defensive minded D-man.

No need to apologize for hitting edit button it could happen to anyone, everything is forgiven.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 05:51 AM
  #4
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Thank you very much for you info, he seems like a guy we needed to improve our PP (altough it already was one of the best in the league), and we have guys like Geoff Waughn, and Sasha Pokulok as defensive minded D-man.

No need to apologize for hitting edit button it could happen to anyone, everything is forgiven.
The signing makes sense then. Holy blast from the past. I remember those 2 guys from the ECHL. The thing that is weary for me are Delmore's +/- stats but I suppose that comes with his style of play. He really is all over the place but when hes on hes as good as any non NHL defensemen when it comes to offense. I'm guessing the fact he was more offensive minded hurt his chances to become an NHL regular for any long stretch. He had a nice 2 year run but was mostly up and down. I think you may just like him, especially on the powerplay that you mentioned was already good.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 06:30 AM
  #5
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
The signing makes sense then. Holy blast from the past. I remember those 2 guys from the ECHL. The thing that is weary for me are Delmore's +/- stats but I suppose that comes with his style of play. He really is all over the place but when hes on hes as good as any non NHL defensemen when it comes to offense. I'm guessing the fact he was more offensive minded hurt his chances to become an NHL regular for any long stretch. He had a nice 2 year run but was mostly up and down. I think you may just like him, especially on the powerplay that you mentioned was already good.
Well we have one guy that plays like him in Robby Sandrock, but Delmore is judging by everything a lot better, so Sandrock will probably leave. So now we have guys like Delmore, Andy Sertich, and Alan Letang to provide the offense from the backend, and guys like Waughn, Pokulok, and Martinovich as defensive minded D-man. I can't describe how much I'm looking forward to next season of EBEL.

Once again thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 09:07 AM
  #6
Majik1987
I know kung fu...
 
Majik1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
His offense is pretty good; his defense is downright awful. If he were a winger, maybe you could live it to a degree, but as a defenseman, he will make mistakes that lead directly to goals. I'm not sure if puts up enough offense to breakeven.

__________________
The Chicago Wolves = 2008 Calder Cup Champions!
Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 09:17 AM
  #7
99nogoal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
I read somewhere that he was being called Any Elmore because his defense was so bad he didn't deserve to have "D's" in his name. Seriously though, cannon of a shot and that's about it on the upside.

99nogoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:04 AM
  #8
Majik1987
I know kung fu...
 
Majik1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nogoal View Post
I read somewhere that he was being called Any Elmore because his defense was so bad he didn't deserve to have "D's" in his name. Seriously though, cannon of a shot and that's about it on the upside.
If you go digging around this forum, you'll find that reference.

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 01:50 PM
  #9
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec
 
kovacro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,265
vCash: 500
Ivan13, Delmore could be a good addition to the team. As mentioned not great defensively, he probably couldn't play defensive even if he had an anvil strapped onto his back but he should pile up the points.

As a fellow Croatian I've been following the progress of Medvescak the last few years along with the national team it's too bad they couldn't get back to the B pool this past year, they lost out to Romania.

Are any of the players who have received Croatian citizenship ever going to play for the national team?

kovacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
  #10
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacro View Post
Ivan13, Delmore could be a good addition to the team. As mentioned not great defensively, he probably couldn't play defensive even if he had an anvil strapped onto his back but he should pile up the points.

As a fellow Croatian I've been following the progress of Medvescak the last few years along with the national team it's too bad they couldn't get back to the B pool this past year, they lost out to Romania.

Are any of the players who have received Croatian citizenship ever going to play for the national team?
Yes John Hecimovic, Joel Prpich (he played for Avs in NHL), Ryan Kinasewich, Andy Sertich, Mike Ouzas (he came here this year), Tom Zanonski all expressed a wish to play for national team, and Medveščak's managment is trying to find more Croats in both Canada, Europe and USA to come and play with Medveščak, and later on for our national team. Any time you need to know something about Medveščak or our national team just PM me, I'll try to answer all your questions the best I can.

Something about the team itself - they have by far the best goalie in the league (guy in picture), and their team is vastly improved compared to last season so they could fight for the championship if refs don't butcher us like they did last year.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
  #11
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yes John Hecimovic, Joel Prpich (he played for Avs in NHL), Ryan Kinasewich, Andy Sertich, Mike Ouzas (he came here this year), Tom Zanonski all expressed a wish to play for national team, and Medveščak's managment is trying to find more Croats in both Canada, Europe and USA to come and play with Medveščak, and later on for our national team. Any time you need to know something about Medveščak or our national team just PM me, I'll try to answer all your questions the best I can.

Something about the team itself - they have by far the best goalie in the league (guy in picture), and their team is vastly improved compared to last season so they could fight for the championship if refs don't butcher us like they did last year.
So...for an ECHLer fan like myself....have Kinasewich and Zanoski committed to coming over there for this upcoming season? I'm just trying to figure out if Kinasewich was still available because some of my buddies were hoping he would come here since one of his former coaches(who has a nice track record of getting his former players to follow him)just became our head coach.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
  #12
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
So...for an ECHLer fan like myself....have Kinasewich and Zanoski committed to coming over there for this upcoming season? I'm just trying to figure out if Kinasewich was still available because some of my buddies were hoping he would come here since one of his former coaches(who has a nice track record of getting his former players to follow him)just became our head coach.
Yes they did, EBEL is probably on the same level as ECHL, and they pay better in EBEL when you count taxes, and living costs. Kinasewich isn't going anywhere since he was our best player last year (not counting our goalie Kristan - you've probably seen him play with Slovenia at WC), and he's happy in Zagreb, if he gets a call from SEL, Allsvenskan, AHL, KHL or DEL he could end up there, but I doubt he'll go to ECHL, plus he is one of the guys that will play for our national team so if I had to bet I would say he isn't going to leave. Zanonski said it's been his dream to play hockey back home in Zagreb (here's the link: http://www.medvescak.com/eng/news_20...2/news293.html) so I doubt he'll go to ECHL either. Marty Raymond also became the new head coach in Zagreb.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 06:03 PM
  #13
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yes they did, EBEL is probably on the same level as ECHL, and they pay better in EBEL when you count taxes, and living costs. Kinasewich isn't going anywhere since he was our best player last year (not counting our goalie Kristan - you've probably seen him play with Slovenia at WC), and he's happy in Zagreb, if he gets a call from SEL, Allsvenskan, AHL, KHL or DEL he could end up there, but I doubt he'll go to ECHL, plus he is one of the guys that will play for our national team so if I had to bet I would say he isn't going to leave. Zanonski said it's been his dream to play hockey back home in Zagreb (here's the link: http://www.medvescak.com/eng/news_20...2/news293.html) so I doubt he'll go to ECHL either. Marty Raymond also became the new head coach in Zagreb.
Marty Raymond...lol. According to Bakersfield fans much shouldnt be expected of the guy. Though some of that may be tongue in cheek as their ownership is cheap. So i guess he was competitive with what little he had. maybe he will be okay.

Thanks for the info though. I remember Kinasewich being on the Grizzlies last and he was a scoring machine. Zanoski was on Gwinnett the last I knew and then he just disappeared, I actually forgot about him.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:37 AM
  #14
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,565
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If the Croatian league is at the level of the ECHL, Delmore should put up some gaudy numbers. He'd be the Mike Green of that league.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:09 AM
  #15
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If the Croatian league is at the level of the ECHL, Delmore should put up some gaudy numbers. He'd be the Mike Green of that league.
How did Delmore avoid being an ECHL guy? His defense was that awful(well some of those guys can actually play a good D)but Delmore was almost detrimental to his team.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:14 AM
  #16
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If the Croatian league is at the level of the ECHL, Delmore should put up some gaudy numbers. He'd be the Mike Green of that league.
Well EBEL is probably a little bit better, and it's Austrian league, with teams from other countries such as Slovenia (Jesenice and Olimpija Ljubljana), Hungary (Alba Volan), Czech Rep. (Orli Znojmo), and Croatia (Medveščak Zagreb).

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:21 AM
  #17
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Marty Raymond...lol. According to Bakersfield fans much shouldnt be expected of the guy. Though some of that may be tongue in cheek as their ownership is cheap. So i guess he was competitive with what little he had. maybe he will be okay.

Thanks for the info though. I remember Kinasewich being on the Grizzlies last and he was a scoring machine. Zanoski was on Gwinnett the last I knew and then he just disappeared, I actually forgot about him.
I don't know much about Raymond, but he was the coach of Bakersfield for so many years, and I doubt they would keep him that long if he was no good just because they're cheap.

Kinasewich is a great player, there's no doubt in that, the line of him, Hecimovic and Prpich was pure magic last year, and I hope they'll keep it up this year.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
  #18
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
As has been noted previously in the thread, you've misspelled his name. There is no d in Any Elmore.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.