HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Top 25 Centers in the NHL

Old
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
I think they'd be ok with Toews, H. Sedin, Sharp up the middle.
No chance. When Henrik is -11 in a playoff run, plus we have no shutdown center... we would never get past a top notch team.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
No chance. When Henrik is -11 in a playoff run, plus we have no shutdown center... we would never get past a top notch team.
You don't think Toews can be a shutdown center???

Hawkey Town 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks4life View Post
I value your opinion but I guess I evaluate talent differently. bolland would be drafted in the top 25. He is a winner and has won at every level he has played. Went heads up in jr against Crosby to win the mem cup.....doesn't allow the Sedins, Thornton or Mike Richards an even strength goal during the cup run......got chicago to a game 7 upon his return. Pretty impressive to me! I bet he will be on the radar for team Canada the next Olympics; he's a proven shut down guy.

Do your gm draft for the playoffs with all 30 teams making the playoffs. He may not be listed as the number one center but he played the most min of any forward during the cup run if i'm not mistaken. Who's ahead of him. Spezza, Weiss, Statsny??
The guy is never healthy, he shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Sarava

Quote:
You don't think Toews can be a shutdown center???
Not as effective as Bolland. He doesnt have that get under the skin kind of game.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:59 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
If you're into shiny stats, then Bolland is not your man. If you're in it to win the cup, then he is your man.

For example - say the Hawks traded Bolland for Henrik Sedin. The chances of winning the presidents trophy goes up, but the Hawks also become a more beatable team in the playoffs. I'll stick with Bolly.
I wouldn't trade Bolland for either Sedin. We'd just become Washington if that happened.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:02 PM
coldsteelonice84

If they didn't sign Brunette, I'd say try to get Malone, but taking on that contract and pushing Smith off the team is not worth it since we already have Brunette.

Old
07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
I value your opinion but I guess I evaluate talent differently. bolland would be drafted in the top 25. He is a winner and has won at every level he has played. Went heads up in jr against Crosby to win the mem cup.....doesn't allow the Sedins, Thornton or Mike Richards an even strength goal during the cup run......got chicago to a game 7 upon his return. Pretty impressive to me! I bet he will be on the radar for team Canada the next Olympics; he's a proven shut down guy.

Do your gm draft for the playoffs with all 30 teams making the playoffs. He may not be listed as the number one center but he played the most min of any forward during the cup run if i'm not mistaken. Who's ahead of him. Spezza, Weiss, Statsny??
In no specific order...

Pavelski, Giroux, Krejci, Tavares (ranked #25) who you didn't mention.

Spezza: for sure, he puts up great numbers on a horrible team, and before you mention it, his defensive game has been improving (obviously not at Bolland level).

Stastny: not sure, but I would lean towards yes

Weiss: No

Old
07-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Blackhawks4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
The guy is never healthy, he shouldn't be anywhere near this list.
You can't argue what he has done and how important he is in this nhl. they struggle every time he goes down with an injury. Bergeron has overcome injuries just like Bolland and been successful. Again to you......give me someone who should be ahead of him.

Blackhawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Not as effective as Bolland. He doesnt have that get under the skin kind of game.
Toews is bigger, stronger, more skilled, and a better skater than Bolland. He has great hockey sense and defensive awareness, and will do absolutely anything that is asked of him. If he was allowed to focus on defense and shutting down players he would be better than Bolland. This is getting ridiculous...

Old
07-26-2011, 02:16 PM
LandofLincoln

I wouldn't trade Bolland for either Sedin. We'd just become Washington if that happened.

Interesting comment Washington with big gun high paid centers....but lacking...always good but missing something. Obviously both Sedins are better, but better offensively doesn't translate to overall impact.

I can't start a thread but if I could how about this...Is Marian Hossa still a top 50 player in the NHL? And how many years before Hossa is off the second line?

In a perfect world in 2 years.... 1st line Beach/Hayes Toews Kane 2nd line Morin Bolland Sharp

Hossa has averaged 62 games with the Blackhawks over 2 years. Can Hossa still hit 60 points or is he on his way digressing. Who will have more points this year Hossa or Bolland?

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Blackhawks4life

Quote:
Toews is bigger, stronger, more skilled, and a better skater than Bolland. He has great hockey sense and defensive awareness, and will do absolutely anything that is asked of him. If he was allowed to focus on defense and shutting down players he would be better than Bolland. This is getting ridiculous...
Toews is a top 3 center in the league so there is no need to be talking about him. If you can't score, you can't win. Bolly doesn't allow you to score so he becomes a very important guy.
You have Spezza on your list (speaking on bandaids)
Put a winner on your list and what they have accomplished and your will get your props. duchesne, tavares, they are gonna be very good players but this list is for this coming season. You would rather have these guys ahead of Bolly in the playoffs?

Blackhawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Delete...double post

Last edited by Hawkey Town 18: 07-26-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old
07-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

don't forget

Quote:
Rankings are based solely on players' projected performances in 2011-12.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:28 PM
LandofLincoln

Does anybody here want to fight me I'm 5' 7'' 175lbs I have the dumbest post on these boards and usually insult people,players and sometimes myself.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Delete...double post

Old
07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
You can't argue what he has done and how important he is in this nhl. they struggle every time he goes down with an injury. Bergeron has overcome injuries just like Bolland and been successful. Again to you......give me someone who should be ahead of him.
Every guy mentioned in this thread so far should be above him.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Delete...double post

Old
07-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Toews is a top 3 center in the league so there is no need to be talking about him. If you can't score, you can't win. Bolly doesn't allow you to score so he becomes a very important guy.
You have Spezza on your list (speaking on bandaids)
Put a winner on your list and what they have accomplished and your will get your props. duchesne, tavares, they are gonna be very good players but this list is for this coming season. You would rather have these guys ahead of Bolly in the playoffs?
On a random team as a 1st line center with league average players at all other positions? Yes.

EDIT: By league average I mean average for their position (i.e. 1st line RW, #2 Dman, etc.)

Old
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Bolland is the single most overrated player amongst Blackhawk fans since the days of Ruutu.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Bolland is the single most overrated player amongst Blackhawk fans since the days of Ruutu.
And yet, we got visibly better against Vancouver in the playoffs last season as soon as he returned.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 07:31 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Sure. He's a better center then Tomas Kopecky.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Sure. He's a better center then Tomas Kopecky.
lol, to be fair, Kopecky went down before Bolland came back.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 07:43 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post

Interesting comment Washington with big gun high paid centers....but lacking...always good but missing something. Obviously both Sedins are better, but better offensively doesn't translate to overall impact.

I can't start a thread but if I could how about this...Is Marian Hossa still a top 50 player in the NHL? And how many years before Hossa is off the second line?

In a perfect world in 2 years.... 1st line Beach/Hayes Toews Kane 2nd line Morin Bolland Sharp

Hossa has averaged 62 games with the Blackhawks over 2 years. Can Hossa still hit 60 points or is he on his way digressing. Who will have more points this year Hossa or Bolland?
Yes, Hossa is easily still top 50, right at the end but there for sure. In two years, I see no reason why Hossa won't be putting up 50-55 points or to be more accurate, around .75 PPG for at least another 4-5 years. I also seeing him possibly having 1 or 2 years in that span where comes close to PPG in seasons of good health. I highly doubt in two years Beach or Hayes or any other wing prospect will be putting up 60 points with Hossa's great defense and puck possesion abilities to go along with his other high end abilities nevertheless extensive experience and hockey sense. He should stay in the top 6. I think in 82 games per year, Bolland is a 50 points player and potential Selke nominee in any given year who elevates his game in the playoffs. Both, along with Toews, are they real heart and soul of this team. They have to stay. Obviously Kane provides elite level offense, Sharp is a high end two way talent whose versatility helps the forward group out a lot, but Toews, Bolland and Hossa are, and IMO will continue to be this teams most rounded and best two-way hockey players for they next 4-5 years provided they all stay together.

Old
07-26-2011, 08:12 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
I don't know how anyone can fathomably say they wouldn't trade Bolland for either Sedin, but 34 points in 43 playoff games while shutting down a bunch of the top centres in the game sounds pretty damn good to me.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Chelios

Bolland? Marrotte Marauder must have had a say in this.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote