HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

If you could have your ideal curve made, what would it be?

Old
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Rebels21

vCash: 500
I would use the Zetterberg or PM9 maybe lower the lie a bit and give it a square blade for digging pucks out of the corner.

Rebels21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Splitbtw
Free Torres!

I'm looking for a blade with a lie equal to or higher than the Sakic/P92 pattern but with a less-open blade. Heel would be preferable, but mid or toe works. I know companies like to list their lies as whatever, but in the end, they are all different unless compared.

Any suggestions?

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:30 PM
LA Kings Hockey

I would get a pm9 with a small toe curve at the end of the blade

LA Kings Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Badger36

Ovechkin curve but with more curve and more loft.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Sharpshooter101
Rookie User

The Sakic curve is already ideal for me.

Sharpshooter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I'm looking for a blade with a lie equal to or higher than the Sakic/P92 pattern but with a less-open blade. Heel would be preferable, but mid or toe works. I know companies like to list their lies as whatever, but in the end, they are all different unless compared.

Any suggestions?
Bauer P106 might work for you, it's a bit less open and more of a heel than the P92. Lie is about the same, but with I think a slightly different rocker. You could also try a Bauer P88 or Easton Iginla, but they might be too closed, and too mid. Maybe a Sherwood Stastny? Not a tonne of curves that are in that mid-range of openess, most seem to be either straight, close to straight or really open, some of the only curves I know of that are moderately open are the P106 and the Stastny, the Warrior Vanek is also moderately open but the lie might be a bit low for you. Do not have all of these curves in front of me to compare lies, so you'll want to do that in-store to make sure you're getting what you want.

Last edited by ponder: 07-26-2011 at 01:09 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Splitbtw
Free Torres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Bauer P106 might work for you, it's a bit less open and more of a heel than the P92. Lie is about the same, but with I think a slightly different rocker. You could also try a Bauer P88 or Easton Iginla, but they might be too closed, and too mid. Maybe a Sherwood Stastny? Not a tonne of curves that are in that mid-range of openess, most seem to be either straight, close to straight or really open, some of the only curves I know of that are moderately open are the P106 and the Stastny, the Warrior Vanek is also moderately open but the lie might be a bit low for you. Do not have all of these curves in front of me to compare lies, so you'll want to do that in-store to make sure you're getting what you want.
I have the p88 blade hanging around which I may end giving a shot when the blade on the se16 I have goes soft or breaks. the other option I'm leaning towards is the savard from warrior bc they offer it in their 4,5 and 6 lie. I'm thinking the 6 lie would give me exactly what I want.

of course I won't buy anything new until the conversion goes as planned, but that's a whole separate bag of pucks.

Old
07-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

I love the Staal, Drury or Parise. You can't beat the wedge for tip ins and slapshots.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 04:01 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I have the p88 blade hanging around which I may end giving a shot when the blade on the se16 I have goes soft or breaks. the other option I'm leaning towards is the savard from warrior bc they offer it in their 4,5 and 6 lie. I'm thinking the 6 lie would give me exactly what I want.

of course I won't buy anything new until the conversion goes as planned, but that's a whole separate bag of pucks.
Yeah, Savard could be a good call for you, although it's really not very open at all. Warrior measures their lies fairly differently than Easton and Bauer, though, if you think you're a 5.5 - 6 lie on the Bauer scale you might be better off with a 5 lie Savard than a 6, only way to know is to bring in a curve that you know is perfect for you lie/rocker wise when you head to your hockey shop, and compare it directly in person to the curves you're considering buying.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Splitbtw
Free Torres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Yeah, Savard could be a good call for you, although it's really not very open at all. Warrior measures their lies fairly differently than Easton and Bauer, though, if you think you're a 5.5 - 6 lie on the Bauer scale you might be better off with a 5 lie Savard than a 6, only way to know is to bring in a curve that you know is perfect for you lie/rocker wise when you head to your hockey shop, and compare it directly in person to the curves you're considering buying.
The closest LHS I have that would have those available for me would be hockey monkey in socal at about a 90min drive. I know the warrior scale is pretty much their listed lie plus one. I have the Lidstrom clone and that is little too low of a lie for my liking. I assume the rocker or the sakic/p92 causes it to play as a higher lie as well.

I've used the PM9 and liked the neutral face, the lie was just way to low for me.

Old
07-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Subnordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeam View Post
Really? All I find are Coffeys! I was trying to find a PP26 Stastny for my two piece and every store in Vancouver had about ten Coffeys and no Stastnys. I had to order online.

My favorite store has about 15 of each

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote