HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Furry Fever: Pens to Host 2012 Draft?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2011, 08:06 AM
  #26
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarDefense View Post
Oh dear, this will only feed the trolls.
It would be great if we got the 2013 All-Star game too. Not so much for the game, but for the level of histrionics that it would bring to HF.

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:07 AM
  #27
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
That would be cool...I've been wanting to go to the draft for a few years now.

Of course, we all know what happened last time the draft was in Pittsburgh...Robert Dome.

I wonder what d-men will be available?
That was a horrible draft year, our best pick was Andrew Ference in the 8th round

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:27 AM
  #28
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
NHL dismissed the rumors about Pittsburgh hosting the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, it's just not the plan right now, they might think about it though, it would showcase the new arena a little bit more.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
  #29
IHWR
The Chiropractor
 
IHWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
I heard Tampa was the likely destination or at least that was the word around the Draft in Minnesota so things could've changed since then.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
  #30
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
NHL dismissed the rumors about Pittsburgh hosting the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, it's just not the plan right now, they might think about it though, it would showcase the new arena a little bit more.
I seriously doubt the NHL even knows yet. But we're probably on the short list if I had to guess. I say they should hold it in Winnipeg. That would be cool for their fans as odds of getting a lottery pick are decent.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:31 AM
  #31
clefty
What a nice fella
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,113
vCash: 500
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

The Penguins already were considered the favorite to host the event when officials with Anthrocon 2012 -- the annual gathering of furries in Pittsburgh -- moved their event at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center to a week earlier in June than previously planned, accommodating a "rare opportunity" for the city to host an undisclosed event.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:14 AM
  #32
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
Looks like I'll be making two trips to Pittsburgh next summer.


Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:17 AM
  #33
Polaris Husky
The North Star
 
Polaris Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

The Penguins already were considered the favorite to host the event when officials with Anthrocon 2012 -- the annual gathering of furries in Pittsburgh -- moved their event at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center to a week earlier in June than previously planned, accommodating a "rare opportunity" for the city to host an undisclosed event.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Which just highlights the difference between MLB and the NHL. MLB gets pushed around by them every year, where the NHL will have none of their s***.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:04 AM
  #34
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,543
vCash: 500
How is the furry thing a rare opportunity? It's here every year, I thought.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:38 AM
  #35
Dread Pirate Roberts
Registered User
 
Dread Pirate Roberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mountain West
Country: United States
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

The Penguins already were considered the favorite to host the event when officials with Anthrocon 2012 -- the annual gathering of furries in Pittsburgh -- moved their event at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center to a week earlier in June than previously planned, accommodating a "rare opportunity" for the city to host an undisclosed event.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe
We've actually got an Anthrocon attendee on this board. Can't remember which poster it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
How is the furry thing a rare opportunity? It's here every year, I thought.
The rare opportunity is the "undisclosed event" for which the furry convention was moved.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:51 AM
  #36
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,562
vCash: 422
AKA the draft.


I love that furry convention. My friends know Pittsburgh for two things...football and the furry convention.


Still one of the best things I've ever heard was Bob Uecker's journey to the furry convention while in Pittsburgh for a Brewers game.



__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
  #37
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,543
vCash: 500
Haha. That is awesome

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:11 AM
  #38
Polaris Husky
The North Star
 
Polaris Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
We've actually got an Anthrocon attendee on this board. Can't remember which poster it was.


The rare opportunity is the "undisclosed event" for which the furry convention was moved.
One of them used to be a mod on the Nashville board.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:14 AM
  #39
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion Fox View Post
One of them used to be a mod on the Nashville board.
Wait a second...

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:22 AM
  #40
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
I like how the title of this thread is now changed to have "Furry Fever" in it.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:39 AM
  #41
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Get To Our Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
  #42
Chraa
Registered User
 
Chraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500

Chraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:14 PM
  #43
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,661
vCash: 500
All jokes aside, and they are deserved, it would be no surprise that a yearly event would take precedence over a one time thing. Whether you wear an animal suit for some sexual fetish or whatever or come to sell software, you need hotel rooms, food, clothing stores, and on and on. If you commit to it yearly here you guarenteee an annual benefit to the region. As a tax payer honestly, although I would love for the draft to be here, if it is at the cost of an annual revenue cow, I would not want it.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:58 PM
  #44
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
All jokes aside, and they are deserved, it would be no surprise that a yearly event would take precedence over a one time thing. Whether you wear an animal suit for some sexual fetish or whatever or come to sell software, you need hotel rooms, food, clothing stores, and on and on. If you commit to it yearly here you guarenteee an annual benefit to the region. As a tax payer honestly, although I would love for the draft to be here, if it is at the cost of an annual revenue cow, I would not want it.
Luckily we won't have to worry about that since they didn't cancel the event, they just moved it to an earlier week.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:03 PM
  #45
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post
Luckily we won't have to worry about that since they didn't cancel the event, they just moved it to an earlier week.
But what if that week doesn't line up with migratory or hibernation patterns?

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:05 PM
  #46
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
But what if that week doesn't line up with migratory or hibernation patterns?
We'll send Steigy to go wake them up.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:34 PM
  #47
mikitas donut
The Hammer!
 
mikitas donut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
I've been to Anthrocon several times. It's a hell of a thing.

mikitas donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.